Prediction Contest: HF Jets Playoff Bracket Challenge LINK IN OP

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Just to let you no I search the league and it doesn’t show up
Edit - disregard
Yep, looks like you’re in.

Just a note to other users, it looks like the challenge uses the first name on your NHL account. I doubt anyone here will be identified but just so ya know.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Bump.

Some important games going down today and the bracket opens as soon as all 16 spots are set, so sign up now.

Link in OP.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Brackets now open - join our league and submit yours!

Got 7 members so far. I'm gonna figure out a table format for the OP and get everyone's usernames up.

Reactions: SLAYER

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Awesome stuff guys, we’re now up to 22.

Two of you (including last person who joined) don’t have any name on your entry, so if you could add one in your NHL account settings that’d be great. Otherwise when I put the table up to track everyone it’ll get a bit difficult.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I think I did it. It says I joined and my bracket is submitted but my name doesn’t show up in the list.

If you go to the settings of your account on NHL.com you should be able to enter a first name of your choice.

Unless you’re Sarah, which is the only other girls name showing. It’s at the bottom of the list.

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
If you go to the settings of your account on NHL.com you should be able to enter a first name of your choice.

Unless you’re Sarah, which is the only other girls name showing. It’s at the bottom of the list.

I am not Sarah. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. When I click on settings it doesn’t give me an option to put my name in. I’ve put my name everywhere else I possibly can, including naming my bracket my name, but it doesn’t show up on the list. I’ve used both the app and the website. Sigh... I’m on my iPad right now I’ll try on my computer later.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I am not Sarah. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. When I click on settings it doesn’t give me an option to put my name in. I’ve put my name everywhere else I possibly can, including naming my bracket my name, but it doesn’t show up on the list. I’ve used both the app and the website. Sigh... I’m on my iPad right now I’ll try on my computer later.
Bummer. Once I’m home from work I’ll get a screenshot up of where to go, hopefully it works for you and the others without names.

Edit: well, after having a fiddle around with changing my own name settings, it looks like once you join the league you’re stuck with that name (or no name) regardless of how many times you change the first name on your NHL account.

Maybe try quitting the league and rejoining with a name added? I dunno.

Last edited:

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Bummer. Once I’m home from work I’ll get a screenshot up of where to go, hopefully it works for you and the others without names.

Edit: well, after having a fiddle around with changing my own name settings, it looks like once you join the league you’re stuck with that name (or no name) regardless of how many times you change the first name on your NHL account.

Maybe try quitting the league and rejoining with a name added? I dunno.

I made a new account and made sure I put my name in this time and it still didn't show a name. Oh well, I'm there twice as "blank" :laugh:

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I made a new account and made sure I put my name in this time and it still didn't show a name. Oh well, I'm there twice as "blank" :laugh:
Weird. Maybe there’s a setting deep somewhere but who knows. You could try bug NHL tech support but it’s probaby not worth it. I’m sure once games start it’ll get clearer who is who.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad