HF Organizational Rankings/ Prospect Grades

BestWestern

May 23, 2011
Any idea when these will be updated to include prospects from the 2011 Draft?
I.e Ryan Nugent Hopkins 8.5 C
Interested to see what HF thinks of the potential for some of the oilers' picks :)

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
Florida has to be #1 with this draft, plus Schenn leaving LA

With a top 10 of...

Huberdeau
Markstrom
Gudbranson
Bjugstad
Howden
Grimaldi
Shore
Petrovic
Bengtsson
McFarland

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
One has to think that the Rangers, who traded away their 4th best prospect for a 3rd rounder just might have been over rated..... just maybe.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Depends on how high people are on Gudbranson I suppose. Oilers restocked the cupboard, as did Ottawa, Colorado, etc. I don't think that it's a slam dunk that Florida is #1. That said LA losing Schenn means that they should probably drop out of the top 5. Ottawa would probably be #1 IMO, they added some solid forwards to round out their prospect depth.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Edmonton:
RNH
Klefbom
Petry
Marincin
Pitlick
Hamilton
Musil
Lander
Hartikainen
Teubert
Perhonen/Bunz

Last edited:

ChrisKreider20

But y u mad?
Jul 21, 2004
Toronto
One has to think that the Rangers, who traded away their 4th best prospect for a 3rd rounder just might have been over rated..... just maybe.

or maybe that one prospect was overrated...

Grachev showed nothing in his two years in the AHL. A lot of Rangers fans thought he was on a path to bust-ville.

NY has some very good prospects, and their list order wise is a bit strange. For some reason that is beyond me, Erixon is listed 7th. Zuccarello who was listen under Grachev at 4th scored at .5 PPG in his first NHL season, while Grachev scored at less than a .5 PPG pace in the AHL. At the end of the day, no matter how deep a teams prospect pool is some will not make the show. Also, I'd argue that some other guys are lower than they should be - these include Oscar Lindberg, Jesper Fasth, McIlrath, and Yogan.

Personally for the Guys that the Rangers drafted (at least the major ones)...
JT Miller - 7.0B
Michael St. Croix - 8.0D
Steve Fogarty - 7.0D
Shane McColgan - 7.0C

They drafted three very risky forwards.

Last edited:

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

With a top 10 of...

Huberdeau
Markstrom
Gudbranson
Bjugstad
Howden
Grimaldi
Shore
Petrovic
Bengtsson
McFarland

Holy ****, all but the bottom three ate better than very single Sharks prospect. Holy hell.

SupersonicMonkey*

Grachev demanded to be traded.

Players that demand trades, and can use the KHL threat, are not returning anything substantial.

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City

Still have a better D now and in the future than Ottawa, so the penis envy, while adorable, is futile on your end.

Grachev's failure was the most well guarded "secret" on HF. We Rangers fans did a good job holding him in high esteem while he floundered in the AHL.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Still have a better D now and in the future than Ottawa, so the penis envy, while adorable, is futile on your end.

Grachev's failure was the most well guarded "secret" on HF. We Rangers fans did a good job holding him in high esteem while he floundered in the AHL.

You seem confident about that, probably a bit more than you should. Sure right now but Karlsson is 21, Rundblad, Cowen and Wiercioch are 20. These guy feet aren't even wet yet and they have just as much potential as the Ranger group if not more.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Kind of like how Kreider is still reguarded as a potential top line sniper despite being wildly mediocre in college?

PablitoArg

Dec 27, 2009
Ottawa

The fact that you're comparing yourself to Ottawa is pleasing to my eyes. Although I do suggest you take a second look at our Depth chart on D... Then, slowly think of a way to take back your comment.

Karlsson, Cowen, Rundblad, Wierciock, Gybra ...etc

You guys signed Redden, enough said !!

supeez

Jun 1, 2006
I would think Panthers, Islanders and the Oilers should all be top 10 and maybe even top 5. If any of those teams could get some quality vets to go with the kiddies.....look out!!!

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
Gabriel Landeskog- 8.0B
Duncan Siemens-7.5C

Avs Top 10

Gabriel Landeskog
Stefan Elliott
Joey Hishon
Duncan Siemens
Tyson Barrie
Calvin Pickard
Cameron Gaunce
Mark Olver
Joel Chouinard
Kent Patterson

Afro Thunder*

Not enough Sens Love.

Zibby- 8.0D
Neosen- 7.0B
Puempel- 7.5B
Prince- 7.0D
Filatov- 8.5B

1. D - David Rundblad
2. D - Jared Cowen
3. G - Robin Lehner
4. C - Mika Zibanejad
5. LW - Nikita Filatov
6. RW - Jakob Silfverberg
7. RW - Bobby Butler
8. LW - Matt Puempel
9. RW - Stefan Noesen
10. D - Patrick Wiercioch

Honorable mentions: Stephan Da Costa, Shane Prince, Andre Petersson, Mark Stone.

CoolburnIsGone

This is what I posted on the Panthers board as a guess to what they'd be rated for Florida's draft picks:

(3) Huberdeau - 8.5C
(33) Grimaldi - 8.0D
(59) Bengtsson - 7.0C
(64) Trocheck - 6.5C
(76) Shaw - 6.0C
(87) Racine - 6.5D
(91) Rau - 6.5D
(124) Kosov - 5.5C
(154) Wittchow - 5.5D
(184) Pakarinen - 5.0D

Ad

Upcoming events