Prospect Info: HF Mock Draft 9th Overall

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Shinkaruk has a tremendous wrist shot and excellent release, particularly when coming in on a rush off the left wing.

if they wont play kovy on the left, maybe theyll play this kid..

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I'm surprised that there isn't one vote for Nurse.

Nurse's two biggest question marks are hockey sense and offense. He might turn out to be a really good player, but I have no idea why any team would take that risk in the top 10 in a draft deep with forwards.

That being said, he's big and mean and plays with an edge so I really hope some team is looking for some serious "character" with their first rounder. I just hope it isn't the Devils.

Mustangs

Jan 13, 2008
Barrie
Originally I wanted Monahan but having watched Bo Horvat a few times this past week I might have changed my mind. This kid has serious talent.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Originally I wanted Monahan but having watched Bo Horvat a few times this past week I might have changed my mind. This kid has serious talent.

Bo Horvat at #9 is a massive reach IMO. I'd go with Shinkaruk, Domi and of course any of the "usual supspects" that might fall way before Horvat.

Horvat or Lazar would be real solid picks if we were to pick in the mid teen's but isn't the case unless we trade down.

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
As rule of thumb there is no way I'm picking a guy 5'10 and 160 pounds with a top 10 pick...but whatever.

Well good thing because Shinkaruk's 5-11 and 175 pounds so you're well off.

Also, by this logic, you wouldn't have taken Patrick Kane, RNH, Skinner, Duchene, etc (all guys under 6 ft taken in top 10)

Actually, I don't see one bust in the last 6 drafts taken in the top 10 under 6 feet.

Last edited:

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
Well good thing because Shinkaruk's 5-11 and 175 pounds so you're well off.

Also, by this logic, you wouldn't have taken Patrick Kane, RNH, Skinner, Duchene, etc (all guys under 6 ft taken in top 10)

Actually, I don't see one bust in the last 6 drafts taken in the top 10 under 6 feet.

I think we can't go wrong with either him or Domi. I would prefer Domi's style of play a little bit more, becasue I can see him being a Ryan Callahan type of player and Hunter being more of a Skinner type deal.

Oroku Saki*

Yeah, he is supposedly one of the fastest skaters in the past 3-4 drafts. He's got great hands too. He might slip to the 4th-5th round.

Oroku Saki*

He's just so unknown outside the Danish league but he has 3rd round skill. I've seen a few of his highlights and for an undersized prospect, he is pretty fearless around the net.

Devils Nick30

Sep 7, 2010
New Jersey
He's just so unknown outside the Danish league but he has 3rd round skill. I've seen a few of his highlights and for an undersized prospect, he is pretty fearless around the net.

This guy is good, but I wouldn't waste a 3rd round pick on him. You would probably want him to slide into a lower round because I doubt he's on many teams radar

Oroku Saki*

This guy is good, but I wouldn't waste a 3rd round pick on him. You would probably want him to slide into a lower round because I doubt he's on many teams radar

Have you seen him play much? Is he really as quick as some say?

apice3*

In the 2nd-3rd round I want Filo Rassmussen.

-Wrong thread

Eh, I read a little bit about the kid. He's got decent upside but he has a terrible attitude. Heard about him getting into fights with teammates during practices. Not really the kind of guy Lou goes after.

Maybe if he falls to the later rounds, but we can't risk 1st-3rd round picks with such a limited prospect pool.

Oroku Saki*

Eh, I read a little bit about the kid. He's got decent upside but he has a terrible attitude. Heard about him getting into fights with teammates during practices. Not really the kind of guy Lou goes after.

Maybe if he falls to the later rounds, but we can't risk 1st-3rd round picks with such a limited prospect pool.

Wow, I didn't read that. I'd still use a pick on him, he's worth the upside just like Merrill is.

apice3*

Wow, I didn't read that. I'd still use a pick on him, he's worth the upside just like Merrill is.

Merrill's issues didn't impact team chemistry though, he was just an idiot. Rassmussen starting fights with teammates just seems like a lockerroom dividing type of situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad