HF-NYR Fantasy Keeper League - NOW RECRUITING AGENTS AND WAITING LIST!

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Ok, so we draft the team soon and it doesnt start before the season start? The players get points for scoring, hits, blocked shots etc? Do we get to know how the points are calculated prior to the draft?

Correct, we will follow the NHL season. I still have to create the Fantrax league and take a look at their point system but I will release it before we start drafting.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
As a reminder I have about half of you added to the GroupMe chat. I think it would be useful to get everyone in there so we can speed up the draft.

I will be working on putting together the draft board and Fantrax today.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Fantasy Draft Order

1. Tampa Bay Lightning
2. Arizona Coyotes
3. Dallas Stars
4. Washington Capitals
5. Vegas Golden Knights
6. Edmonton Oilers
7. Detroit Red Wings
8. Calgary Flames
9. Montreal Canadiens
10. Philadelphia Flyers
11. Vancouver Canucks
12. Ottawa Senators
13. New York Rangers
14. Winnipeg Jets
15. Los Angeles Kings
16 Toronto Maple Leafs
17. Nashville Predators
18. Pittsburgh Penguins

IMG_8894.jpg

Buns.... :help:

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Fantasy Draft thread and Roster threads are both up.

I recommend you copy my roster template, if you can.

I will be working on Fantrax next.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
I replied in the GroupMe chat that I had concerns about the PIM weighting. 1 minor penalty will always return 1 point which may be excessive. 3 minor penalties would be the equivalent of 1 goal, 2 minor penalties = 1 assist.

Thoughts?

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Any estimate on when the drafting will begin? This week? Closer to the start of the season? Sorry if I missed it being said already.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
I'm aiming to start it within the next couple of days. Just trying to get a couple more edges squared away.

Awesome, thanks!

Also a clarification for league members:

Any free agents in the 2017 offseason will not be eligible to be drafted and will all be part of the free agency period. For example, even though Kevin Shattenkirk signed with the Rangers last week, he will still be considered an UFA in this league and won't be eligible to be drafted.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Awesome, thanks!

Also a clarification for league members:

Any free agents in the 2017 offseason will not be eligible to be drafted and will all be part of the free agency period. For example, even though Kevin Shattenkirk signed with the Rangers last week, he will still be considered an UFA in this league and won't be eligible to be drafted.

Without realizing you did is here I also added language to the OP in the fantasy draft thread so thank you CR!

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
awesome, thanks!

also a clarification for league members:

Any free agents in the 2017 offseason will not be eligible to be drafted and will all be part of the free agency period. For example, even though kevin shattenkirk signed with the rangers last week, he will still be considered an ufa in this league and won't be eligible to be drafted.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

My insider source "janet" says differently. Shattenkrak clearly wants to come to Atlantapeg. The Atlantapeg team will also be making a strong push for all other FA's.

Rumor has it they will be shopping Enstrom and Ehlers. Their GM refuses to have players on the team whose names start with E.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
My insider source "janet" says differently. Shattenkrak clearly wants to come to Atlantapeg. The Atlantapeg team will also be making a strong push for all other FA's.

Rumor has it they will be shopping Enstrom and Ehlers. Their GM refuses to have players on the team whose names start with E.

How did you start acquiring players already? :sarcasm:

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
I feel like goalies saves are a little overpowered. If a goalie has a game where they give up 4 goals on 20 shots and lose, they'll still be a 0 for the game. If they give up 4 goals on 30 shots and lose, they'll get as many points as a forward who had an assist.

Basically, it's better to get peppered with shots than to actually be a good goalie. A goal against only takes away as much as 4 saves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad