HF Game of the Year 2018 - Red Dead Redemption 2 Wins

HF Game of the Year 2018?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I didn't find a lot of super interesting random games this year, unlike years past. I'm afraid I'll have to be unoriginal and copy-paste from the Game Awards, with a few omissions: RDR2, Spider-Man, God of War, and Celeste are far and away my top 4.

I wrote RDR2 as #1 in the Best of 2018 thread, but God of War is a dark horse contender for me now that I'm finally getting to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SniperHF

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
1) Marvel's Spider-Man
2) Super Smash Bros: Ultimate
3) Red Dead Redemption 2
4) Dead Cells
5) Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Since I haven't finished RDR2 yet it would be unfare and unwarranted on my part to put it here.

So God of War for me.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Since I haven't finished RDR2 yet it would be unfare and unwarranted on my part to put it here.

Probably leaving nominations open a week or maybe 2, so people can potentially play Smash Brothers or finish games or what not. Though obviously that ones a little longer on the time scale :laugh:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Monster Hunter: World
Dead Cells
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Hitman 2
Tetris Effect
Into the Breach
Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st]
Dragon Ball FighterZ
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna – The Golden Country
Shadow of the Colossus (remake, maybe shouldn't count?)

Late release but I really want to check out GRIS when it comes out.

Last edited:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
1) God of War

2) Into the Breach

3) Forza Horizon 4

4) The Messenger

5) Red Dead Redemption 2

6) Marvel's Spider-Man

7) Dead Cells

8) Dragon Quest XI

9) Hitman 2

10) Octopath Traveler

Do add-ons count? If so, Destiny 2: Forsaken

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I nominate Subnautica. I'm a bit disappointed that it hasn't been mentioned yet, but I can sort of understand why, since it was released way back in January and was a PC exclusive. XB1 and PS4 versions were released just last week. I highly recommend it to console gamers, especially those who liked No Man's Sky, but wished that it had more of a story. It's the best underwater game that I've ever played.

Into the Breach

It's nice to see someone else here who enjoyed that as much as I did. It's such a beautifully simple, yet very addictive strategy game.

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I really enjoyed Subnautica.

It generated a sense of awe as you played, which is a rare thing.

Aside from the plot (which was sort of reminiscent of The Dig), just the sheer joy of exploring the stunning aquatic world was something I won't soon forget.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I really enjoyed Subnautica.

It generated a sense of awe as you played, which is a rare thing.

Aside from the plot (which was sort of reminiscent of The Dig), just the sheer joy of exploring the stunning aquatic world was something I won't soon forget.

Yeah, it's rare to have moments of awe in games any more, especially late into a graphics generation like this, but Subnautica managed it. Playing it satisfied a lifelong dream to explore the depths like Captain Nemo in 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

I was meaning to start a thread to coincide with the release on XB1 and Ps4, but forgot. Console gamers shouldn't miss out due to the late port and lack of marketing.

I'm excited to read that a standalone expansion (Subnautica: Below Zero) is due in 2019. It takes place in the arctic, which sounds cool... literally.

Last edited:
Reactions: 50 Sheas of Grey

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Obviously Fallout 76.

But seriously, my only contribution really is RDR2. I’ve mostly just played FIFA/MLB/NHL and a bunch of old games this year

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Red Dead Redenption 2
God of War
Spider-Man
Detroit Become Human
Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Z-Diddy

Mar 20, 2004
Uh... Brooklyn!
Dragon Ball FighterZ

As someone who's purchased this game on two different platforms along with their respective full DLC character packages, I can't say enough about how close this comes to a complete enjoyable fighting game experience. Easy and intuitive combo pathways allow entry level players to have a fun time, to complex evolving meta that high level players still uncover all within a balanced cast and fantastic visuals for any fan or gamer alike.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
It's nice to see someone else here who enjoyed that as much as I did. It's such a beautifully simple, yet very addictive strategy game.

I downloaded it on Switch when it was on sale last week. Looking forward to really digging into it after I am done with Smash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->