HF GM Games Fantasy Mock Draft #3 - Discussion IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Do we have any suggestions for good restrictions?

I’m thinking maybe something like only picking from Canadian teams. Or maybe “southern” teams (below a certain latitude).

Those would be good ones.

Both my restrictions came in at a little over 100 players to choose from. Would not recommend that restricted.

But Canadian teams would give you closer to 200. That might be managable.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Those would be good ones.

Both my restrictions came in at a little over 100 players to choose from. Would not recommend that restricted.

But Canadian teams would give you closer to 200. That might be managable.

Yea I think 200 is a good number to shoot for.

My U25 team was way too many, I overestimated that quite a bit. Comes out to ~400 (although at least 100 would likely never be picked in these games).

Reactions: m0pe

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

I’m thinking maybe something like only picking from Canadian teams. Or maybe “southern” teams (below a certain latitude).

I was originally going to do a Nordic team in this draft but when I saw Swedes and Finns flying off the board in the first few rounds, I decided not to lol

OB5

May 2, 2015

Some that I was considering:

Team USSR
Team QMJHL
Team EU

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
Top 9, top 4, and goalie are set. Pretty happy with the roster so far, lots of two-way talent and pretty balanced.

Ovechkin-Toews-Keller
Palat-Cirelli-Armia
Blais-Copp-Acciari

Fowler-Ekblad
Hanifin-Demers

Blackwood

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Top 9, top 4, and goalie are set. Pretty happy with the roster so far, lots of two-way talent and pretty balanced.

Ovechkin-Toews-Keller
Palat-Cirelli-Armia
Blais-Copp-Acciari

Fowler-Ekblad
Hanifin-Demers

Blackwood
That’s an interesting D core. Not sure how well they’d handle big forechecking teams. But I like the team other than that.

Reactions: BeLeafing

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Jake GuentzelConnor McDavidBlake Coleman (F3/F3)
Tomas TatarCarl Soderberg (F3/F3)Justin Williams
Josh Leivo
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Mark GiordanoSami Vatanen
Vince DunnJustin Faulk
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Tuukka Rask
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
My projected draft board was way less accurate this time (e.g. I did not expect Stastny to go in the 6th let alone the 5th, and I kept finding necessary players sniped by people who knew to trade up. Oh well.

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
That’s an interesting D core. Not sure how well they’d handle big forechecking teams. But I like the team other than that.

The smallest guy is Demers at 6'1, they're all built well and have handled minutes moving the puck effectively against tough competition. I don't foresee that being an issue personally.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Zona's shaping up nicely.

Anders LeeMika ZibanejadTravis Konecny
Nino NiederreiterBrock NelsonTom Wilson
Miles WoodCasey Cizikas
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Ryan MurrayKris Letang
Marcus PetterssonPhilippe Myers
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Semyon Varlamov
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
The smallest guy is Demers at 6'1, they're all built well and have handled minutes moving the puck effectively against tough competition. I don't foresee that being an issue personally.
Sure, but neither Fowler nor Hanifin are particularly physical. They are, however, such amazing skaters to the point that their lack of physicality is basically irrelevant.

Reactions: BeLeafing

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
XXXXXXXX - Sidney Crosby (8.70m) - Brendan Gallagher (3.75m)
Jesper Bratt (749k) - Mikael Backlund (5.35m) - Jakub Voracek (8.25m)
Brandon Saad (6.00m) - Jordan Staal (6.00m) - XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX - XXXXXXXX - XXXXXXXX

Thomas Chabot (863k) - Jeff Petry (5.50m)
Brendan Dillon (3.27m) - XXXXXXX
XXXXXXX - XXXXXXX

Darcy Kuemper (1.85m)
XXXXXXX

just looking at this is a piss off

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
Sure, but neither Fowler nor Hanifin are particularly physical. They are, however, such amazing skaters to the point that their lack of physicality is basically irrelevant.

Fair enough. I've always prioritized puck moving ability and ability to eat tough minutes over physicality. I want the puck out of my zone as quick as possible and to be able to keep it there. I think my D is very effective at doing that.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Thanks!

Yeah last draft was a lot more peaceful without them :laugh:

I like a challenge. But I think I made this one too hard. Much harder than my Team Sweden one which was already pretty rough.

I know I'm not going to win this one, but still a fun idea. Maybe I can be in the running for the "Best Drafter" secondary award lol.
Um I've sniped lots, I should be best drafter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->