GDT: HF GDT: 11/23/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Stars almost blew the game, but I'm just sad that Heiskanen was inches away from the hat trick on that empty netter that was just wide.

Sensin5

Jan 27, 2013
Your whining might be better received if the "guy with a broken face in a full cage" wasn't trying to start a fight with Lindell.

Wow. Hardly whining. Smith is also a plug, though not quite at Polak type low levels. Impressive that Polak has some little fanboys, though. lol. Not too upset to see Stars finally win one out of the past six games against us. And always great to watch Spezza play. Underappreciated in Dallas. I guess when Roman Polak is getting all the fan attention....

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Wow. Hardly whining. Smith is also a plug, though not quite at Polak type low levels. Impressive that Polak has some little fanboys, though. lol. Not too upset to see Stars finally win one out of the past six games against us.

Dude we're icing 2 career AHL guys in Hanley and Fedun because we have so many injuries. You take Roman Polak out and our whole defense has less than 200 games experience combines and most of that is Lindell .

Roman Polak does what Roman Polak does. He's playing so much because he's better than AHL players. Period.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Canucks need a backup goalie....

Who is this scrub?

Seems like goaltending is in a rut. Just a handful of years ago there were 1A and 1B all over the place.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Agreed. Leaves avs they go from bad to good, leaves sabres they go from bad to good, joins blues they go from good to bad
Stl wasn't good last year though.... Colorado didnt get good after Orielly left, It took time. Buffalo......its not like they just dumped Orielly and got better.

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
zmxj69.gif

I guess this is why he’s a playmaker.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Stl wasn't good last year though.... Colorado didnt get good after Orielly left, It took time. Buffalo......its not like they just dumped Orielly and got better.
Buffalo just happened this summer... They added Skinner and lost ROR and started winning games.

St. Louis has a good team, bad goal tending and bad coaching but they were expected to be better after added ROR

The funny thing is Buffalos goalie who is playing well so far as a #1 used to play in stl

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Buffalo just happened this summer... They added Skinner and lost ROR and started winning games.

St. Louis has a good team, bad goal tending and bad coaching but they were expected to be better after added ROR

The funny thing is Buffalos goalie who is playing well so far as a #1 used to play in stl
I'd say adding Skinner and a Goalie has more to do with it then losing Orielly.

Really is a dumb narrative

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
I'd say adding Skinner and a Goalie has more to do with it then losing Orielly.

Really is a dumb narrative
Whatever... sucks for ROR that his former teams are sitting in a playoff spot right now and his team is competing with LA for worst in the west

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Good to see that Neal still has a nifty 4 points for Calgary in 23 games....that projects for a solid season right there !!! Wonderful signing!

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
If they were calling interference the Oilers would have been on the PP for 40 minutes of the game.

If they called all the interference against the Oilers and Gretzky in his playing career he'd have 1000 more points. You have to battle through at this level and take the calls you get.

Sensin5

Jan 27, 2013
Dude we're icing 2 career AHL guys in Hanley and Fedun because we have so many injuries. You take Roman Polak out and our whole defense has less than 200 games experience combines and most of that is Lindell .

Roman Polak does what Roman Polak does. He's playing so much because he's better than AHL players. Period.

You have seen our alleged "defence", right? Potentially record breaking and I think it has about the same or less experience. The one who has lots of it (Ceci) plays like he's about to be sent down FROM the AHL. My main point is, however, that I don't like Roman Polak and I think he does stupid things. Most fans of teams he plays on tend to feel the same way. Best we leave it at that.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
You have seen our alleged "defence", right? Potentially record breaking and I think it has about the same or less experience. The one who has lots of it (Ceci) plays like he's about to be sent down FROM the AHL. My main point is, however, that I don't like Roman Polak and I think he does stupid things. Most fans of teams he plays on tend to feel the same way. Best we leave it at that.

He was signed as the #7 but now 4 of our top 6 are injured and he's beeing relied on. He's actually done well at it but its not like this was part of the plan and yes he will rough up people and make dirty plays at times . Thats who he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese