Prospect Info: HF Mock Draft 9th Overall

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Domi and Matteaus' kids. Sure, why not.
The difference is I never hated Matteau for who he was, I hated him for scoring that goal.

I hate Tie Domi not for anything he did (although the elbow on Niedermayer cemented my hatred), but for being Tie Domi.

So, bringing it Matteau Jr? I can handle that. I can even appreciate the irony, especially coming off the 2012 ECFs.

Bringing in Domi Jr? That means we might have to see Tie Domi on the television. At the Rock. Maybe even rooting for the Devils. That I'm not sure I could handle.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Tie Domi's sucker punch on Ulf Samuelsson is the 2nd most egregious thing I've seen in hockey. 1st was Dave Brown's cross check to the face of Tomas Sandstorm.

The weird thing was everyone celebrated Domi's act on Ulf. It was disgusting. YouTube it, it's disturbing.

Pappa Domi was a high 2nd round pick. He wasn't supposed to be a heavy weight, he was supposed to be a player. If his son has any real skill and any of his dad's toughness that would be an intriguing player.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
is that why a D man leads the poll :sarcasm:

Polls on this board are a barometer of what is right...only in the the opposite direction.

If you ever want to figure out truth, it is almost always the opposite of popular opinion of this board.

Last edited:

NJD1982

Mar 31, 2007
If the best player available at 9 is a defenseman then you have to believe Lou's phone will be ringing with trade offers. If they can move down to 10-14 and still get Domi I would be very happy.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
If that comment isn't hating on someone, I don't know what else to say.

The entire point was linked to a post stating that if we were to trade in the early 20's, we should look at Fucale and I couldn't agree more. There's not a "scorer" I'd take over Fucale at that position but it doesn't really matter since I don't see us moving down 12 or 13 spots.

how is that hate? we need goal scoring and were sick of not having any...besides possibly boucher, come from the draft. not counting henrique because hes more a setup guy and looked meh this year. if someone said, **** fucale he should get brain gonorrhea and i hate him, well then id agree with the normally over the top dramatization. look nobodys saying fucale isnt a good goalie, im sure hes great and im sure he loves puppies and long walks on the beach and is a model citizen. but we sortve need a parise replacement and i know u understand. well get another goalie, of that im sure, but not in the first round. even IF lou trades down. oh and i hate him. and he should get gonnorhea of the brain.

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
If Lindholm, Monahan, and Nicushkin are all gone at pick 9 and we're left with possibly Shinkaruk or Domi - I'd be inclined to take on of those (Hunter actually). However, the ONLY way I'd consider a trade down would be possibly to 14 if Columbus gives up one of their other 1st rounders (NYR or LAK). Having picks 14, another around #22-24 and one at #39 would add three solid prospects to our pipeline. Imagine adding a Valentin Zykov, Kerby Rychel, and Justin Bailey....

While I'd hope to add a potential star forward, I'm not sure that Shinkaruk or Domi have the star power and in such a deep draft, getting a 2nd 1st rounder could be huge. However, I'm not looking to trade down more than a spot or two for an added 2nd rounder and don't want to trade beyond number 14.

NJD1982

Mar 31, 2007
If Lindholm, Monahan, and Nicushkin are all gone at pick 9 and we're left with possibly Shinkaruk or Domi - I'd be inclined to take on of those (Hunter actually). However, the ONLY way I'd consider a trade down would be possibly to 14 if Columbus gives up one of their other 1st rounders (NYR or LAK). Having picks 14, another around #22-24 and one at #39 would add three solid prospects to our pipeline. Imagine adding a Valentin Zykov, Kerby Rychel, and Justin Bailey....

While I'd hope to add a potential star forward, I'm not sure that Shinkaruk or Domi have the star power and in such a deep draft, getting a 2nd 1st rounder could be huge. However, I'm not looking to trade down more than a spot or two for an added 2nd rounder and don't want to trade beyond number 14.

I don't think anyone is gonna move an additional 1st unless someone like Nurse or Ristolainen falls. I'm not sure either make it to 9.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

how is that hate? we need goal scoring and were sick of not having any...besides possibly boucher, come from the draft. not counting henrique because hes more a setup guy and looked meh this year. if someone said, **** fucale he should get brain gonorrhea and i hate him, well then id agree with the normally over the top dramatization. look nobodys saying fucale isnt a good goalie, im sure hes great and im sure he loves puppies and long walks on the beach and is a model citizen. but we sortve need a parise replacement and i know u understand. well get another goalie, of that im sure, but not in the first round. even IF lou trades down. oh and i hate him. and he should get gonnorhea of the brain.

BPA, period.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I don't care what the current situation is, we need the best player available.

Realistically, though, Nurse won't be on the board by the 9th overall. My bet is Edmonton and Carolina both pick D's. This is just fan-based fun. If you really want to pick on a fanbase for being unrealistic, pick on the Oilers' fans who picked a forward with their existing talent pool and two potential future 1st pair D's still on the board.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
1. Avs-Seth Jones
2. Panthers-Nathan Mackinnon
3. Lightning-Jonathan Drouin
4. Predators-Alexander Barkov
5. Hurricanes-Rasmus Ristolainen
6. Flames-Sean Monahan
7. Oilers-Darnell Nurse
8. Buffalo-Valeri Nichushkin
9. Devils-Elias Lindholm
10. Stars-Hunter Shinkaruk

I don't think it's outlandish to think something like this will happen, it's just that we have to hope three defenseman get picked before we get to pick.

Last edited:

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
1. Avs-Seth Jones
2. Panthers-Nathan Mackinnon
3. Lightning-Jonathan Drouin
4. Predators-Alexander Barkov
5. Hurricanes-Rasmus Ristolainen
6. Flames-Sean Monahan
7. Oilers-Darnell Nurse
8. Buffalo-Valeri Nichushkin
9. Devils-Elias Lindholm
10. Stars-Hunter Shinkaruk

I don't think it's outlandish to think something like this will happen, it's just that we have to hope three defenseman get picked before we get to pick.

For what it's worth I think that scenario is completely plausible.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
the swedes not dropping. u guys are out to lunch.

Somewhere in the rock right now Lou is smoking a Cuban, stroking a cat on his lap and plotting a way for Lindholm to fall...

drclaw.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->