HF Fantasy Draft Talk pt3

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
:nucks

Andreas Athanasious(3)-Nathan MacKinnon(6.3)-Filip Zadina(0.894)
Alex Iafallo(2.425)-Bo Horvat(5.5)-Evgeni Dadonov(5.00)
Derick Brassard(1.2)-Quinton Byfield(0.925)-Tyler Johnson(5.00)
Tyler Motte-xxx-xxx

Nate Schmidt(5.95)-Neil Pionk(3.00)
Nick Leddy(5.5)-Brandon Montour(3.85)
xxx-Mark Pysyk(0.75)

Tristan Jarry(3.5)
James Reimer

@SJSharks39 you can make another pick for this team if you want, @Retinalz is busy today

Someone high cap ideally so they hit the floor

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Opinion time. I think the top nine for my Pens is set but should I consider switching anyone up?

Taylor Hall-William Karlsson-Kirill Kaprizov
Brady Tkachuk-Brock Nelson-Josh Bailey
Yanni Gourde-Colin White-Colton Sissons

-Hall's line is built around him, which is funny since I traded for two out of the three players. Hall's always been a bit of a lone ranger so having a two-way center like Karlsson to babysit him and a super talented dual threat in Kaprizov feels right to me. It could be a speedy line that really kills in transition.

-The second line is more a heavy unit, with the smallest of the three being Bailey at 6'1 215. I see them going up against top lines and being an absolute pain to play against both defensively and physically. It's almost like a hyper shutdown line in a way that can still put up points.

-Line three was a weird one to put together how I did it. Gourde being a swiss army knife actually made it harder because of how many options I had. I know a couple people hated the value I got in my trade for White but IMO he makes it all come together- Gourde has scored 20+ two of the last three years, so what he really needs is someone that can pass him the puck. However, White's not great yet on the draw yet, so Sissons is there to help (career 53%) plus play heavy hockey.

Gourde again being able to play both wings is really useful, so maybe there's a chance he bumps someone a line up and that lets me drop a player like Tkachuk or Kap to the third where they could be really overpowering. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
Opinion time. I think the top nine for my Pens is set but should I consider switching anyone up?

Taylor Hall-William Karlsson-Kirill Kaprizov
Brady Tkachuk-Brock Nelson-Josh Bailey
Yanni Gourde-Colin White-Colton Sissons

I think the way you have it listed is the only viable setup IMO. Nelson/Bailey have to stick together, Tkachuk is too good to drop to L3, so the only potential option to drop would be Kaprizov to transition him to easier minutes in the NHL. But the look of Gourde on L1 is just too unappealing. So I think you're almost forced to keep it as is.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
I think the way you have it listed is the only viable setup IMO. Nelson/Bailey have to stick together, Tkachuk is too good to drop to L3, so the only potential option to drop would be Kaprizov to transition him to easier minutes in the NHL. But the look of Gourde on L1 is just too unappealing. So I think you're almost forced to keep it as is.

Thanks, that's what I figured. Gourde's best season offensively came when playing wing on Point's line in 2018, but he obviously had Stammer and Kuch to shelter him a lot from top pairings/lines. I'm not worried about Kaprizov at all because he's the only rookie forward and will have experienced hands all around him plus has killed a hard league already (twice).

Last edited:

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Who knows how well Barabanov will adjust to the NHL, but getting him in the 18th feels like a steal to me.

People may look at his stats this year and think that his year previous was a one off, but that's Russia for you: your coach decides you're on a line, and you stay there forever.

Reactions: hockeynorth

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
Who knows how well Barabanov will adjust to the NHL, but getting him in the 18th feels like a steal to me.

People may look at his stats this year and think that his year previous was a one off, but that's Russia for you: your coach decides you're on a line, and you stay there forever.

I honestly don't know much about the player, but it doesn't seem like many Leafs fans have him penciled into the lineup. I've read his speed is good but people wonder if there is really any upside there. He has been over here in Toronto practicing though I believe.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I think Barabanov could up 28-36 (so specific) over a full season as a complementary winger bouncing around the bottom nine.

He's not as good as Mikheyev, but he's in the same ballpark.

Reactions: BeLeafing

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I didn't even realize Glass was still available.

I like my Liam Foudy pick though. He was really effective as a 3rd-line guy in the playoffs. Johan Larsson is also the perfect defensive 4C for my Habs.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Hague would have been a great fit for both of my teams.

Slavin, Parayko, Nurse, and Zadorov on Carolina makes it an already huge defense.

My other team has Theodore, who played very well with Hague this past year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad