HF Ranking Prospect Pools #1

Best Prospect Pool.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
I didn't have to do any research, Seth - that post was done from the top of head. My full prospect rankings are on HF Boards. You are free to read them.

Favin's Top 100 Prospects
Okay, well, the fact that you have Kravstov at 16 already has me disagreeing with your rankings, so from that standpoint alone, we're far apart in how we value certain players.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Here are the prospects I think we could reliably say will be NHL contributors (also included some bubble names).

10. NYR:
F: Kakko, Kravstov
D: Miller, Fox, Lundqvist
G: Shestyorkin
Bubble: Hajek, Rykov, Robertson

That is a good group - with 3-4 otential stars - but it is not deep. (NYR fans, you can call me all the names you want, but that won't make Ryan Gropp any better). Here are my better pools....

1. PHI:
F: Frost, Farabee, Ratcliffe, Brink, Rubstov, Allison
D: York, Myers, Attard
G: Hart
Bubble: Vorobyev, O'Brien, St Ivany, Kalynuk

2. MTL:
F: Suzuki, Caulfield, Poehling, Ylonen, Olofsson
D: Romanov, Brook, Fleury
G: Primeau
Bubble: Strubble, Ikonen, Norlinder, Teasdale

3. COL
F: Kaut, Newhook, Bowers
D: Makar, Byram, Timmins
G: Francouz
Bubble: Greer, Ranta, Meloche, Beaucage, Helleson

4. NJD:
F: Hughes, Boqvist, McLeod, Anderson, Bastian
D: Smith, Walsh, Misyul
G: Blackwood
Bubble: Talvitie, Popugaev, Okhotyuk

5. CHI:
F: Dach, Sikura, Entwhistle, Barratt
D: Boqvist, Mitchell, Vlasic, Beaudin
Bubble: Kurashev, Krys, Soderlund, Teply, Wise, Fortin

6. NYI:
F: Wahlstrom, Iskhakov, Bellows, Holmstrom
D: Dobson, Wilde, Salo
G: Sorokin
Bubble: Bolduc, Dal Colle, Soderstrom

7. EDM:
F: Benson, Maksimov, Marody, Yamamoto, Lavoie
D: Bouchard, Broberg, Jones
Bubble: McLeod, Bear, Skinner, Samorukov

(excuse any omissions or spelling errors, I typed this up quickly)

Obviously a homer, but using the same criteria it looks like Carolina is a glaring omission from this:
F: Necas, Suzuki, Rees, Drury, Gauthier, Geekie
D: Bean, Sellgren, McKeown
G: Nedeljkovic
bubble: Puistola, Honka, Kochetkov, Kuokkanen, Luostarinen

basically they were a consensus top 4 pool before the draft, even factoring in some teams picking above them they still picked up enough talent to maintain somewhere in the 4-6 range.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Obviously a homer, but using the same criteria it looks like Carolina is a glaring omission from this:
F: Necas, Suzuki, Rees, Drury, Gauthier, Geekie
D: Bean, Sellgren, McKeown
G: Nedeljkovic
bubble: Puistola, Honka, Kochetkov, Kuokkanen, Luostarinen

basically they were a consensus top 4 pool before the draft, even factoring in some teams picking above them they still picked up enough talent to maintain somewhere in the 4-6 range.
They were #8 on my list!

Reactions: DaveG

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Okay, well, the fact that you have Kravstov at 16 already has me disagreeing with your rankings, so from that standpoint alone, we're far apart in how we value certain players.
That's fair. Would love to see your top-100 list, or top-25, so that I can comment back.

Rsswmu

May 20, 2014
That's fair. Would love to see your top-100 list, or top-25, so that I can comment back.

You seem to have a higher threshold for prospects in the Rangers organization than in others. You have put comparable prospects to Barron, Zac Jones, Henriksson, Lindgren, and Reunanen on multiple teams lists. Also you have to 2 goalies that are not prospects on the list.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
That's cool.

I like how you're upset that people voted for their team in a trivial ranking system.

Whether someone ranks your team 1st, or last who cares ? You don't win anything by having "best prospect pool"

You gotta learn to relax and enjoy the players your team has coming up and hope they're not busts. Well, some, if not most of the players listed will be, but you're hoping you get some good ones.

I like how you somehow took my post as coming across as upset. I dont give two shits about your pool or the rangers pool. I'm a fan of neither team.

I never said you win anything hy having the best pool. Did you even read my original post? You're just putting words in my mouth.

I stated I'd take Kakko over your entire pool why would that elicit a post telling me to relax? I used zero caps lock and zero exclamation marks...

Such a random post if anything you're the one whose clearly upset I'd take a single prospect over your entire pool...

Last edited:

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
That is a ridiculous opinion, and you know it.

Kakko is amazing, but the Habs have IMO a minimum of 5 prospects worthy at least of a 1st round pick if they were to be traded today (Poeling, Suzuki, Caufield, Romanov, Brook), and that's not even counting the rest of the pool depth that is quite strong with many players with NHL potential (Fleury, Primeau, Ylonen, etc).

I like top talent better than depth as well, but saying you would not trade Kakko for 5+ 1st round picks is laughable. I would certainly trade McDavid+ for Montreal prospect pool... and for most of those other top prospect pools as well without even thinking twice.

Its hardly a ridiculous stance, give me the 19 year old potential superstar over a bunch of middling 1st rounders...

And no I absolutely would not trade Kakko for 5 first round picks from Montreal. Looking at the past decade of firsts from Montreal it's far from impressive. The list going back ten years ago to five years ago are essentially all busts besides Galchenyuk who is very meh. (Leblanc, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Galchenyuk, McCarron.) You would feel pretty gutted if you moved KK for that. So more than half the list is busts, Sherbak is a bust, Sergachev has not lived up to expectations, and the last 3 firsts look much brighter for sure but I'm not moving KK for them. You want 1sts to try and hit a player like Kakko you dont take that and give it away for 5 more chances to try and find a player like Kakko.

Which you won't bc your mirred in mediocricy in the hardest division in the NHL which is showing no signs of getting weaker...

Saying you'd trade the best player in the game for Montreal's pool though is beyond ridiculous. Take that to the poll section and let me know how the results go for you before they lock it up.

Last edited:

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Best Overall:
1. PHI
2. MTL
3. COL
4. NJD
5. CHI
6. NYI
7. EDM
8. CAR
9. OTT
10. NYR

Compared to others, I probably overweight depth more. Teams like PHI, MTL and COL have deeper pools...teams like NJD and NYR have better high-end guys.

WTF did I just read:laugh:

Goodbye credibility!

giphy.gif

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Gee, that is a shame.

Best of luck, Kupo. I hope you win all of your anonymous internet battles today.
Internet battles..?

LOL. You got me all wrong man... You said the Rangers have the 10th best prospect pool In the league..... 10th...

I don’t give a damn if NY is 1st, or 30th. Our opinions won’t have any impact in any way.

Your reasons of why are ass backwards and like many other posters here, I wanted to point that out. That’s why I quoted you.

When NYR’s most hated rivals have the ability to look past a teams jersey and give a fair analysis on something, it says a whole damn lot. Practically every poster here suggested NYR have the 1st, 2nd, maaaaaayyyybe 3rd.

You have them ranked 10th. Shame on you. That’s just pure ignorance right there, and a clear display of total failure when evaluating prospects in general.

That’s why you’ve lost all credibility to me. Because your opinion on hockey prospects is equal to my knowledge regarding the understanding of black holes.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Internet battles..?

LOL. You got me all wrong man... You said the Rangers have the 10th best prospect pool In the league..... 10th...

I don’t give a damn if NY is 1st, or 30th. Our opinions won’t have any impact in any way.

Your reasons of why are ass backwards and like many other posters here, I wanted to point that out. That’s why I quoted you.

When NYR’s most hated rivals have the ability to look past a teams jersey and give a fair analysis on something, it says a whole damn lot. Practically every poster here suggested NYR have the 1st, 2nd, maaaaaayyyybe 3rd.

You have them ranked 10th. Shame on you. That’s just pure ignorance right there, and a clear display of total failure when evaluating prospects in general.

That’s why you’ve lost all credibility to me. Because your opinion on hockey prospects is equal to my knowledge regarding the understanding of black holes.
Kupo, I call them as I see them. There is no right or wrong answer, just opinions. Take a deep breath. Refocus all that "your opinions are wrong" into something productive or worthwhile...and something others here actually want to read. Make your own list. Compare NYR depth charts with other teams. Something. In the meantime, people on here don't want to read "you are dumb" type of posts. They want to talk hockey and think its best we do that. Good luck.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Kupo, I call them as I see them. There is no right or wrong answer, just opinions. Take a deep breath. Refocus all that "your opinions are wrong" into something productive or worthwhile...and something others here actually want to read. Make your own list. Compare NYR depth charts with other teams. Something. In the meantime, people on here don't want to read "you are dumb" type of posts. They want to talk hockey and think its best we do that. Good luck.

I believe the top prospect teams would be AVs (votes) + NYR.

There is no chance NYR would be ranked 10th. They’ve had more draft picks than any other team he last few years. Deepest prospect depth, sprinkled with some really high end prospects.

No chance they would be 10th.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
You do realize that the bold are completely irrelevant? I mean, should I go back and add a NYR promoted section and include Kreider, Miller, Skjei, Buchnevich? No. Because it is irrelevant :laugh:

Our #2 forward prospect is better than any other forward prospect that Colorado has.
Makar is better than any of our defensive prospects. K'Andre Miller and Fox are all better than the remaining Colorado defensive prospects.
Sheshty is a better goaltending prospect.

Offensive - Rangers > Colorado
Defense - Colorado > Rangers ( I think were deeper but Makar is that good)
Goaltending - Rangers > Colorado

The Rangers have a significantly better Top 10.
better than Byram. Ok then

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
So should the Oilers. Their defense might well be second or third behind Colorado and maybe NYR with Bouchard, Broberg, Jones, Samorukov, Bear, Laggesson, Day, and Berglund.

The goaltending is also solid with Starrett, Skinner and Rodrigue.

The forwards are the weak point and are definitely more of a non name bunch but they are not as bad as some might think:

Forward: Benson, Yamamotto, Marody, McLeod, Lavoie, Maksimov, Safin (If he is healthy), Hebig, Vesey

Benson and Marody were both serious candidates for the AHL rookie of the year. Yamamotto has been fine well healthy. All of the forwards through to Maksimov have a decent chance of NHL careers.
You are really clutching at straws here bud.

You seem to think that every dman in your pool who shows a little offensive upside is a nailed on NHL dman.

The Oilers defensive pool is not anywhere near the level of NYR or Avs. Even the forwards are pretty average in comparison to the rest of the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad