HF Ranking Prospect Pools #1

Best Prospect Pool.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Carolina has graduated a few of its top prospects (Svechnikov, Wallmark, Foegele), but still has Necas and Bean.

However, what is most intriguing is that there are actually 5 solid looking goalie prospects. The two listed plus Booth, Helvig, and Makiniemi.

Booth was excellent in 17-18 in the ECHL and solid as AHL backup last season. Helvig was the best rookie goalie in the ECHL last season. Makiniemi was the standout at the recent prospect scrimmage, where he looked better than Kochetkov. In fact, as best I could tell from the online coverage of the camp Makiniemi was the only goalie not to give up a goal in the scrimmage and shootout.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
You do realize that the bold are completely irrelevant? I mean, should I go back and add a NYR promoted section and include Kreider, Miller, Skjei, Buchnevich? No. Because it is irrelevant :laugh:

Our #2 forward prospect is better than any other forward prospect that Colorado has.
Makar is better than any of our defensive prospects. K'Andre Miller and Fox are all better than the remaining Colorado defensive prospects.
Sheshty is a better goaltending prospect.

Offensive - Rangers > Colorado
Defense - Colorado > Rangers ( I think were deeper but Makar is that good)
Goaltending - Rangers > Colorado

The Rangers have a significantly better Top 10.
Byram is better than Fox and Miller though. So our top 2 D are better than any defensive prospects you have. I also would put Timmins in with K'Andre and Fox if he wasn't an injury concern. His injury issues are serious though so he gets knocked down a tier or two.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
You do realize that the bold are completely irrelevant? I mean, should I go back and add a NYR promoted section and include Kreider, Miller, Skjei, Buchnevich? No. Because it is irrelevant :laugh:

Our #2 forward prospect is better than any other forward prospect that Colorado has.
Makar is better than any of our defensive prospects. K'Andre Miller and Fox are all better than the remaining Colorado defensive prospects.

I personally would put the Rangers ahead of Colorado based on the quality depth, but you believe that Miller and Fox are better D prospects than Byram?

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011

Uhhh Byram???

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
If these polls were accurate, there would not be so much of a variance from year to year. Generally the teams that drafted high move up in these, with fans' infatuation with the shiny new toy. If you want to get a picture of which team will have the best pool, use OP's criteria of 40 games, and vote on which team after 40 games will have the best pool. Including players everyone knows will be playing in the NHL is more suited to a best under 23 or 25 poll rather than a prospects poll. I voted NYR here, and probably will pick Colorado at #2 even though both will have multiple players disappearing from their respective lists after 40 games.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
The most absurd thing is that we were probably the worst prospect pool just 3 years ago and two of our better prospects/young players graduated in Chytil and Andersson. So the vast majority of these guys were picked up in the last 2 drafts and trade.

The habs are kinda in the same boat, our prospect pool was also one of the worse 2 or 3 years ago, complete 180

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City

It's only irrelevant in rhetorics, not in practice.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Best Overall:
1. PHI
2. MTL
3. COL
4. NJD
5. CHI
6. NYI
7. EDM
8. CAR
9. OTT
10. NYR

Compared to others, I probably overweight depth more. Teams like PHI, MTL and COL have deeper pools...teams like NJD and NYR have better high-end guys.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
NYR and Colorado are the top 2 by a clear margin.

Then the likes of LA, Philly, Carolina etc.

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

You think Miller and Fox are both better than Byram?

Good grief talk about ridiculous.

Mildan

Jan 7, 2019
Best Overall:
1. PHI
2. MTL
3. COL
4. NJD
5. CHI
6. NYI
7. EDM
8. CAR
9. OTT
10. NYR

Compared to others, I probably overweight depth more. Teams like PHI, MTL and COL have deeper pools...teams like NJD and NYR have better high-end guys.
Oh boy... I don't even know what to say. So Edmonton has a better prospect pool than NYR. Oh boy..

Reactions: pblawr

Rsswmu

May 20, 2014
Best Overall:
1. PHI
2. MTL
3. COL
4. NJD
5. CHI
6. NYI
7. EDM
8. CAR
9. OTT
10. NYR

The Rangers have one of the deeper pools not sure why they would be low if you value depth.
Shows a real lack of knowledge of their pool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad