Prospect Info: HF Mock Draft 27th Overall

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
greetings again Blue Jackets fans, I've thought a cool idea for this draft would be to do a mock draft by going through each team forum in order of there pick in the first round and poll who they would take. whoever gets the most votes gets picked. and is taken off the list for the next team. with the 26th overall pick the Ducks took Hagg with the other results just below. I'm hoping that by going through each team's forum I would get a better idea of who there team might select since those fans should know the most about there teams, so given the circumstances who would the Blue Jackets select 27th overall?

Picks so Far:

Avalanche: Seth Jones
Panthers: Nathan Mackinnon
Lightning: Jonathon Drouin
Predators: Aleksander Barkov
Hurricanes: Sean Monahan
Flames: Elias Lindholm
Oilers: Valeri Nichushkin
Sabres: Rasmus Ristolainen
Devils: Hunter Shinkaruk
Stars: Alexander Wennberg
Flyers: Darnell Nurse
Coyotes: Max Domi
Jets: Frederik Gauthier
BlueJackets: Bo Horvat
Islanders: Nikita Zadorov
Sabres: Adam Erne
Senators: Andre Burakovsky
Red Wings: Valentin Zykov
Blue Jackets: Ryan Pulock
Sharks: Anthony Mantha
Leafs: Curtis Lazar
Flames: Josh Morrissey
Capitals: Ryan Hartman
Canucks: Samuel Morin
Canadiens: Kerby Rychel
Ducks: Robert Hagg

after I go through all 30 picks of the first round I will post the results in the prospect section.

I also ask that I'm looking to poll Blue Jackets fans so if your not a Blue Jackets fan and just browsing I ask that you refrain from voting thanks.

also Mods I realize you guys have a prospects thread but this type of thing needs to be done in a poll so I ask that you don't delete/merge the thread to allow me to continue thanks

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Had a pretty big debate with myself on this one. Fucale is the BPA available in my opinion no question but i feel with Bobrovsky, Forsberg, Dansk, and Korpisalo we should be pretty set. I'm usually all for the BPA but in this situation i took Pavel Buchnevich as i feel he has the best chance and potential to turn into a big time offensive player

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i like the player, and would like him as a jacket...i was actually thinking (not to derail this) on one of trade threads tampa guy offered 3 and 33 for murray and 19...could take him at 33 and I wouldn't be mad...

Milltec

Aug 18, 2011
Columbus
Gotta go with Buchnevich, top line tools. Let him mature in the KHL for a couple years and then bring him over.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I went with Fucale because I think he is the BPA. IMO, you can never have too many good goaltenders. You never know how they will develop. Also, we can trade 1 (or more) if we are lucky enough to have too many good goaltenders.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Went with Buchnevich as I think he offers the highest upside. I can't see taking Fucale at this point. There isn't a dramatic differentiation among the eligible goalies (some have others rated higher than Fucale). If we want to add another, do it later in my opinion. Continue to stock the F & D stable first in my opinion.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
thanks for the participation guys with the 27th overall pick the Columbus Blue Jackets select Morgan Klimchuk.

Great choice.

If our first round looks anything like Horvat-Pulock-Klimchuk, we are in for a real treat ... all of those guys could have been gone where we were picking. We come away with two potential top-6 forwards and a guy who I feel is one of the top three or four defensemen in the draft.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Great choice.

If our first round looks anything like Horvat-Pulock-Klimchuk, we are in for a real treat ... all of those guys could have been gone where we were picking. We come away with two potential top-6 forwards and a guy who I feel is one of the top three or four defensemen in the draft.

Can't quite figure why some scouts have Pulock pegged as a 2nd rounder

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Great choice.

Yeah, I would be very happy if we drafted those 3 guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->