HF new top 50 prospects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Reveille said:
Exactly. Being one of the most inconsistent college defenseman and a decent playoff AHL run mean nothing to me.

Inconsistant? He was easily the best BU player the past two years. It can't be helped his team was awful.

There's a reason why no Penguins fans are worried about Whitney, and it's not because we're all blind homers...

As for Penguins on the list...Fleury and Malkin will be pretty high up...possibly both in the top 5 and Whitney should be top 20...probably will be mid-late 20s.

Noah Welch may squeek into the bottom of the list, but I doubt it because he was drafted 3 years ago and is obviously a bust. ;)

Last edited:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
is it a stretch to say that...

Andrei Kostitsyn
Alexander Perezhogin
Tomas Plekanec
Chris Higgins
Ron Hainsey
Marcel Hossa

Could all be included in the top 50? this isin't a homer post, I definately think the 1st 4 players deserved to be ranked somewhere in the top 50, as for Hainsey and Hossa, they're on the fringe of graduating, and their progress has somewhat stalled, although both are enjoying very good starts in their respectives leagues right now, I believe Hossa is the goal scoring leader in the Sweedish elite league and Hainsey is the leader of the Hamilton Bulldogs defence right now and according to reports has stepped his play this young season...

Add to that Kyle Chipchura and Yann Danis who may not be considered top 50 but at least top 100, as a Habs fan, you can't help but be excited, the future "potentially" looks great!

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
417 TO MTL said:
Could all be included in the top 50?

!
Yes it is, a big stretch.

It is amazing how people forget this is a top 50 list, and their are 30 teams in the NHL. Honestly, what are some of you thinking?

Now you have someone thinking his team is going to have a player listed ever 9 prospects or so? Crazy.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
Semin over Fleury...I will kill someone if that happens.
I see that the crew will happily receive the bulletproof vests I bought them as a gift for their efforts. With comments like this one, it looks like they will need them.

(Not to say your comment is true or not just the sentiment. ;) )

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
417 TO MTL said:

Andrei Kostitsyn
Alexander Perezhogin
Tomas Plekanec
Chris Higgins
Ron Hainsey
Marcel Hossa

Could all be included in the top 50? this isin't a homer post, I definately think the 1st 4 players deserved to be ranked somewhere in the top 50, as for Hainsey and Hossa, they're on the fringe of graduating, and their progress has somewhat stalled, although both are enjoying very good starts in their respectives leagues right now, I believe Hossa is the goal scoring leader in the Sweedish elite league and Hainsey is the leader of the Hamilton Bulldogs defence right now and according to reports has stepped his play this young season...

Add to that Kyle Chipchura and Yann Danis who may not be considered top 50 but at least top 100, as a Habs fan, you can't help but be excited, the future "potentially" looks great!
Kats and one of Plek, Perez or Hainsey probably being the only locks with a possibility of another of the three being 40-50ish.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
MrMastodonFarm said:
Yes it is, a big stretch.

It is amazing how people forget this is a top 50 list, and their are 30 teams in the NHL. Honestly, what are some of you thinking?

Now you have someone thinking his team is going to have a player listed ever 9 prospects or so? Crazy.

Look, it's not that far fetched if you think about it...

Andrei Kostitsyn, Alexander Perezhogin and Chris Higgins, will make the list for sure...

Tomas Plekanec is on e of the more underrated prospects around, he's had two great back to back seasons in the AHL, and that itself should volt him into the top 50, or at least into serious consideration

As for Hossa and Hainsey, as I mentionned in my previous post, they've regressed the last few years and have lost their appeal somewhat, so I can understand them being left out, especially due to their age and how close to the NHL they are, but they could easily be included as well...

So, while it seems illogical that 6 prospects from a team would make the list, in this case, with the Habs, and probably a few other teams, it's quite pheasable, and not crazy as you said...

and a list of top 50 prospects is a list of top 50 prospects, if one team has 8 of the top 50 prospects, than they should be included in the list, no matter how many teams their are in the league

Last edited:

mooseOAK*

417 TO MTL said:
and a list of top 50 prospects is a list of top 50 prospects, if one team has 8 of the top 50 prospects, than they should be included in the list, no matter how many teams their are in the league

Since ranking prospects is entirely subjective giving a team which represents 3% of the league 16% of the top prospects is ridiculous. Unless most of them have done something of note which distinguishes them above most other teams' but that is not nearly the case here.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
mooseOAK said:
Since ranking prospects is entirely subjective giving a team which represents 3% of the league 16% of the top prospects is ridiculous. Unless most of them have done something of note which distinguishes them above most other teams' but that is not nearly the case here.

I never said that there should be all 6 players on the list, but at least 3 of them will make for sure (Kostitsyn, Perezhogin and Higgins) with Plekanec having an outside chance as well, add to that Hainsey and Hossa, I was just asking if there was a possibility that all of them could be included, I wasn't saying that all of them deserved it

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
MrMastodonFarm said:
If one team gets more then 2 prospects on the top 50 list they should be very happy. To suggest 3 or 4, especially a team as thin as the Canucks is laughable.

The Flames are going to have one guy, Dion Phaneuf. Maybe two if Chuko slips into the 45-50 spot.

I was suggesting 1 or 2 Canucks will likely make the list, not 3 or 4.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Oiler's possibles are JDD, Schremp, Woywitka, and possibly Pouliot.

They won't all make it but all have a ligit shot. JDD and Woywitka are my picks. I personally think Schremp should be an automatic as well, but there is a huge variety of opinions of him around this board. Some would say top 10 potential, some would say not in the top 50. All I can hope is that he has a great year and for next years list he is an automatic.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Not sure which Stars prospect has an honest shot, but I think Eriksson is more than deserving, same for Jussi Jokinen. Thats about it..

Vic Rattlehead*

Only two Bruins will make the list. Toivonen and Stuart. Hopefully Toivonen is ahead of Stuart this time.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Do you guys think Montoya, Balej, Lundqvist, Tyutin could all be on the list?

I would put Jessiman even though I like him more than Balej but people arent that high on him. But you you think those 4 will be on it?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I think Chris Higgins has to be top 5 on the list since he is listed as an 8A by the Montreal HF writer... :cry:

If a sure first liner is not on the top 50 list then there is something wrong with your voting :lol

Last edited:

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
monster_bertuzzi said:
If Ryan Kesler goes from top 25 last year, to not even making the list this year I will laugh my ass off.

It shouldn't surprise you. Kesler had a good year, but a lot of prospects had good years. With the lockout, more prospects than ever are retaining their 'prospect' status.

I suspect Kesler will make the list ahead of King which likely won't make much sense to this Canuck fan (and many others), but ce la vie.

Next Best Thing*

Dallas Flames Fan said:
I think Chris Higgins has to be top 5 on the list since he is listed as an 8A by the Montreal HF writer... :cry:

If a sure first liner is not on the top 50 list then there is something wrong with your voting :lol

Do you have a problem with our writer? If there is anyone on this board that I respect it would be him, and in my case that's something. After all, look at all the jokers like yourself.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
NYRangers said:
Do you guys think Montoya, Balej, Lundqvist, Tyutin could all be on the list?

I would put Jessiman even though I like him more than Balej but people arent that high on him. But you you think those 4 will be on it?

Lundqvist should be in the top 15. He was the best player outside the NHL and currently the second best goalie prospect. He is a big, strong and atlethic goalie who could step into the NHL rigth away as a starter on many teams...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->