HF Mid-Season Organizational Rankings Posted (21-30)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Starsdude said:
Even as a starsdude you have to admire Datysuk, Zetterberg, Hudler(can't believe stars passed on him) Kronwell Grigorenko in last 4 years awesome work
:bow: :bow: :handclap: :handclap:

I have to admire the Scouting jobs of COL, LA, and DET.

Hedjuk
Tanguay
Regheir (sp?)
etc.....

Grigorenko
Hudler
Kronvall
Datsyuk
Zetterberg
etc.....

Pushkarov (DET wanted him and may be a future star eventually)
Huet ( I think he was drafted by LA)
Frolov (great steal at #20 I believe)
Kanko
Grebeshkov ( great pick)
Cammelari

Coffey77

Mar 12, 2002
Visit site
PanthersRule said:
:bow: :bow: :handclap: :handclap:

I have to admire the Scouting jobs of COL, LA, and DET.

Hedjuk
Tanguay
Regheir (sp?)
etc.....

Grigorenko
Hudler
Kronvall
Datsyuk
Zetterberg
etc.....

Pushkarov (DET wanted him and may be a future star eventually)
Huet ( I think he was drafted by LA)
Frolov (great steal at #20 I believe)
Kanko
Grebeshkov ( great pick)
Cammelari

Detroit has been alright considering so many picks were traded away.

Wings reportedly offered a 1st rounder plus extra to the Kings for that pick for Pushkarov.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
For the Blues, I think Shkotov is the most impressive, but I haven't seen Zakharov yet although I've read tons about him after the Habs drafted his linemate from Belarus. And I know Stempniak is not talked about, but I was hoping the Habs would grab him, as he has put up good numbers for the big Green.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
PanthersRule said:
Roussin ( still produced without Crosby and Pouliot) may be the steal of the 03 draft as he's 2nd in the Q in scoring and has size.

Ironic that his point total more than doubles the year that he begins playing with a kid named Sydney isn't it?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
Ironic that his point total more than doubles the year that he begins playing with a kid named Sydney isn't it?
Roussin didn't look impressive at all when I seen him, the other guy on the Crosby line was good. Danny Stewart really impressed me though, he has alot more size/skill then I expected.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Just wondering, is there some type of time frame for when the next list will come out? (I know you guys all work for free out of your own time, just wondering if there's any date or period of time the next one will come?)

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
MrKnowNothing said:
Just wondering, is there some type of time frame for when the next list will come out? (I know you guys all work for free out of your own time, just wondering if there's any date or period of time the next one will come?)

next list as is what? the next segment of rankings? or the next full update?
the next segment of rankings should be realised over the next week or so
the next full update should probably be done at the end of the seaon perhaps or maybe not until the draft

FacelessButcher

Sep 20, 2003
Edmonton
GuyF said:
There's two names listed on the Blue's home page as writers. There's only one on the Edmonton page and I manage to keep it up nice and current.
That's some shameless self-promotion if I ever heard it (not to say that your undeserving of it ;)) :bow:GuyF:bow:

Last edited:

degroat*

GuyF said:
There's two names listed on the Blue's home page as writers. There's only one on the Edmonton page and I manage to keep it up nice and current.

I think those in charge would agree with me in saying that the goal is to provide the best information possible. The Blues section, or any section for that matter, not being up to date isnt a good excuse for the text of the rankings not being accurate... which gives good reason for people to doubt the accuracy of the rankings themselves.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
Ironic that he still produced points when both M-A Pouliot and Crosby were at the WJC camp and tournament isn't it?

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
forbesy said:
next list as is what? the next segment of rankings? or the next full update?
the next segment of rankings should be realised over the next week or so
the next full update should probably be done at the end of the seaon perhaps or maybe not until the draft

Segment of ratings, 11-20. Just posted so I guess I got my answer.Thanks again.

leafaholix*

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but it's not Trevor Ford.

It's Todd Ford.

CoolburnIsGone

FacelessButcher said:
um.. Pouliot wasn't at the WJC camp or tournament.
You're right...he was injured most of the time that Roussin was producing, whether with Crosby or not (when Sidney was at WJC). Roussin started producing when he was traded to Rimouski last yr (38 pts in 38 games)...compared to when he was playing for Sherbrooke (16 pts in 33 games). Its helped his game to be playing on top 2 lines and getting PP time now. I'm sure he wouldn't be producing this well without Crosby & Pouliot (when healthy) but he'd still be producing at a good pace for a 7th rounder.

KingPurpleDinosaur

Bandwagon Kings Fan
Dec 17, 2002
irvine, ca
www.anteaterhockey.com
Coffey77 said:
Detroit has been alright considering so many picks were traded away.

Wings reportedly offered a 1st rounder plus extra to the Kings for that pick for Pushkarov.

wings are the absolute kings at finding diamonds in the rough. wish the kings were that good. but i sure hope pushkarov turns out, it'd be nice to have a certified steal in the draft.

as for ur package, ur 1st rounder is pretty much essentially a perennial high 2nd rounder. it's no wonder it was tough to use that as leverage in any trade.

degroat*

KingPurpleDinosaur said:
wings are the absolute kings at finding diamonds in the rough.
Had the Wings expected Datsyuk and Zetterberg to be so good they would have drafted them at the absolute latest in the 4th round, probably 2nd or 3rd. Finding a great player in the late rounds is all about luck and I'll say the same thing if Hemingway, Pohl, and/or Divis develop into great or even good players.

KingPurpleDinosaur

Bandwagon Kings Fan
Dec 17, 2002
irvine, ca
www.anteaterhockey.com
no doubt about that cause i dont even think the wings know when they draft a gold mine. they seem to always stumble on these great overlooked players without ever really konwing it. the funniest thing about it is that they absolutely BLOW at picking 1st rounders. man, if these guys could nab good 1st rounders, they'd be set for life.

Coffey77

Mar 12, 2002
Visit site
KingPurpleDinosaur said:
no doubt about that cause i dont even think the wings know when they draft a gold mine. they seem to always stumble on these great overlooked players without ever really konwing it. the funniest thing about it is that they absolutely BLOW at picking 1st rounders. man, if these guys could nab good 1st rounders, they'd be set for life.

Must be why they end up trading it away every year :D Might as well get value out of the pick somehow. If not by drafting, then by trading.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
balddog66 said:
My quick thoughts on the rankings so far.

Philadelphia, I agree Ruzicka has been amazing in Owen Sound this year (Philly Jr. as they are becoming known with Strothers and Ryan ties). I believe he's still first in rookie scoring in the OHL, course he is 19, but he's a clutch player.

Colorado, would have been helped out if Brad Richardson had not had shoulder surgery, he was on pace for atleast a point per game again and plays in all positions, no secret why Owen Sound dropped from being one of Canada's top 10 to hardly an OHL top 10 after he went out with the season ending injury.

Toronto, nice to see Wellwood finally get some recognition, just wasn't sure why Tellqvist still isn't considered a prospect, is it age? He hasn't played 10 NHL games yet...?

Ruzicka is 2nd in Ohl rookie scoring.
Richardson would have helped Colorado who I gather were thrilled with the pick.

DarioinDenver

Jun 19, 2002
Denver, CO
Visit site
OneSpeedOnly said:
Ruzicka is 2nd in Ohl rookie scoring.
Richardson would have helped Colorado who I gather were thrilled with the pick.

Jori's comments echo truely here. Smaller top six forward that now has an injury prone record. We have some gems in the system with Collins, Svatos, and perhaps Videll, Richardson, Svagrovsky, etc... but the strength in that sense would be just the talent level from top to bottom. The bottom of the Avalanche talent pool is pretty good. We simply don't have any top level forwards that are developed well as of yet. It wouldn't be a huge suprise if some very good NHL players came out of the Avalanche system but no one is a stand out right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad