OT: HF HAWKS 2018 AWARDS FOR WINNERS AND A FEW LOSERS

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Biggest Contributor: @Dont Toews Me Bro

Biggest Beggar: Stan Bowman. No other reason why he still has his job.

Biggest Q fan:

Biggest Team Stan Fan: Stanny B yet again. Probably the only guy who thinks he should still have his job.

Most Interesting: @Dont Toews Me Bro

Captain: why Toews of course.

Most Objective:

Most Dedicated: Toews again. No one likes the game of hockey more than him.

Most Negative: @Pez68 or @ChiHawks10

Funniest: @RememberTheRoar. He pulled a nice edit troll on me a while back. Was well done and quite humorous.

Most Stubborn:

Most Positive: @Dont Toews Me Bro

Most Statistically Sound (AKA the JD Award):

Most Drunken and Disorderly: whoever locked/merged the Toews appreciation thread

Most Difficult Username: @b1e9a8r5s

Best New Poster: @Dont Toews Me Bro

The RIP (AKA poster who we miss here the most):

Nicest:

Best Gif Inserter:

The Clearly Best GDT Maker
Good Sport of the Year:

Best Hawks Game of 17-18 (pick your favorite game from the past season):

Opening night against the Pens

***All picks subject to change.

Most creatively barren award...

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiHawks10

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Biggest Contributor: @Dont Toews Me Bro

Biggest Beggar: Stan Bowman. No other reason why he still has his job.

Biggest Q fan:

Biggest Team Stan Fan: Stanny B yet again. Probably the only guy who thinks he should still have his job.

Most Interesting: @Dont Toews Me Bro

Captain: why Toews of course.

Most Objective:

Most Dedicated: Toews again. No one likes the game of hockey more than him.

Most Negative: @Pez68 or @ChiHawks10

Funniest: @RememberTheRoar. He pulled a nice edit troll on me a while back. Was well done and quite humorous.

Most Stubborn:

Most Positive: @Dont Toews Me Bro

Most Statistically Sound (AKA the JD Award):

Most Drunken and Disorderly: whoever locked/merged the Toews appreciation thread

Most Difficult Username: @b1e9a8r5s

Best New Poster: @Dont Toews Me Bro

The RIP (AKA poster who we miss here the most):

Nicest:

Best Gif Inserter:

The Clearly Best GDT Maker
Good Sport of the Year:

Best Hawks Game of 17-18 (pick your favorite game from the past season):

Opening night against the Pens

***All picks subject to change.

Thank you for the recognition! I needed a trophy for my bathroom.

When should I expect the hardware?

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
Best Gif Inserter

tenor.gif

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Added Three More Categories!!!

I've added an award for the poster you'd most like to have a beer with, the poster you most want to punch in the face, and because of all the work guys like AD, BL, and Fiddy have done these past few months, an award for most knowledgeable about prospects award.

Will add more stupid or smart awards if someone posts them or if I think of any myself.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I'm nominating AD for the prospect award! (despite Bouchard)

Most Knowlegeable of Prospects - American Dream

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Okay, been two weeks without much of anything coming from this thread, so I'm going to try get everyone re-engaged by adding a new category, BEST GOAL OF THE YEAR.

Simply post your favorites goal by a Hawk this season (shootouts also apply).

My nomination for said category is Keith's 2nd goal of the season. Took him a long time to get it, but it broke a tie game with under 10secs to go against St. Louis. A week or two later, the Blues missed qualifying for the playoffs by a single point that they could've had had this game gone to OT.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Best goal: Early in the season: After a few dazzling dekes, Kaner scoring on a wicked back-end when falling to the ice.... or was it a forehand shot? Regardless, a beauty.

Last edited:

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Yeah the Montreal one was two years ago. I was at that game. Remember that because it was Shaw’s first game back at the UC.

Beautiful goal though.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Yeah the Montreal one was two years ago. I was at that game. Remember that because it was Shaw’s first game back at the UC.

Beautiful goal though.

That's what it sounds like. Kane was with Hino and Toews at that time. For some reason though, I want to say that was the season prior.

Yeah, it was 2 years ago. Kaner and Schmaltz combined for some nice goals this season, when it was difficult to find positives:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Hey you little piece of.. @CallMeShaft !

When I can put my tuxedo on?
Dammit, @migi , why you gotta bring this thread up? I, like pretty much everybody, just forgot all about it because there wasn't much for posts here or votes being cast.

I now understand why HF Hawks mods had the 2016 awards go to everyone. It's simply to hard to do these things if the interest isn't there from this community.

So just assume I won all the positive awards, and the negative awards were won by either CokeNoPepsi or Blackhawks. Fairest way to end this thing IMO.

Reactions: migi

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
Dammit, @migi , why you gotta bring this thread up? I, like pretty much everybody, just forgot all about it because there wasn't much for posts here or votes being cast.

I now understand why HF Hawks mods had the 2016 awards go to everyone. It's simply to hard to do these things if the interest isn't there from this community.

So just assume I won all the positive awards, and the negative awards were won by either CokeNoPepsi or Blackhawks. Fairest way to end this thing IMO.

Awesome. I'm honored to have won Biggest Contributer, Most Intersting, Most Posiyive and Best New Poster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad