HF GM Games Fantasy Mock Draft #3 - Voting, Round 1

Which team would win (select one winner from each pair)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cocoloco

May 27, 2020
Boston Bruins (1A) Dallas Stars (2A) Philadelphia Flyers (3B) Seattle Kraken (4B) Calgary Flames (5A) Colorado Avalanche (6B)Florida Panthers (8B) Los Angeles Kings (9B)Minnesota Wild (10A) Columbus Blue Jackets (11B) Detroit Red Wings (12A)

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
putting aside my love of inflammatory comments, posturing and lol'ing

i do appreciate it when i hear things like "that chart doesn't put enough importance on defensive play", which i have since heard from a few people, so i've addressed that. it had a ripple effect as did a couple other minor edits.

los angeles kings make more sense now

Exquisite

Feb 9, 2016
Devils at the top no matter what.

And my list was proprietary. Not based off of EHM or Panda ratings

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
all i have to do is post another random list, change up a couple things, and call it proprietary to someone else. all proprietary means is that it's owned by someone. so what?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Fair. JM made it a rule in the new one but it's not here, although I'd hope the other sets of siblings would do something similar.
Same, Considering my match up would literally be tied with my wife's vote.
Going to leave my opinions on the results so far to myself.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
putting aside my love of inflammatory comments, posturing and lol'ing

i do appreciate it when i hear things like "that chart doesn't put enough importance on defensive play", which i have since heard from a few people, so i've addressed that. it had a ripple effect as did a couple other minor edits.

los angeles kings make more sense now

"Toronto can't play defence"
Toronto literally moves down one spot.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
voting.jpg

Exquisite

Feb 9, 2016
all i have to do is post another random list, change up a couple things, and call it proprietary to someone else. all proprietary means is that it's owned by someone. so what?

More of an accomplishment to draft a top team according to pandascore/ehm

Then draft a top team based on pandascore/ehm criteria

Obviously if I made goatscorer my team would score #1 but that's expected

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
More of an accomplishment to draft a top team according to pandascore/ehm

Then draft a top team based on pandascore/ehm criteria

Obviously if I made goatscorer my team would score #1 but that's expected
please clarify comparison as you used the same comparative

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

“It’s more impressive to draft a team that ranks highly in PandaScores without using the list than with using the list”

Which is an obvious statement

Reactions: hockeynorth

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I’ll let Llamamoto vote and then we’ll call it, since we have a tied series.

Reactions: Llamamoto49

Exquisite

Feb 9, 2016
Arizona is better than Seattle

If we call G and fwds as even (it's close)

Murray-Letang over Edmundson - Parayko pretty decisively. Edmundson might get 0 playoffs games. Parayko is overrated and unproven in 1D role

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
“It’s more impressive to draft a team that ranks highly in PandaScores without using the list than with using the list”

Which is an obvious statement
that's what i get for skimming

all i read was proprietary list earlier and assumed he was trying to reference that

Exquisite

Feb 9, 2016

If you draft based off of EA score and run a sim, is it really impressive if you score the highest?

If you draft based off your own whims instead of bias and rank high on ehm, ea and pandascore tm, that's a better indicator of drafting ability. Or your bias is supported by those other rankings

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
If you draft based off of EA score and run a sim, is it really impressive if you score the highest?

If you draft based off your own whims instead of bias and rank high on ehm, ea and pandascore tm, that's a better indicator of drafting abilities
i skimmed your post, thought you meant to write that it was more impressive to score well with your proprietary criteria than mine but accidentally wrote mine twice

mine also have nothing to do with ehm, thanks

Exquisite

Feb 9, 2016
i skimmed your post, thought you meant to write that it was more impressive to score well with your proprietary criteria than mine but accidentally wrote mine twice

mine also have nothing to do with ehm, thanks

Latvian does. Devils scored top 4 (3 if dell backup)

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
i still don't draft purely on pandascores btw, but they're a good guide

i am finding that lots of good drafting here is premised on being able to properly predict in what round a player will go in order to maximize value, so the more of these you've done, the better you'll be able to do that

e.g. stastny in the 5th was unprecedented until this game, and i had only played three games prior so it had not been reasonable to expect him to go when he did. for next game, it will be reasonable

Exquisite

Feb 9, 2016
i still don't draft purely on pandascores btw, but they're a good guide

i am finding that lots of good drafting here is premised on being able to properly predict in what round a player will go in order to maximize value, so the more of these you've done, the better you'll be able to do that

e.g. stastny in the 5th was unprecedented until this game, and i had only played three games prior so it had not been reasonable to expect him to go when he did. for next game, it will be reasonable

if Stastny was taken I'd simply go Rust who carries higher value. It doesn't matter what happens you'll draft a strong roster if you're capable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad