HF Official Devils '17-18 Ticket/All Things Pru Center Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
My first game of this season; usually go to a handful per season at Prudential since moving to DC. Responses in red above.

Went to my first Devils game last night. I live 2 hours door to door from the rink so its tough to get to games unless its a weekend. Just some observations.

1. I thought doors opened at 6, but they didn't open up till 6:30. Are the Devils losing money from concession sales by not opening the doors an hour and half before game time? Or are they saving money in salaries for their workers? I am trying to remember what the gate opening time was at the old Continental Airlines arena when the games started at 7:30 back in the day. I don't think it was only an hour.

They switched this year to the 1 hour opening. Most arenas were already on the 1 hour schedule; I think we were one of the last to convert. This was the first time I ever had to wait 10+ minutes to enter for a regular season game. And that includes Marty night. I'm sure they had their operations/finance teams crunch the numbers. My complete guess is they were profitable in that extra half hour, but not enough to make it worth their while. Plus it helps local businesses and to a lesser extent the parking in the area MAYBE (since they don't have to open lots as early). Also, police presence can start a bit later

2. Dam music is way too loud. It makes it difficult to even talk to the person seated next to you. I guess thats the atmosphere the Devils want.

Personally fine with this

3. Seemed like a very young crowd in my opinion. A lot of couples in their twenties which I suppose is good long-term for ticket sales.

Lots of people home for the holidays. Also, families are less likely to make it out the day following a major holiday. Yea, the kids may have off, but parents are usually beat. Plus it was one of the few 7:30 starts

4. I think the intro video could be better. They have had some better ones in past years.

I think they were better in the past because we had more "recent" important moments. Gets tougher and tougher to make "hype" videos when the team hasn't seriously competed in a few years. The ones at the CAA used to get me pumped.

5. Do you guys like that ya-hoo chant after every goal. Don't the Islanders do that?

No. I complained about it when I heard it on TV and didn't participate in it last night. I was surprised the "Hey, you suck" chant wasn't too loud last night following goals. I'm fine with people that don't like it, but I'm a Rock and Roll Pt 2 pusher until the end.

You make some excellent points. Interesting thoughts on the delayed entrance. Yeah, it was probably 6:40 before I got inside the arena after waiting on a long line after the doors opened at 6:30.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Maybe slightly OT but I bought some Devils tickets for some December games on ticketmaster (the ridiculous fees have already been discussed :cry:). Anyway I understand the print-out option isn't available but other than the mobile option is there any other way of getting these tickets? TM says they cannot mail tickets. I guess will call is the best bet?

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Maybe slightly OT but I bought some Devils tickets for some December games on ticketmaster (the ridiculous fees have already been discussed :cry:). Anyway I understand the print-out option isn't available but other than the mobile option is there any other way of getting these tickets? TM says they cannot mail tickets. I guess will call is the best bet?

I believe the box office is capable of printing them out for you. I would call to confirm.

NJRockinRoller

May 14, 2014
5 Lowers for San Jose 2/12 - Hall Bobble Head Day

Have 5 Lowers together for San Jose game on Feb 12 that I just found out I can't use... This is Taylor Hall Bobble Head day. I'm upset I cant go to the game and now have to try and recoup what I paid for tickets.

If interested please PM. Not looking to make profit just get back what I paid and avoid fees. Thanks.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
FYI, Stubhub has good pricing for Goal Bar tickets for Tuesday's game vs Vanc.

Go take a look or keep monitoring the next few days to see if overall prices drop.

Should def be a game where great deals can be found.

Nick Pappagiorgio

May 22, 2008
FYI, Stubhub has good pricing for Goal Bar tickets for Tuesday's game vs Vanc.

Go take a look or keep monitoring the next few days to see if overall prices drop.

Should def be a game where great deals can be found.
I noticed this too and bought goal bar tickets a few days ago for the Tuesday game for under $50.

I've never sat in that section before but I've heard they're pretty good seats.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I noticed this too and bought goal bar tickets a few days ago for the Tuesday game for under $50.

I've never sat in that section before but I've heard they're pretty good seats.

Yes, Goal Bar seats are a great place to watch the game.

They are under $35 right now on Stubhub, for those interested in Tuesday's game.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
the tickets for Tuesday's game against Vancouver are outrageously low all over the arena

They were literally giving away tickets this morning. I received an e-mail for two free tickets to Tuesdays game. Picked up lower bowl section 6 in the attack twice end. I'm guessing 10,000 fannies in the seats tops that night.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
the tickets for Tuesday's game against Vancouver are outrageously low all over the arena

Which was not a surprise when the schedule came out.

It's the kid of night they should have included a giveaway like a magnetic schedule or cap.

Tuesday night vs Vanc, couple that with how poorly the team has played over the last few weeks, fans will be rattling between the hordes of empty seats (shout out to long time Devils hater Bob Page).

Though with Hall back I would assume there will be less no-shows than if he was still out.

Cost-conscious fans can certainly take advantage of a game like this to go see their team play live without breaking the bank.

Back to my original post, I recommend the Goal Bar seats, especially when they are only around $30 for Tuesday's contest.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Just an update that if you're interested in low prices for a Devils game, tomorrow night is the night, check Stubhub.

https://www.stubhub.com/new-jersey-...false&qtyddab=false&dUpg=false&sort=price+asc

Stuff that catches my eye as exceptional value:

* $34 for Section 20, lower level comfy black seats with Devils logo (does not include free food though)
* $31 for the Goal Bar Section 24, or Goal Bar in general which are great seats.
* $29 center mezz Section 129 (prob the best view of the ice in the arena)
* $15.95 for Section 106, Devils attack twice side

Happy Shopping

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
definitely will be pulling the trigger on a ticket for tomorrow night

I snagged 2 in the goal bar for the Nova/ND game on Saturday for ~$70 each this morning

Also, our 2 free tickets for downloading the app are for this Friday's game against St. Louis. Gonna be at the Rock a lot this week.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
definitely will be pulling the trigger on a ticket for tomorrow night

I snagged 2 in the goal bar for the Nova/ND game on Saturday for ~$70 each this morning

Also, our 2 free tickets for downloading the app are for this Friday's game against St. Louis. Gonna be at the Rock a lot this week.

Bring a couple unwrapped toys ($10 each) for free tickets to an upcoming game. Although given the prices lately, one might be able to buy tickets for $10.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
850 tickets left on Stubhub for tonight's game, down from 1,041 yesterday at 4pm.

*Goal Bar seats down to $25/$26 (padded seats, suite level, private cash bar, no bathroom lines)

*Lowest priced seats are $14-$15 range in the defend twice balcony (though it's Devils attack twice if the game goes to OT)

*Lower Level defend twice side $26, same with center ice mezz (great view)

* 2 all you can eat restaurant ledge seats available for $105 each (take a client)

***EDIT at 1:11pm, 729 tickets remain on Stubhub, Goal Bar down to $23.

Last edited:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Flash sale this weekend, Devils tickets

25% off Devils tickets on Ticketmaster this weekend.
It's valid now.

Offer Code: 25GIFT

b10

Jan 26, 2012
Flyers fan coming in peace. Anybody looking to sell a pair of tickets for Thursday nights game at a reasonable price? If not, any help on getting the best deal on tickets? Stubhub my best bet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->