Fantasy Sports: HF Flyers ??? League III (We Are Picking New Site)

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The 2013-2014 regular season winner is JVR21!
The 2013-2014 playoff champion is Dead Men Skating!

The 2012-2013 regular season winner is JVR21!
The 2012-2013 playoff champion is JVR21!

Tanking

Tanking, otherwise known as purposely losing for the purpose of getting a good draft pick, is not forbidden. However, if I notice that too many teams are tanking too heavily in any season then I will have to consider forbidding it.

Although tanking is not forbidden, I do expect any and all teams to put out a full active roster daily. If I notice that that's not happening then you will be replaced.

Keepers

Number of keepers is eight total and there is no requirements for who those keepers have to be. So, using a purely hypothetical and ridiculous example, you could keep eight goalies or eight forwards or eight d-men if you wanted to. Doesn't matter.

Also, all prospects (with the maximum being 10) are included as automatic keepers in addition to your other eight. So make sure anyone under 82 games played is in your minors as long as you have room for them. If you don't have room for them in your minors then you'll have to use a keeper spot on them if you want to keep them. Fantrax, at the time of this writing, does not have a method of keeping all prospects at the moment so you must tell me who your prospects are when keepers are submitted as I'll have to add them to your roster manually.

Roster Setup

The roster setup is going to be the same as the NHL except with more reserve spots. The active roster is as follows:

4 C/4 LW/4 RW/6 D/2 G

Plus five reserve spots for a total of a 25 man roster. There is no limit on the number of players you can have at any position.

Draft Picks and the Draft

New in bold:

The Prospect Draft has been done away with; prospects are now available to draft in the regular draft. Everyone has an established prospect pool now, so it seems superfluous. Additional rounds will be added to accommodate the extra potential picks.

The pro draft will not have a lottery and instead people will choose their place in the draft starting from the bottom of the standings and working our way upwards to first place.

Both drafts are and will always be serpentine.

Prospects

This is how the prospect system will function:

There is a minimum number of 0 minor league players and a maximum number of 10. Players qualify for minor league status if they have played under 82 NHL games. Prospects who match or exceed 82 games can be kept in the minors. However, once they are called up, they cannot be sent back down.

All Other Rules

All other rules can be found on the Fantrax site under "league settings".

2013 Prospect Draft

Round 1

1) Loser918: Nathan Mackinnon
2) Beef Invictus: Jonathon Drouin
3) Dead Men Skating: Seth Jones
4) Girouxsalem: Aleksander Barkov
5) JVR21: Valeri Nichushkin
6) Adeptus Astartus: Sean Monahan
7) Wu-Tang Clan: Elias Lindholm
8) HollywoodCannon: Bo Horvat
9) Just The Tip: Rasmus Ristolainen
10) Last Place: Max Domi
11) That's What G Said: Alexander Wennberg
12) 2 Goalies 1 Cup: Ryan Pulock

Round 2

1) 2 Goalies 1 Cup: Hunter Shinkaruk
2) That's What G Said:
3) Last Place: Andre Burakovsky
4) Just The Tip: Josh Morrissey
5) Hollywood Cannon: Zach Fucale
6) Wu-Tang Clan: Anthony Mantha
7) Adeptus Astartes: Richard Panik
8) JVR21: Kerby Rychel
9) Girouxsalem: Curtis Lazar
10) Dead Men Skating:Marko Dano
11) Beef Invictus:Frédérik Gauthier
12) Loser918:Samuel Morin

Round 3

1) Loser918:Ryan Hartman
2) Beef Invictus: Robert Hagg
3) Dead Men Skating: *SKIPPED*
4) Girouxsalem:Vlad Namestnikov
5) Adeptus Astartus:Brandon Pirri
6) Wu-Tang Clan:Jacob de la Rose
7) HollywoodCannon:Justin Bailey
8) Just The Tip:Valentin Zykov
9) Last Place: Steve Santini
10) 2 Goalies 1 Cup:*SKIPPED*

Round 4

1) 2 Goalies 1 Cup: *SKIPPED*
2) Last Place: Petr Mrazek
4) Wu-Tang Clan: Tyler Biggs
5) Adeptus Astartes: Anthony Stolarz
6) Beef Invictus:*SKIPPED*
7) Loser918:*SKIPPED*
8)Last Place: Karri Ramo

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Bolded text (aside from headers) is changes. I bumped back the prospect draft, which originally occurred right after the regular draft. I originally wanted it to occur around the time of camp so people could see who's invited and get a chance to read a little while it goes on, but I'm not positive we'll have time.

Another reason for bumping the prospect draft back: I want to bump back the regular draft. That gives us a chance to see how some real world moves work out.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yeah, there's just no way I'm going to do the math for making games played this year count for 1.70833333333 full season games. So they'll just count the same as if it's a full season. Besides, it's all the same anyways.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
Posting again in the new thread:

It's that time of year to sell off some of my players for picks. I've got a lot of keeper-worthy guys, but only 8 spots to keep them.

Keeper-worthy guys:
Patrick Kane*
Claude Giroux*
Evgeni Malkin*
Phil Kessel*
Erik Karlsson*
Henrik Zetterberg
Taylor Hall
Nazem Kadri
Jamie Benn
Joe Thornton
Dion Phaneuf
Jaromor Jagr

Antii Niemi
Corey Crawford
Mike Smith

All players without an * next to their names are available.

Niemi was 1st overall in fantasy points for all players in fantasy hockey. Crawford was 13th.

Zetterberg was 21st of all skaters, Hall 28th, Kadri 32nd, etc. Phaneuf was 2nd out of all defensemen.

Simple math indicates all of these guys would be in the top portion of keepers on most teams. I'll probably end up taking the best offer(highest draft pick) I get for each.

Feel free to PM me on here or the league to discuss deals.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Just The Tip is entering rebuild mode since my team is meh.

Are prospect picks allowed to be traded?

Feel free to send proposals and gift baskets

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Are we going 82 games to the day, or 82 games from the start of next season qualifying as 'prospect'

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Are we going 82 games to the day, or 82 games from the start of next season qualifying as 'prospect'

I might be missing your meaning here, but 82 NHL games total in their career. So once a prospect has cobbled together a full regular season worth of NHL games, they aren't considered a prospect anymore for our purposes.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
I might be missing your meaning here, but 82 NHL games total in their career. So once a prospect has cobbled together a full regular season worth of NHL games, they aren't considered a prospect anymore for our purposes.
He's asking if a player has less than 82 games played at the beginning of the season if they're considered a prospect for the whole year or if once they reach 83 games, even if it is midseason, they are no longer a prospect.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
He's asking if a player has less than 82 games played at the beginning of the season if they're considered a prospect for the whole year or if once they reach 83 games, even if it is midseason, they are no longer a prospect.

They way I've been doing it, if you leave them down, that's fine; they can stay there. But once they're called up, they have to stay up.

I haven't yet made a decision for what happens in the offseason, since this is my first offseason...but I have to come to one soon.

Right now the options are, once a player exceeds 82 games, they can't be listed as a prospect that offseason and you must decide if they're a keeper or dropped.

The other option, and the one I'm leaning towards, is that you can keep them down. Since we are GMs here, it gives us the ability to decide when we want to call one of our developing guys up onto the big team...so more flexibility for us, with the 82 game limit acting like a hardcore form of waivers; once you want them off the team for someone else, that's it, they're in the wild. Again though, once they're up, they can't go back down. So basically, if a player has under 82 games, you can jam them in the minors until you need them, but once you bring them up and they have more than 82, you can't send them down.

Now, I am concerned with the issue of keeper rule circumvention because of the 48 game season. But then again, few rookies play a full 82 games in a normal first season anyways, so it's not impossible for a star rookie to be hidden in the minors after they play 81 games anyhow.

Thoughts and such are appreciated and wanted.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Ok. I think I've renewed the league. I don't think our draft picks look right. Actually, the list looks completely different from the one in the last season. I think Neil was wrong.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
How does the keeper work? Do we submit a list here or on fantrax?

I'm pretty sure last year we designated them on Fantrax. Almost positive. I'm not seeing that option though, so I guess I better poke around and make sure, otherwise I'll have to do them manually after people post them here.

Also, the draft picks are wrong. I think Neil from Fantrax has some splaining to do.

Thirdly, does anybody have thoughts on the prospect-related post I made above?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Ok. Directions for marking your Keepers.

On that bar near the top of the Fantrax screen, there is a Team section. Click on that, and go to Keeper Admin.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
Before you select your keepers, remember that I'm trading off guys that are undoubtedly better than most of your keepers. All I want is a pick for each, or two lower ones if you prefer. I could also do something like me trading player X and a 3rd round pick for your 1st round pick or lower depending on the player.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Eh. Not seeing anything now, but I'm tired. I'll look more tomorrow. Might have to just get people to make a list and I'll have to mark the keepers.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm pretty sure we all just posted them on HF last year

Yeah, I think you're right. I probably just remember clicking off keepers because I was a co-commisioner and helped GG out.

So...post your keeper list here, by the 15th. Make sure you include what team you represent, my memory isn't good enough to get it right.

Other News:

I've decided, for simplicity's sake, that prospects who exceed 82 games can be kept in the minors. However, once they are called up, they cannot be sent back down.

I had a concern about this rule, but decided it's something that will likely happen no matter what anyways. I doubt anybody will really complain about this.

In Other Other News

Fantrax has not fixed our draft pick situation, and annoyingly, the league didn't automatically calculate draft picks based on the playoffs. I'll correct that when I can. The current draft order listed is incorrect. I think our good friend Neil at Fantrax failed to import our pick info from the old league like he said he did, so I have to continue bothering them. I'm thinking it's time to see if there's a phone number to call, because email isn't working and I don't think anybody has really understood the issue.

I mentioned a few times I was tinkering with the idea of introducing a draft pick lottery for non playoff teams. I have since decided this would be a stupid idea, since it would involve so few teams. If I think several teams are tanking on purpose, though, I'll use a lottery to counteract that.

SOG will be added as a tracked stat for the coming season.

Edit: There's a solid, solid chance Neil screwed up the draft pick situation even worse, now that I'm digging through the old league. I'm adding him to my Fantrax Helper **** List along with Austin. We will no longer refer to him as a friend.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->