Fantasy Sports: HF Flyers ??? League III (We Are Picking New Site)

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
Hey all, bender28 (That's What G Said) has informed me that he feels he can't keep up with the league adequately and would like to put his team up for a new GM.

Anybody reading this thread have any interest?

Are you going to adjust his lineup until a new GM is found? or would you like me to do it? (obviously not during the weeks he plays me)

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
Still looking to trade some top prospects, notably Ryan Strome and Nick Bjugstad.

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
Well, that was fun. Finally got a victory after coming in 2nd every year.

Was a bit of a hollow victory though, as the other team, Dead Men, skating, wasnt even active during the championship week.

I really dont see this league surviving as only half of us were active all year. Which is a shame.

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
Finding replacements is easier said than done. We needed 3 this season and only managed to find 2.

By my count we need about 6 or 7 next season. That is going to be rough, and I cant do it on my own.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Well here's my keepers if we can keep this league going.

Keepers
Rick Nash
Anze Kopitar
Ryan Getzlaf
Ryan Kesler
Eric Staal
TJ Oshie
John Carlson
Justin Faulk

Prospects
Alex Barkov
Evegeny Kuznetsov
Curtis Lazar
Anthony Duclair
William Nylander
Nik Ehlers
Christian Dvorak
Markus Granlund
Jake Allen
Cam Talbot

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
If the league survives, which I do hope it does. We will switch to Yahoo.
Yahoo does not have separate "minor/prospect" slots. So we'd have to change keeper numbers around. Probably just adding an extra 10 slots so we can keep our numbers.

They do have an N/A slot which works much like DL. So, we'd probably just add 10 N/A slots. But then, it becomes an issue if a player is no longer considered N/A (after being moved up to the NHL team)..

Anyway, some discussion would need to be had, but first there is the matter of replacing the non-active managers.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
It's really a fun league if everyone participates. The first couple years were excellent but activity has definitely dropped off.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I always forgot about Fantrax. It's just not one of those sites that I typically visit, I had no problem checking my ESPN / Yahoo leagues this season. I apologize.

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
I always forgot about Fantrax. It's just not one of those sites that I typically visit, I had no problem checking my ESPN / Yahoo leagues this season. I apologize.

So you'd be more active then if we had a yahoo league? That would be one less manager we'd have to replace if so..

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yeah, we are gonna need to switch over to a different site; Fantrax is off the beaten path for everyone, and as commisioner...good lord, did it give me some headaches. Whether or not I'll be able to remain commissioner, or even active, remains to be seen.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
I don't see what's so bad about bookmarking the league site and setting your lineup once a week, but I'm on board with whatever will make people active.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We are going to be picking a new site. This likely means we are gonna lose the prospects section, which sucks for me because I had a couple prospects that looked like they were close to being ready :laugh:

I'm going to add a poll in a bit. I think we'll be choosing between Yahoo and ESPN. My own personal preference is Yahoo but I'll put it to a vote.

Edit: And depending on how much trouble we have getting replies and such...we may have to start a fresh league. I think beyond being on Fantrax, there are also people who don't want to inherit a poor team in a Keeper league.

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
Yahoo would be my vote.

I am not sure about starting over. There are no bad teams. Any active manager can make a good team.

Half of the teams who finished at the bottom only did so because no one set lineups. I would of easily lost another 5 games if the opposing manager had been around.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
if you guys switch over to yahoo, and are in need of another team, let me know. i've been playing yahoo fantasy hockey for like 10 years and i'm always looking for fun, competitive leagues to join. :)

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
We'll definitely need another manager, or 5, that's a given.

cool. I'd love to join. yahoo fantasy hockey is very addictive. I highly recommend it for those who haven't tried it yet. the app is pretty great too. far better than espn's.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
cool. I'd love to join. yahoo fantasy hockey is very addictive. I highly recommend it for those who haven't tried it yet. the app is pretty great too. far better than espn's.

Fantrax's app was so so brutal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad