• Fat Duck - Forest Park

• Legends - Mokena

• Crosstown Pub - Naperville

• Deja Brew - Oak Lawn

Results are only viewable after voting.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Haha yeah, never opposed to that. I’m not married to having it in the city either. If we want to do it somewhere in the burbs this year that’s fine. I can just take the Metra out.

Yeah, once we get responses from people, and where they may want to do it, we can try to figure out a venue. I'm fine with burbs or city. Doesn't really bother me much either way. And yeah, someone can always grab ya from the Metra station close by to wherever we would do it, too. Let's get an idea of how many are in, and then we can iron out details. There's a nice little Hawks bar by my house in Bolingbrook. They have pretty damn good wings, and food in general. @DisgruntledHawkFan had em, so he can testify to their tastiness.

But I'm not opposed to the city in any way. The Bolingbrook suggestion has nothing to do with me living there, either. Just a cool little Hawks bar, and a suggestion. I'm perfectly fine with driving to the city. It's what I did for the last two.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Winter Classic sweater.
upload_2018-11-8_19-9-34.jpeg

upload_2018-11-8_19-10-10.jpeg

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
All I've wanted since the first Winter Classic was an exact reproduction of this:

original.png

Boo hoo.

That said, I kind of think this jersey looked better when worn by a player, the back looks okay. Can't stand the color scheme though I suppose it's the closest a jersey has ever looked to a hockey puck:

back-official-game-puck.jpg

Last edited:

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
It’s possible I’ll be in Chicago, and if so I’d try to meet up for a bit, schedule permitting.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Those jerseys are just terrible. That’s the best they could come up with?

I actually don't mind them all that much. I actually liked the 2015 one with the red C/Tomahawks on the sleeves, also. I own a Hossa jersey in that version.

Still think they need to just bring back the 3rd black they used to use. Not sure why they haven't. All I ever hear is how much everyone loved those jerseys. Myself included.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Uhhh.... Bump.

Any interest still? Just cus the Hawks aren't very good doesn't mean we can't meet up on a holiday afternoon to get drunk and eat some food.

Suggestions on venues needed.

I have a couple myself.

Suburbs:
Fatty Magoos - Bolingbrook - It's a Blackhawks bar, with goal lights, audio during games, etc. And the food is pretty damn good. One of the best wings I've had.
Another Round - Downer's Grove - Another Blackhawks bar. And their food is also great. Large bar so we can fit a lot of people.

City:
Village Tap - Chicago(Roscoe Village area) - Only been here once, I believe. Solid pub food, good beer selection. Not sure how Hawks bar it would become for the WC.
Bird's Nest or Broken Barrel(DePaul area) - Never been to either, but they're both official Blackhawks bars. Anyone been to them and can comment/add more to the discussion? @Kurtosis or @MurrayBannerman you'd probably be best for city recommendations. My city bar adventures are very limited.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Poll is up for venue.

Now we just need people to vote and show up.

I know nothing about the bottom 2. Just tossed them in there as they're suburban Hawks bars.

I've been to all of the top 3, and those three are all great.

I voted Another Round for size purposes, basically. If we get 10-12 people, then this place makes more sense. Fatty Magoo's is a smaller divey kinda place.
If we only get 6-8 people, then I'm fine with Fatty Magoo's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad