Prospect Info: HF Mock Draft 21st Overall

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
greetings fellow Leafs fans, I've thought a cool idea for this draft would be to do a mock draft by going through each team forum in order of there pick in the first round and poll who they would take. whoever gets the most votes gets picked. and is taken off the list for the next team. with the 20th overall pick the Sharks took Mantha with the other results just below. I'm hoping that by going through each team's forum I would get a better idea of who there team might select since those fans should know the most about there teams, so given the circumstances who would the Leafs select 21st overall?

Picks so Far:

Avalanche: Seth Jones
Panthers: Nathan Mackinnon
Lightning: Jonathon Drouin
Predators: Aleksander Barkov
Hurricanes: Sean Monahan
Flames: Elias Lindholm
Oilers: Valeri Nichushkin
Sabres: Rasmus Ristolainen
Devils: Hunter Shinkaruk
Stars: Alexander Wennberg
Flyers: Darnell Nurse
Coyotes: Max Domi
Jets: Frederik Gauthier
BlueJackets: Bo Horvat
Islanders: Nikita Zadorov
Sabres: Adam Erne
Senators: Andre Burakovsky
Red Wings: Valentin Zykov
Blue Jackets: Ryan Pulock
Sharks: Anthony Mantha

after I go through all 30 picks of the first round I will post the results in the prospect section.

I also ask that I'm looking to poll Leafs fans so if your not a Leafs fan and just browsing I ask that you refrain from voting thanks.

also Mods I realize you guys have a prospects thread but this type of thing needs to be done in a poll so I ask that you don't delete/merge the thread to allow me to continue thanks

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Sounds like a lot of work to pull this off, well done.

Lazar could be the next Kesler. If he's available at 21 the Leafs better be alllllllllll over him.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Lot of good options left on the board that's for sure. Haven't quite picked yet, but probably going to come down to between Lazar/Morrissey/Rychel. Although when I think about it can throw in names like Fucale if I really want a tough call.

Will probably end up giving the nod to Lazar though. A lot to like there.

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
I'm conflicted between so many players. At first I thought Lazar would be an easy pick, but i've been reading more people doubting him and more people talking up Rychel, which makes me start to lean towards him...

I think I'm going to go off the board and pick Klimchuk, I think he is someone being looked over by a lot of people and might end up surprising.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Theres a pretty good chance Lazar will actually be available when we pick, so it might be real in 3 weeks!

Hard to believe it's so soon! We still have playoff hockey right now, we are spoiled with how little wait there is this year.

jughead42*

All year I've been boosting the Leaf's selection of Kerby Rychel but now I'm waffling. I've seen quite a bit of Hartman and I really do love what he brings to the table. Maybe better players are available but based on what I have seen with my own eyes I know he's a player who'll be good for us in the future. Rychel has the fantastic shot and the blood lines, but having seen him play for the last several years I would be weary of his ability to put in a consistent effort every night in the pros. Hartman seems to have that compete that sets players apart to me and Rychel doesn't.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Lazar. His offensive upside is put into question but of this list, there is no one who screams having a far superior upside to Lazar. For example, a couple guys available here might have a 65 point ceiling. Lazar's might only 55, but with everything he does right and well, I'd take him over guys who might be more one dimensional.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Jesus, some teams fans better be glad that they're not the ones making the picks... The Jets picked Gauthier that high?

Maybe I'm just surprised because I've always felt he's the guy we're taking at our spot haha

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I think Lazar fits a need in our prospect pool and has easily the same amount of potential/value right now as anyone in that list. A little bit of a question mark in his offensive output compared to other prospects around him but he did get 38 goals, which is pretty good to go along with his speed and what appears to be great hockey IQ.

Hard not to pick him.

I'm not a huge fan of Fucale but I think he'd also be an intriguing choice here. Rychel also would be solid.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Lazar would actually be the perfect center for Kessel. He's solid defensively along with a great physical game and work ethic and also more of a shooter / finisher which would compliment Kessel's underrated playmaking ability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad