Prospect Info: HF Mock Draft 19th Overall

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
greetings again Blue Jackets fans, I've thought a cool idea for this draft would be to do a mock draft by going through each team forum in order of there pick in the first round and poll who they would take. whoever gets the most votes gets picked. and is taken off the list for the next team. with the 18th overall pick the Red Wings took Zykov with the other results just below. I'm hoping that by going through each team's forum I would get a better idea of who there team might select since those fans should know the most about there teams, so given the circumstances who would the Blue Jackets select 19th overall?

Picks so Far:

Avalanche: Seth Jones
Panthers: Nathan Mackinnon
Lightning: Jonathon Drouin
Predators: Aleksander Barkov
Hurricanes: Sean Monahan
Flames: Elias Lindholm
Oilers: Valeri Nichushkin
Sabres: Rasmus Ristolainen
Devils: Hunter Shinkaruk
Stars: Alexander Wennberg
Flyers: Darnell Nurse
Coyotes: Max Domi
Jets: Frederik Gauthier
BlueJackets: Bo Horvat
Islanders: Nikita Zadorov
Sabres: Adam Erne
Senators: Andre Burakovsky
Red Wings: Valentin Zykov

after I go through all 30 picks of the first round I will post the results in the prospect section.

I also ask that I'm looking to poll Blue Jackets fans so if your not a Blue Jackets fan and just browsing I ask that you refrain from voting thanks.

also Mods I realize you guys have a prospects thread but this type of thing needs to be done in a poll so I ask that you don't delete/merge the thread to allow me to continue thanks

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Pulock seem like best pick to me, all things considered.

Would love Lazar, but not sure if the off. upside is there. Perfectly happy with him too, and I know D is jacked but still, Pulock's tools are so intriguing that have to go with him.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I could live with Pulock only because it strengthens a deep pool and will help facilitate trades down the line.

We need to build our forward pipeline and I wanted to vote Mantha because of all the good things, size & points but because of negative things I've read I voted for Rychel. who put up 161 pts the last two yrs in 136 games.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Some great talent still left on the board. Hard not to vote for Pulock, and I've been on Mantha's bandwagon for a while and have recently been warming up to Rychel... but I had to go with Hartman. He's said the men in his family are late bloomers and that he should hit a growth spurt. He plays a big man's game, and if he gets another 2-3 inches on him he could turn into a true power forward.

That said, I was the Caps in our board's mock and wanted to move down to take Laurent Dauphin. I highly recommend doing some research on the kid. He's got skill, he's crafty, and he's got a motor that doesn't stop. Biggest thing for him though is that he's not strong enough, especially in the lower body. If he can put on 25-30 lbs in the next two years, watch out. I think he'll be the steal of the draft if he's developed properly.

Check out his U-18 tournament highlights. I'm not big on highlights that much because they don't tell the whole story, but seriously there is a lot of footage of him at the tournament going hard to the next and slipping away from checks. He is a crafty, crafty player.

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I could live with Pulock only because it strengthens a deep pool and will help facilitate trades down the line.

We need to build our forward pipeline and I wanted to vote Mantha because of all the good things, size & points but because of negative things I've read I voted for Rychel. who put up 161 pts the last two yrs in 136 games.

I was on the fence between Mantha and Pulock, and voted Pulock. I'm surprised that you found the negative reputation for Mantha more legit than the negative reputation for Rychel. I don't know either way but my impression was that Mantha's rep was unjustified and I'm not so sure with Rychel.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Pulock. There are a few good forwards still available, but Pulock is the best talent, IMO, and offers the most value at 19.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I was on the fence between Mantha and Pulock, and voted Pulock. I'm surprised that you found the negative reputation for Mantha more legit than the negative reputation for Rychel. I don't know either way but my impression was that Mantha's rep was unjustified and I'm not so sure with Rychel.

Can't recall hearing that much negative about Rychel.

I think the 9 of us who voted for a forward should caucus and throw all our votes behind one guy. :laugh:

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Can't see Pulock falling this far in the actual draft, but if he does, we'll take him!

Give my nod to Ryan Hartman also ... hope he falls to our next pick. If so, we have had a hell of a first round.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Pulock is just too good to pass up at 19. Although I really really want Mantha or Rychel, but I feel one of the two will still be there.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
In case of a tie, I suggest that my vote for Rychel would have gone to Mantha had I looked at the trends before i voted. :laugh:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I voted Fucale as I think he's the BPA of those left but Pulock is likely the best "skater" available so I could see him being chosen.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I take heart in the fact that 27 people voted for a forward.

hogtownhabsfan*

You guys are in such an awesome position for this tremendous draft.

I think getting Horvat at 14, and then the top D on your board at 19 is the way to go. Then you can go BPA at LAs pick.

gojacketsgo61

Fire the Refs!
Apr 27, 2009
If a top 10 player somehow drops to us, I would most likely want to take him.

Other than that, I say Mantha. For me it was between him or Rychel. I like Rychel but I feel that Mantha is the better fit for CBJ and will be the better player.

I like Pulock also. However, I doubt he'll be around at 14.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
If a top 10 player somehow drops to us, I would most likely want to take him.

Other than that, I say Mantha. For me it was between him or Rychel. I like Rychel but I feel that Mantha is the better fit for CBJ and will be the better player.

I like Pulock also. However, I doubt he'll be around at 14.

From reading all the scouting reports and mock drafts the one thing that appears certain is there is very little certainty especially outside of the top 4 and for sure outside of the top 8-10.

I think the one thing for sure is that we will have two pretty decent prospects at 14 & 19 should we chose to pick there. 27 looks a bit dicier but a few of the reports I've looked at lately have name guys still available at 30 and beyond so even there chances are good.

Just wish it would hurry up and get here.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
From all accounts it appears there is a clear top 7 in this draft.

Jones
McKinnon
Drouin
Barkov
Nichushkin
Lindholm
Monahan

Some could make the argument it's a top 8 and include Nurse. After watching the SC playoffs it's obvious having solid top level shut down defensemen with skating ability can significantly help a team.

Beyond this it gets really muddy. If CBJ were to move up I would be happy with any of the above (not Nurse for the CBJ in the top 7). The next group is widely varied and the depth continues to look very good. Don't like to wish my life away but I'm with others who wish June 30 would get here...then slow down. :)

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
From all accounts it appears there is a clear top 7 in this draft.

Jones
McKinnon
Drouin
Barkov
Nichushkin
Lindholm
Monahan

Some could make the argument it's a top 8 and include Nurse. After watching the SC playoffs it's obvious having solid top level shut down defensemen with skating ability can significantly help a team.

Beyond this it gets really muddy. If CBJ were to move up I would be happy with any of the above (not Nurse for the CBJ in the top 7). The next group is widely varied and the depth continues to look very good. Don't like to wish my life away but I'm with others who wish June 30 would get here...then slow down. :)

After the first two, there are some question marks with the other five ... as is the case in any draft. While they all look like good bets to pan out, there is still the possibility that a player taken 14th is better than one or all of them.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
After the first two, there are some question marks with the other five ... as is the case in any draft. While they all look like good bets to pan out, there is still the possibility that a player taken 14th is better than one or all of them.

I should have qualified this. My point was that I think this is the likely consensus of top players. By "muddy" I meant more that the lists begin to vary wildly after this group. I do agree that I think McKinnon and Jones seem to be the consensus top 2 and both project very, very high! If CBJ moves up, it's one of these 7 I would be looking to move up for....

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I should have qualified this. My point was that I think this is the likely consensus of top players. By "muddy" I meant more that the lists begin to vary wildly after this group. I do agree that I think McKinnon and Jones seem to be the consensus top 2 and both project very, very high! If CBJ moves up, it's one of these 7 I would be looking to move up for....

I think a lot of people are about the same up until about 10 or 12 ... then you see it really start to vary. You are right about the top-7, but there's that next tier of guys that includes Nurse, Zadorov, and maybe Shinkaruk, Pulock, and Domi. Personally, I even have Nurse ahead of Monahan, because solid defenders are so hard to come by.

The only way I want to move up is if the cost is right. I'd love to land Elias Lindholm, at 5 or 6, but if we have to give up more than a couple of picks to do it, I'd be against it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad