HF Official Devils '17-18 Ticket/All Things Pru Center Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Are you referring to the $50 box office tickets that are $75 with fees?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but it seems like you're saying brokers are pricing people out when they're actually offering cheaper tickets than the box office.

It's simply not true though.

I walk up to the box office right now and hand them $50.

You pay $70 online at stubhub.

Also, look at the other sections aside from the 200 level. Are you seeing lower level and mezzanine seats cheaper on SH than the box office?

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
It's simply not true though.

I walk up to the box office right now and hand them $50.

You pay $70 online at stubhub.

Also, look at the other sections aside from the 200 level. Are you seeing lower level and mezzanine seats cheaper on SH than the box office?

How is it not true? I'm looking at cheapest way in the door.

After fees, the cheapest game 4 ticket on TicketMaster is $74.
After fees, the cheapest game 4 ticket on Stubhub is $62.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

And they're center UL too for $68, not the corner bleeders. I'm thinking about pulling the trigge on this.

Then again, I'm going as a single and you can often find ridiculous steals when you attend alone so perhaps I'll wait. But $62 for Game 4 UL seems pretty solid I think.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
And they're center UL too for $68, not the corner bleeders. I'm thinking about pulling the trigge on this.

Then again, I'm going as a single and you can often find ridiculous steals when you attend alone so perhaps I'll wait. But $62 for Game 4 UL seems pretty solid I think.
Game 4 is a buyer's game for sure. It dropped from about $74 to $62 in just a few hours.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
How is it not true? I'm looking at cheapest way in the door.

After fees, the cheapest game 4 ticket on TicketMaster is $74.

I believe DD is saying that it's cheaper if you were to walk into the box office and buy directly from the team. You don't pay the TM fees when you buy them in-person at the box office.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Oh. That may be so, but who actually does that?

I've done it lots of times.
Though granted it's not practical for those who are far from The Rock or like to get tix in advance and not day of game.

I just want to see a legit full house come next Monday.

Our rival fanbases want to see empty seats at our home games. They revel in that.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Though granted it's not practical for those who are far from The Rock or like to get tix in advance and not day of game.

Our rival fanbases want to see empty seats at our home games. They revel in that.

Personally I've never cared what these other fan bases say, the islanders don't draw worth a shit and the Rangers are filled with tourists and corporate suits. They can all go f*** themselves.

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield

Both games will be announced as sellouts. Game 3 will definitely be a great crowd and an absolute madhouse if it’s 1-1 or better.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Fans can avoid Ticketmaster fees on tickets purchased at the box office.

If you attend tomorrow's Open Practice you can get the tix afterwards .

Reactions: sabremike

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007
Someone mentioned they were giving out discount coupons for playoff tickets as they were leaving on Thursday. Anybody get one of those? I never saw them.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Anyone envision ticket prices dropping at any point? :cry: :laugh:

I'll be going to Game 3 no matter what but had to wait until now based on my schedule and others involved. Of course, I missed the boat on when they were cheaper.

TheSituation

Dec 26, 2007
New York City
Some one has some pretty cheap suite tix available??
EDIT: Pulled the trigger. This is my first playoff game so $140 for suite tickets is a no brainer. LGD!!

Last edited:
Reactions: mtnet

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

I'll be going to Game 3 no matter what but had to wait until now based on my schedule and others involved. Of course, I missed the boat on when they were cheaper.

I mean there's always the nuclear scenario of being down 0-2 and prices dropping then. But obviously we don't want that. Otherwise I would either not wait too much longer or try to snipe day-of-game sales, cause the prices will only get up if we get at least one game in Tampa.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
For those keeping score at home:

Game 3: $110
Game 4: $92

I would imagine there would be tickets made available at the open practice today.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

I do. I don't believe $110 is a sustainable price for an early Round 1 game given there seems to be decent availability on Stubhub. Also, as was mentioned, if the Lightning hold serve in Tampa, price will definitely drop.

The other wildcard is will the Devils offer any "deals" next week given there's still a ton of unsold tickets.

Take a look at the TM map for Game 4 and it's pretty striking the unsold inventory, and that doesn't include the few hundred seats the Devils are likely holding per game. I imagine buying will accelerate once the series starts because: A) People procrastinate B) People will get excited, but my guess is you'll have an opportunity to buy seats lower than this.

EDIT: Dont ignore Craigslist either. Strip buyers commonly arent folks going to every game and some buy them primarily as ECF & SCF "insurance". Those folks sometimes just want to break even or make a tiny profit on Round 1.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Unfortunately I absolutely would have gone to Game 4 given the prices but have class and can't make it happen.

I caved for this game, it really only started to get more expensive due to 2 others joining my wife and I. What an inconvenience friends are :laugh:

Reactions: EdisonDevil

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Unfortunately I absolutely would have gone to Game 4 given the prices but have class and can't make it happen.

I caved for this game, it really only started to get more expensive due to 2 others joining my wife and I. What an inconvenience friends are :laugh:
I remember back in... 92 I think it was... I had a final at 6pm the same night as a playoff game. I rushed thru it and got to the game and got there by the middle of the 1st, and still aced it :) I *THINK* it was the game where Laurie Boschman's goal was called back because the refs incorrectly said the goal went in off his skate.

Reactions: MadDog172430

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I remember back in... 92 I think it was... I had a final at 6pm the same night as a playoff game. I rushed thru it and got to the game and got there by the middle of the 1st, and still aced it :) I *THINK* it was the game where Laurie Boschman's goal was called back because the refs incorrectly said the goal went in off his skate.

In looking ahead if it gets there, that would likely be me for Game 7. :laugh: I'll be taking my last final of the semester that night. Of course I won't have to drive to the arena, but definitely the nearest bar!

I've resigned to knowing that I can only afford to get to 1 playoff game this year (obviously hoping there will be more!), so I wanted to go to the first one anyway. Looking forward to an awesome time no matter the case!

Reactions: Nubmer6

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
i know it isn't hockey and we are in the middle of playoff chat about tickets and prices but still interesting

Could Baltimore Orioles' $0 tickets be the antidote for baseball's attendance woes?

said it before in this thread that this is where sports will be heading bank it! kids in for free is the first step but eventually they will realize they still make a ton on concession and parking and merch and gone will be the price of admission that we see today

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Anyone else have a package arriving tomorrow from the Devils via UPS? I just got the notification. I'm thinking these are my playoff tickets since I had requested paper tickets. UPS is saying the package weighs 1 pound so I can't think of what else it could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad