HF new top 50 prospects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
I would put Tyutin and Lundqvist on the list without a second thought. Montoya maybe. I'm really not sure there. He has tremendous upside, but he's far from the NHL, and has had a pretty meager start to the season so I hear.

I'd have Tyutin very, very high up there though.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
417 TO MTL said:
is it a stretch to say that...

Andrei Kostitsyn
Alexander Perezhogin
Tomas Plekanec
Chris Higgins
Ron Hainsey
Marcel Hossa

Could all be included in the top 50? this isin't a homer post, I definately think the 1st 4 players deserved to be ranked somewhere in the top 50, as for Hainsey and Hossa, they're on the fringe of graduating, and their progress has somewhat stalled, although both are enjoying very good starts in their respectives leagues right now, I believe Hossa is the goal scoring leader in the Sweedish elite league and Hainsey is the leader of the Hamilton Bulldogs defence right now and according to reports has stepped his play this young season...

Add to that Kyle Chipchura and Yann Danis who may not be considered top 50 but at least top 100, as a Habs fan, you can't help but be excited, the future "potentially" looks great!
I'd say Kostitsyn and Higgins are locks with Perezoghin being a pretty good bet, but I'd be surprised if any of the other three made it.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Next Best Thing said:
Do you have a problem with our writer? If there is anyone on this board that I respect it would be him, and in my case that's something. After all, look at all the jokers like yourself.

No i dont have a problem with your writer, i dont even know who he is.

I do find Chris Higgins as an 8A a bit of a joke if you follow hf guidelines though.
He is no #1 center.

Next Best Thing*

Dallas Flames Fan said:
No i dont have a problem with your writer, i dont even know who he is.

I do find Chris Higgins as an 8A a bit of a joke if you follow hf guidelines though.
He is no #1 center.

Guidlines, there you have it...

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
I'd say Perezhogin and Higgins are 'locks', whereas I wouldn't have Kastsitsyn on my top 50 list.

But that's only little 'ol me. I think you'll see all three on the list though.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Jessiman doesnt really have a chance does he? I think hes going to surprise people either way. By watching baseball David Wright has shown me you dont need the best skills you need the best worth ethic to improve what you got. I think Jessiman will be another example of this and will surprise people. He moved to NYC in the summer just to weight train (hes now 6'6 222) and work on his skating. I cant wait to see how he does during the whole season but in his only pre season game he had a 3 point night.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
monster_bertuzzi said:
If Ryan Kesler goes from top 25 last year, to not even making the list this year I will laugh my ass off.

You mean just like the rest of us when he made the list in the first place? Let alone within the top 25?

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I am a big Chris Higgins fan I sure do wish he makes it on the top 50. But having him as an 8 is a bit much. He is not a future 1st line. I will be very happy if he produces as a solid 2nd liner. I project him as an ace checking line player on a top tier team.

Having said that, the MTL writer is very knowledgeable and makes very insightfull comments on a regular basis. He just may be a little over enthusiastic in Higgins`case.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Brown and Grebeshkov are probably the only two to make the list for the Kings. It would be nice if more make the list, but having 2 of the top 50 prospects is definitely nothing to sneeze at.

leafaholix*

King'sPawn said:
Brown and Grebeshkov are probably the only two to make the list for the Kings. It would be nice if more make the list, but having 2 of the top 50 prospects is definitely nothing to sneeze at.
I think Lauri Tukonen has a shot as well.

TML

Dec 13, 2003
Hamilton
Where do you guys see Patrick O'Sullivan on the list? I think he'll be within the 15-25 range, once again...

Oh, and Parise is a definite top 10.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Ott = Snott said:
You mean just like the rest of us when he made the list in the first place? Let alone within the top 25?

I just saw him play against the Hamilton Bulldogs in an AHL game today. He had a goal and an assist, was the first star, has 11 points in 11 games and is a +8 on the season.

It's early, but this is an amazing start for a 20 year old player in the AHL. Who knows if he can keep it up, but he surely deserves to be a highly ranked prospect in the league. Top 50? I'd say if not, he'd be probobly in the top 75 for sure, though.

TML

Dec 13, 2003
Hamilton
My Top 25:

1. Alexander Ovechkin
2. Nikolai Zherdev
3. Dion Phaneuf
4. Kari Lehtonen
5. Evgeni Malkin
6. Marc Andre Fleury
7. Nathan Horton
8. Braydon Coburn
9. Ryan Suter
10. Thomas Vanek
11. Zach Parise
12. Alexander Semin
13. Jeff Carter
14. Milan Michalek
15. Ryan Whitney
16. Fedor Tjutin
17. Igor Grigorenko
18. Dustin Brown
19. Denis Grebeshkov
20. Andrei Kostitsyn
21. Patrick O'Sullivan
22. Ryan Getzlaf
23. Mark Stuart
24. Hannu Toivonen
25. Anthony Stewart

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
TML said:
My Top 25:

1. Alexander Ovechkin
2. Nikolai Zherdev
3. Dion Phaneuf
4. Kari Lehtonen
5. Evgeni Malkin
6. Marc Andre Fleury
7. Nathan Horton
8. Braydon Coburn
9. Ryan Suter
10. Thomas Vanek
11. Zach Parise
12. Alexander Semin
13. Jeff Carter
14. Milan Michalek
15. Ryan Whitney
16. Fedor Tjutin
17. Igor Grigorenko
18. Dustin Brown
19. Denis Grebeshkov
20. Andrei Kostitsyn
21. Patrick O'Sullivan
22. Ryan Getzlaf
23. Mark Stuart
24. Hannu Toivonen
25. Anthony Stewart

Good list, but my top 4 would be

1. Ovechkin
2. Lehtonen
3. Phaneuf
4. Zherdev

leafaholix*

Jay Thompson said:
I just saw him play against the Hamilton Bulldogs in an AHL game today. He had a goal and an assist, was the first star, has 11 points in 11 games and is a +8 on the season.

It's early, but this is an amazing start for a 20 year old player in the AHL. Who knows if he can keep it up, but he surely deserves to be a highly ranked prospect in the league. Top 50? I'd say if not, he'd be probobly in the top 75 for sure, though.
I think he's top 50, but in the later stages of the list. Surely not a top 30 prospect, especially not in front of guys like Higgins and Steen.

TML

Dec 13, 2003
Hamilton
BTW... call it a hunch, but I do not see Mikko Koivu excelling at the NHL level. I think he will be a fringe player, a 45 point player at best.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
I think he's top 50, but in the later stages of the list. Surely not a top 30 prospect, especially not in front of guys like Higgins and Steen.

Watching the Moose and Bulldogs play on Sportsnet tonight, Kesler looks like easily a better prospect than Higgins. He is also about 5 inches taller than Higgins.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
TML said:
My Top 25:

1. Alexander Ovechkin
2. Nikolai Zherdev
3. Dion Phaneuf
4. Kari Lehtonen
5. Evgeni Malkin
6. Marc Andre Fleury
7. Nathan Horton
8. Braydon Coburn
9. Ryan Suter
10. Thomas Vanek
11. Zach Parise
12. Alexander Semin
13. Jeff Carter
14. Milan Michalek
15. Ryan Whitney
16. Fedor Tjutin
17. Igor Grigorenko
18. Dustin Brown
19. Denis Grebeshkov
20. Andrei Kostitsyn
21. Patrick O'Sullivan
22. Ryan Getzlaf
23. Mark Stuart
24. Hannu Toivonen
25. Anthony Stewart

No Barker?

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
TML said:
BTW... call it a hunch, but I do not see Mikko Koivu excelling at the NHL level. I think he will be a fringe player, a 45 point player at best.

Agreed......just my opinion, but if he weren't Saku's brother, he wouldnt get nearly the attention he has gotten. He'll be an NHLer, but wont get past the 3rd line regularly, IMO.

sunb

Jun 27, 2004
Yale University
monster_bertuzzi said:
Watching the Moose and Bulldogs play on Sportsnet tonight, Kesler looks like easily a better prospect than Higgins. He is also about 5 inches taller than Higgins.

And one year younger.

leafaholix*

monster_bertuzzi said:
One game doesn't really prove anything. Higgins has higher potential and is still an extremely good defensive player. They're both (IMO) sure-fire NHL players, but Higgins' potential is higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->