HF Fantasy Draft Talk Pt2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
How should I set up my D for Anaheim?

Shea Theodore (5.200) - Jared Spurgeon (7.575)
Adam Larsson (4.167) - Brandon Carlo (2.850)
Victor Mete (0.735) - Matt Benning (1.000)

I'm considering switching Spurgeon with Carlo, it'll put a puck-mover and a shutdown guy on each pairing.
Just play everyone on their strong sides.

Victor Mete - Shea Theodore
XXXXX - Jared Spurgeon
XXXXX - Brandon Carlo
XXXXX - Adam Larsson
XXXXX - Matt Benning

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
He's played exclusively on the right side during his time with Vegas.

You have 5 RD and 1 LD.

That's because of their imbalance of RD and LD. McNabb, [Redacted], [Redacted], [Redacted], and Martinez are all LDs. When Theodore plays with Schmidt he plays the left side.

And Vegas has kind of proven that handedness doesn't mean too much when it comes to defensemen.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
Wait...why did you change Ferraro (solid LD) to Benning?

I thought my Adam Larsson for Marcus Petterson deal was going to happen, so I took Benning to make a nice 3rd pairing with Mete.

The talks fell through, but I might still be able to pull it off.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
I think I have a decent idea to speed up rounds 17-20. The draft always loses momentum at that point and these rounds take forever to complete.

Basically we could just merge these in two mega rounds. Starting at round 17, the guy with the first pick of the round takes two players (so three players in that guy’s case with the round 16 pick), the next guy takes two, the guy with the last pick of the 17th and the usual first pick of the 18th wheels 4 players, and on.

I think this is fair and no one cares who are their 12th forwards and backup goalie anyway.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I think I have a decent idea to speed up rounds 17-20. The draft always loses momentum at that point and these rounds take forever to complete.

Basically we could just merge these in two mega rounds. Starting at round 17, the guy with the first pick of the round takes two players (so three players in that guy’s case with the round 16 pick), the next guy takes two, the guy with the last pick of the 17th and the usual first pick of the 18th wheels 4 players, and on.

I think this is fair and no one cares who are their 12th forwards and backup goalie anyway.
I'd say we just roll with a 30 minute clock from here on out.

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
I think the 30 minute clock is the most fair, especially for people who made trades in this range.

(Although I don't mind opening it up for the 20th round)

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
Was proud of you for a second @Llamamoto you have now disappointed me. Ferraro will show this season he is a top 4 D.

I'm already regretting it haha.

I thought I had a RD for LD deal coming up, and I needed Benning to balance that out. The deal kinda fell through, and now I'm stuck with Larsson playing the left side.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
I'm already regretting it haha.

I thought I had a RD for LD deal coming up, and I needed Benning to balance that out. The deal kinda fell through, and now I'm stuck with Larsson playing the left side.

except you aren't hmmm

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
I would rather do that. Can't trade a player already traded for though. damn rules

You should have saved Palmieri for me...

Although the no-3 way trades rule really hurt me. I had a trade lined up with Mullet and BumDum that was something along the lines of:

BumDum: Carlo
Mullet: Manson + pick upgrade
Me: Toews

If I had Toews + Larsson my team might be the best in the game lol.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014

Agreed no difference in skill for these remaining players

Reactions: Kent Nilsson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad