HF Official Devils '17-18 Ticket/All Things Pru Center Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
If you sell directly on TicketExchange from your Account Manager, the legalese dictates that you may sell "no more than 50% of the tickets on the account."

Is there anything from stopping someone from selling 25, 35, 42 games on Stubhub with the mobile option? Stubhub now allows you to sell without naming the seat numbers to "protect" sellers, so I dont see how people could get caught.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Is there anything from stopping someone from selling 25, 35, 42 games on Stubhub with the mobile option? Stubhub now allows you to sell without naming the seat numbers to "protect" sellers, so I dont see how people could get caught.

You bring up a very valid point, though, I honestly don’t know.

A very simple, low-level example is that I’ve personally transferred tickets to friends and then just had them Venmo me or whatever; you could theoretically do that 41 times and no one would know. There’s all kinds of ways to game the system and move tickets, I’m sure. I have never tried selling on StubHub and was able to move like ten games on TicketExchange.

Last edited:
Reactions: BenedictGomez

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012

Devils buying the tickets off Stubhub when it's cheap weeknight games vs western conference teams to "get you". They probably figure it's worth the $12-$15 to catch you.

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
A very simple, low-level example is that I’ve personally transferred tickets to friends and then just had them Venmo me or whatever; you could theoretically do that 41 times and no one would know.

But because of the mobile only option now, the Devils know exactly who you've transferred to. So they might keep track if you've sent to 2, 5, or 40 different individuals, use that information against you.

This also creates more marketing opportunities for them, I bet they email everyone who gets a ticket transferred to them.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
But because of the mobile only option now, the Devils know exactly who you've transferred to. So they might keep track if you've sent to 2, 5, or 40 different individuals, use that information against you.

This also creates more marketing opportunities for them, I bet they email everyone who gets a ticket transferred to them.

By the same token you could still get hard tickets with your membership card, and then just sell those to your friends.

(Although I'm sure the person at the ticket window would look at you funny if you asked for like ten of your games printed out. Not even sure they allow you to get future games printed.)

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

Good point, but does anyone know if someone has challenged this policy in court?

I said at the time this first occurred, I dont think their policy would hold up if the Devils were sued, but I'm not aware if anyone has sued them.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Devils buying the tickets off Stubhub when it's cheap weeknight games vs western conference teams to "get you". They probably figure it's worth the $12-$15 to catch you.

Yeah... There's no way they piss away money to do this just to cancel someone's season tickets and piss more money away. They aren't chasing season ticket holders away anymore because the guy who came up with this stupid idea isn't working with the team anymore and hasn't for years.

I haven't heard of anyone having their tickets canceled by the team since he left.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Good point, but does anyone know if someone has challenged this policy in court?

I said at the time this first occurred, I dont think their policy would hold up if the Devils were sued, but I'm not aware if anyone has sued them.

Totally forgot about this but they were sued at one point and reached a settlement....

NJ Devils Settle Resale Suit With Ticket Holders - Law360

I was one of the ones who had my tickets "canceled" after the 12-13 lockout season and I lost my shit on them over the phone because they didn't even call me and just sent a stupid letter. In all my previous season and the current seasons since then I maybe miss 3-5 games a season but the lockout year I had to sell almost all of the games because of where I was working that year and didn't have the ability to change my work schedule because the damn lockout shortened schedule came out in like January or February that year. I sure as f*** didn't get rich selling Devils season tickets either. I was lucky to even break even for most games.

They didn't give me any issues once I called and explained all that but the whole situation pissed me off cause they didn't have the decency to call me and this was before any bullshit line about limiting how many games you can sell.

This whole can't sell your seats shit is all bullshit to me. People have shit come up, some have kids, death in their families, lose their jobs, etc etc etc and might even want to keep their exact seats even if they can't make it to most games one season.

This team was delusional for awhile pretending that we had this imaginary waiting list of season ticket holders but I haven't had any issues since and unlike some others I have no need nor desire to talk to my rep all the time. All I want is to be given my tickets and be left alone lol

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Saw someone yesterday with a tray of 3 tacos and they looked decent Anyone know what concession stand they are sold at?? :allears:

In terms of resales, I sold 18 games this season on ticketmaster and actually made out well. Did not lose money. I think I ended up getting a surplus of $120. I think slightly more people are buying resales on TM these days since stubhubs processing fees are now as ridiculous as ticketmasters, or close to it.

Edit: But seriously, where dem tacos at?

Last edited:

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
By the same token you could still get hard tickets with your membership card, and then just sell those to your friends.

(Although I'm sure the person at the ticket window would look at you funny if you asked for like ten of your games printed out. Not even sure they allow you to get future games printed.)

My rep didn't bat an eye when I requested all of my playoff tickets printed. They even paid to have UPS deliver them instead of making me go to the box office.

Plus, all STH with 3+ years of tenure for the coming season are automatically receiving paper tickets. I would love to know what sparked this decision after them being so anti-paper tickets the past 2 years.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
My rep didn't bat an eye when I requested all of my playoff tickets printed. They even paid to have UPS deliver them instead of making me go to the box office.

Plus, all STH with 3+ years of tenure for the coming season are automatically receiving paper tickets. I would love to know what sparked this decision after them being so anti-paper tickets the past 2 years.

It sucks that they stopped doing designed paper tickets, especially for the playoffs. The tickets for the playoffs in the old arena were awesome. The Giants still do paper tickets, and a lot of theme/designs are great. I'm not sure why the Devils moved away from it wholesale. It's also much easier/better to give clients or friends paper tickets rather than going through the hassle of trying to transfer it to them, explain to them how to get the tickets, etc.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
It sucks that they stopped doing designed paper tickets, especially for the playoffs. The tickets for the playoffs in the old arena were awesome. The Giants still do paper tickets, and a lot of theme/designs are great. I'm not sure why the Devils moved away from it wholesale. It's also much easier/better to give clients or friends paper tickets rather than going through the hassle of trying to transfer it to them, explain to them how to get the tickets, etc.
$$$

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Ticketmaster is forcing teams to move away from paper tickets. Some are adapting quickly and some are dragging their feet. A big part of the new Ticketmaster deal with the NFL is to force all the teams to go mobile who use their platform. Just look at the Taylor Swift tour this summer nothing but mobile tickets. At Ticketmaster Summit last June they had a big presentation how they wanted to get rid of barcodes permanently with 100% mobile ticketing being the goal.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'd really like to go tonight, but the ticket prices are just too high right now. $162 for 200 level?

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
We're getting into Rangers territory for tickets tonight. $218 (with fees) is the cheapest on Stubhub right now.

D3vilsH0ck3y

Jun 10, 2013
Another joke of a resale. This needs to be corrected. These brokers are pricing out true fans, what a joke

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
It has a lot to do with us not being in the playoffs in 6 years also. The demand is there large in part because of that along with the excitement this team has brought from exceeding every expectation the book had them written for. It also has to be taken into account how the younger portion of our already younger fan base has aged in those 6 years as well making for more fans having that disposable income so tickets are being bought up with even more ease.

Couple those things together and there is going to be more demand and those higher ticket prices will sell.

Reactions: New Jersey

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
$200 for a first round playoff game is madness.

Another joke of a resale. This needs to be corrected. These brokers are pricing out true fans, what a joke
It looks like a lot of singles and 1-4 seat blocks, which suggests that it's not brokers but probably playoff strip holders looking to offset their costs. People and STH have done this with expensive games since the dawn of time.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Frankly I think the high prices are great. If you're a STH who complains when you take a loss on midweek games during the season, you should be selling this game. Though typically these folks want to have their cake and eat it too, so they go to all of the hot ticket games where they could actually make money and try to sell all of the lesser games no one else wants to go to either :eyeroll:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Unless you have financial troubles you shouldn't be selling any playoff games if you're a season ticket holder.... But if you're having financial troubles you shouldn't be a Devils season ticket holder to begin with lol

Reactions: Colin226

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Unless you have financial troubles you shouldn't be selling any playoff games if you're a season ticket holder.... But if you're having financial troubles you shouldn't be a Devils season ticket holder to begin with lol

Yeah and that's sort of my point too. No true fan should sell a playoff game, but if you're someone who gets upset over losing a few bucks to some midweek games, you can't really complain if you're not willing to sell when you could easily get a big return for your seats. And really, anyone signing up for Devils season tickets who thinks they won't lose money on resales for midweek games is an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad