HF ranks teams by their Top 6 forwards - #2

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Dallas is #2 just because of the top end talent they have IMO. If Radulov could put up 54 points while playing with Phillip Danault, how much could he produce with Benn and Seguin? Plus they have a very good 2nd line with Spezza and Hanzal being the two big guys there.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Dallas is #2 just because of the top end talent they have IMO. If Radulov could put up 54 points while playing with Phillip Danault, how much could he produce with Benn and Seguin? Plus they have a very good 2nd line with Spezza and Hanzal being the two big guys there.

if Kessel could put up 80 points while centered by Bozak, how much could he produce with Crosby and Malkin?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
if Kessel could put up 80 points while centered by Bozak, how much could he produce with Crosby and Malkin?

If James Neal could put up 55 points with Ribiero, how many points could he produce with Crosby and Malkin?

Your point doesn't prove a thing. Some players don't see improvements in points when playing with better players, a lot of other players do. I'm thinking Radulov is going to be in the latter group.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
neither does yours. Hockey is a bit more complex than "good player + good player = more points!!"

A lot more players see an improvement in points when playing with better linemates than players who don't see an improvement in points.

Radulov is going from playing with a 3rd line center to playing with a top-10 (closer to top-5) center in all of hockey, plus he's going to be playing with one of the top-3 wingers in hockey. How can you possibly even begin to argue he's not going to see an increase in production from that? Just because Kessel didn't improve in production, Radulov won't improve?

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
A lot more players see an improvement in points when playing with better linemates than players who don't see an improvement in points.

Radulov is going from playing with a 3rd line center to playing with a top-10 (closer to top-5) center in all of hockey, plus he's going to be playing with one of the top-3 wingers in hockey. How can you possibly even begin to argue he's not going to see an increase in production from that? Just because Kessel didn't improve in production, Radulov won't improve?

Maybe because it's possible that it doesn't work?

Have you ever thought that it might be possible that Radulov isn't going to have chemistry with Seguin and/or Benn?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

Maybe he won't be a good fit? There are plenty of reasons why he may not. I don't see why you can't admit it's not a sure thing

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Maybe because it's possible that it doesn't work?

Have you ever thought that it might be possible that Radulov isn't going to have chemistry with Seguin and/or Benn?

It's entirely possible they don't have chemistry, but even with poor chemistry, I'm willing to bet Radulov with Seguin is going to produce more than Radulov with Daneault. Seguin might not have the impact on Radulov that Malkin had on Neal, but I'm not going to base my predictions at this point that they're not going to fit well together.

Maybe he won't be a good fit? There are plenty of reasons why he may not. I don't see why you can't admit it's not a sure thing

Yeah, it's entirely possible he won't be a good fit. It's also true that the line is so ridiculously talented that they'll most likely be able to produce a lot of points even if they don't fit well together.

I find it funny that Leafs fans are the ones arguing me on this. I wonder why :sarcasm:

I don't even see why it matters with Radulov. Janmark and Hanzal on the second line kicks them out of #2.

Hanzal is a wildcard because of how injury prone he is, it's impossible to tell how much he'll produce because he can play in as little as like 35 games in a season. Janmark also missed all of last year, so I think he falls in that category as well.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
It's entirely possible they don't have chemistry, but even with poor chemistry, I'm willing to bet Radulov with Seguin is going to produce more than Radulov with Daneault. Seguin might not have the impact on Radulov that Malkin had on Neal, but I'm not going to base my predictions at this point that they're not going to fit well together.

Yeah, it's entirely possible he won't be a good fit. It's also true that the line is so ridiculously talented that they'll most likely be able to produce a lot of points even if they don't fit well together.

I find it funny that Leafs fans are the ones arguing me on this. I wonder why :sarcasm:
The other guy is a Winnipeg fan, though (MardyBum)? I have no problem with other teams like Winnipeg or Tampa ranking above the Leafs. I don't think Dallas deserves second though

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
leafs, although the jets are very close.

Throw in Bozak (55pts) and Brown (20g) and not even the pens can match that depth

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
neither does yours. Hockey is a bit more complex than "good player + good player = more points!!"

yup based on that theory kessel should have had 40-50 goals on the pens

Dallas is a tier below the pens,leafs,bolts and jets. helluva top line, but when its spezza,hanzal,jannmark as the 2nd? doesnt come close

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
how is edmonton getting votes lol?

Mcdavid is the 2nd best in the world. Draisaitl is one of the top young players in the league. but then you have Lucic 50pts, RNH 43 pts, Maroon 42 pts (riding shotgun to connor) and Puljujarvi (did nothing in the NHL)

only 3 of those guys are even top 6 players, 4 if you think RNH can bounce back

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Hanzal is a wildcard because of how injury prone he is, it's impossible to tell how much he'll produce because he can play in as little as like 35 games in a season. Janmark also missed all of last year, so I think he falls in that category as well.

So you're picking them because they have wildcards that could possibly maybe be as good as Perreault/Little and Wheeler?

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Kadri didn't actually play with JVR and Marner last year but if we're going by top6 forwards in terms of actual ability and including him over Bozak I take the Leafs quite comfortably here. As for the Radulov debate he may put up more points but historically these expected production bumps based on linemates is always over-hyped, even if it works out as well as it can I still take the Leafs as a six man unit.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I'd go with the Jets here at 2nd, Leafs in 3rd, Lightning in 4th, then Dallas 5th.

Matthews + Kadri vs Scheifele and Little is pretty close to a wash.
Ehlers and Nylander are basically a wash, most can agree on this.
Then you have Laine, Wheeler, and Perreault vs Marner, Marleau, and JVR. I think the Jets have the edge here as Wheeler is a top winger in the league still, Laine is headed that way and Perreault is a serviceable top 6 winger who can play anywhere in our lineup.

I'd rank em as:
Wheeler
Laine
Marner
JVR
Perreault roughly equal to an aging Marleau.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

you just completely blew up his argument

i still remember the poll about how many goals kessel will get in pitts.
the winning choice was 40+. he hasnt even gotten back to 30

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->