OT: HF Pens OT Zone: It's cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Biscuits and gravy are apparently huge in southern, rural West Virginia. Rural was probably redundant. I know too much about this culture thanks to oil and gas. :laugh:

Not to get into politics but this chick I met via Tinder expected me to lean one way while I totally leaned the other. That was a good time subverting her expectations.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Biscuits and gravy are apparently huge in southern, rural West Virginia. Rural was probably redundant. I know too much about this culture thanks to oil and gas. :laugh:

Not to get into politics but this chick I met via Tinder expected me to lean one way while I totally leaned the other. That was a good time subverting her expectations.

Biscuits and gravy are a great way to feed a lot of folks without spending a lot of money. Which is probably why it's not only a farm staple but also solidly embedded in less affluent geographic regions.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Buttermilk* biscuits.

And gravy is delicious.

Just last week I went out to a diner for chicken and waffles.

And I live in California.

You get the salt of the fried chicken mixed with the sweet from the syrup...And the waffle is just filler lol lol in a way

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Buttermilk* biscuits.

And gravy is delicious.

Just last week I went out to a diner for chicken and waffles.

And I live in California.

You get the salt of the fried chicken mixed with the sweet from the syrup...And the waffle is just filler lol lol in a way
I grew up with this weird Eastern European and Southern/Appalachian cuisine mash-up. It was a revelation to find out food didn't have to be boiled or deep fried :laugh: So this conversation is covering a lot of comfort food. How do you feel about potato pancakes and blini?

Reactions: Ogrezilla

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Fan of potato pancakes for sure...central European grandparents would make.

Blini are fine. I'm not really a big fan of pancakes/crepes.

I do like our version of thin German pancakes that take up an entire plate. But I mean, we slather them in butter and sugar, so, yeah.

Reactions: DegenX

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Saw Aquaman.

So this is what a good DC movie looks like when WB f***s off and let's their f***ing directors actually make a movie and not interfere all over the place...it made me emotional that a DC movie was made so damn well and my childhood faves didn't suck thanks to studio meddling.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Since we were talking food...

...And "music"...

Here:

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
nonono.gif

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Biscuits and gravy are a great way to feed a lot of folks without spending a lot of money. Which is probably why it's not only a farm staple but also solidly embedded in less affluent geographic regions.
The equivalent in the UK would be the chippy. Cheap and you can feed an army.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

I miss fish and chip shops from back home. They don’t get the batter right here in Canada not even close also no flake. Most places give you the option of chicken salt on the chips.

Also the fact that I can’t get a dim sim here troubles me. I contacted Marathon foods about how to get them here. They basically said I’d need to order a container for it to be worth their while. Maybe I could start a go fund me campaign? Wouldn’t be the stupidest one I’ve seen :laugh:

First stop after Mum picks me up from the airport is to go a get steamed dim sims (before we get back to the house)

Reactions: Peat and EightyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->