Not open for further replies.

Exquisite

Feb 9, 2016
Who'd have thought the most even trade all game would cause so much controversy

Vegas was not fleeced you have a good team with

Hall Pettersson Kessel
Carter

Hedman Hutton Severson.

Top 2 rd picks have high premiums because nobody cares about downgraded 4th liners. And also often times there are guys in the 21st rd i would take over 18th rd picks

Reactions: Panda Bear

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I would really move down my upcoming picks if I could.. latvian.. please
Don't you remember that 11th rounder was conditional on my guy being there at that pick and if so instead of the 11th I give you a 12th, you don't give me the 14th, and you give me a 16th?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Hall Pettersson Kessel
Carter

Hedman Hutton Severson.

Top 2 rd picks have high premiums because nobody cares about downgraded 4th liners. And also often times there are guys in the 21st rd i would take over 18th rd picks

My entire middle 6 is going to be downgraded

Exquisite

Feb 9, 2016
Man I watched every Sharks game. That’s just not true.

I completely failed to make that connection

No wonder you hate this deal. I get it

Yes Meier has more of a chance to flip another switch, I wouldn't have traded him for Tatar either

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017

Hall Pettersson Kessel
Carter

Hedman Hutton Severson.

This is why I wish I had stuck with my guns and made Addison let me give him a 19th + 20th instead of a 16 + 18th. If only I wasn't asleep

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
This is why I wish I had stuck with my guns and made Addison let me give him a 19th + 20th instead of a 16 + 18th. If only I wasn't asleep

This was my biggest contention with that deal. Had I negotiated it, those picks would've been quite higher.

Exquisite

Feb 9, 2016

Lt would wrongfully veto that

You should have drafted Hayes or something with the 7th

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
When those picks come up and you draft fallers you will see it won't impact the team as much as you'd thought

Imo
Yeah honestly my list of available wingers and Cs right now is crazy, I might spend a 12 + 13 + 14 + 14 on finishing my forwards and just go full four line depth mode. Except I need 3 D.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Guentzel-McDavid-Coleman
Tatar-Soderberg-Palmieri

OR

Zucker-McDavid-Palmieri
Gaudreau-Staal-Armia
I don't see how that would have been possible given that Gaudreau went in the second round before my Guentzel pick, getting Staal would have meant using my Giordano pick, and Vatanen pick would have had to be used for Zucker.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Lt would wrongfully veto that

You should have drafted Hayes or something with the 7th
I had no idea Hayes was available then, honestly I was asleep and the first name I saw was Little. Also didn't trust Addison telling me take Nick Schmaltz and I check the next morning and see how much he's produced. Oops.
This was my biggest contention with that deal. Had I negotiated it, those picks would've been quite higher.
Dude I could've had them later if I wasn't in bed! That was the earliest I'd go or deal breaker

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I don't see how that would have been possible given that Gaudreau went in the second round before my Guentzel pick, getting Staal would have meant using my Giordano pick, and Vatanen pick would have had to be used for Zucker.

I'm comparing the last game McDavid forward squad to your current McDavid forward squad.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
@LatvianTwist I was gonna take Robbie Thomas earlier in the draft as 2C but then I remembered I called him a very high end 3C when you had him so I had to not.

I honestly thought he was an absolute steal in that first draft and I got compliments for the pick, but then it seemed to screw me in voting when it actually mattered.

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I honestly thought he was an absolute steal in that first draft and I got compliments for the pick, but then it seemed to screw me in voting when it actually mattered.
I love him, have since Junior man. He was then, I also believe I called Little a 2C which is why I had Little in mind at that pick. He's going to be a heck of a player.

Exquisite

Feb 9, 2016
I love him, have since Junior man. He was then, I also believe I called Little a 2C which is why I had Little in mind at that pick. He's going to be a heck of a player.

If 4 way handshake had fell apart i wouldn't have minded

But being stuck with Little instead of Sanheim would ruin it for me

No offense. I was wondering why Little over other Cs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->