HF ranks teams by their Top 6 forwards - #2

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
:laugh:

I'm still trying to figure out how a team like the Leafs with the NHL's 2nd best forwards, a solid D, a top-notch #1 goalie, the best coach and GM and no injuries only managed the same number of wins and 8 more points than a mediocre, overrated team like the Jets, who had league-bottom goaltending and the most significant man-games lost in the NHL.

Wish this could be stickied....

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
This is probably the twentieth time a poster has made that "funny joke" this offseason

None of them play goalie :help:

Wasn't meant to be a joke, just an observation. At first I had the word "weird" instead of "funny" but I thought that might offend some so I changed it to funny.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
You mean the same role Kadri was used in?

Lucic this isn't 2010 anymore. At one time i would agree with you.

Pool Party has all the tools but some feel his tool box isn't quite there.

See here is what your not getting The Difference in the Oilers first line is smaller compared to the difference in the second is much much bigger.

*In your opinion

I see the difference between Lucic/RNH/Puljujarvi and JVR/Kadri/Marner being smaller than the difference between Maroon/McDavid/Draisaitl and Marleau/Matthews/ Nylander

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Can someone explain to me how the Jets have the 2nd best top 6 in the NHL, 3 #1 D, and the top prospect pool before last season and STILL haven't won a playoff game, nevermind even getting there anytime recently?

Goaltending? Team defense?

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
As a leafs fan I really don't care if the leafs finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th in this poll. Top 6 isn't really our #1 strong suit.

Our absolute dominance comes from our top 9/3rd line which boasts a
55 point center,
37 point rookie winger, who could easily improve
and a 35 point winger.

If that's not enough we also have kasperi Kapanen waiting who could easily put up 40 points in the right situation.

The leafs depth is absolutely insane. Here's hoping it all works out!

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Yeah... those are top 6 numbers champ, even with them underachieving. :laugh:

Edmonton is easily #2 here. Any team left on this list would gladly trade their top 6 for Edmontons. Assuming Pulju finds his game this year, it wont even be close.

Because of some guy named Connor. Since this is a "best top six" and not "best two players" thread, I'm not sure the bolded is accurate since after McDavid and Draisaitl, the Oilers aren't deeper than teams still left on the board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->