Not open for further replies.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
:nashville

Andrei Svechnikov - Jack Eichel - Travis Konecny
Denis Gurianov
- Roope Hintz - Oliver Bjorkstrand

Ryan Suter - Erik Cernak

This team's top-6 might be the best in the game. I love the top-line. Defense can defend but it will probably be ugly, as will the goaltending. Hopefully they can outscore their issues. This was my more experimental team.

:habs

Nikolaj Ehlers - Auston Matthews
- Pavel Buchnevich
Jake DeBrusk
- Logan Couture - XXXXX

Hampus Lindholm - Brandon Carlo
Jakob Chychrun -
XXXXX

I really like the balance of this team. Offense is great, defense is solid, and I'll nab a decent starter pretty soon. Like my other team, I went a bit too hard on defensive defensemen. Not sure why, I just felt they were the best defensemen available when I took them. Hopefully I can get a PMD to play with Chychrun on Pairing 2.
Switch Ehlers and DeBrusk.

Both teams are pretty damn good. Gurianov-Hintz-Bjorkstrand is really interesting--wish it were real.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
:cbj
Jamie Benn / Tyler Seguin / RW
Teuvo Teravianen / Pierre-Luc Dubois / RW
LW / Martin Necas / RW
LW / C / RW

D / Shea Weber
D / Ryan Pulock
D / D

Robin Lehner
G

This team I drafted more standard I would say. I have 2 lines that I would be happy to have as top lines which I like a lot. I traded down a lot with this team I found

Teravainen at 74 and Pulock at 119 were my favorite picks.

Missing out on Bjorkstrand really sucked a lot. Losing Pelech hurt but man Bjorkstrand :(
Somehow I have Gallagher instead of one of Petry or Pulock. I really believe that your best two defencemen should be on separate pairings most of the time, so this looks really good.

Not huge on Dallas, but I have to accept that Seguin was playing with, like, four injuries throughout the playoffs.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
C. Giroux - B. Schenn - xxx
xxx - K. Hayes - B. Rust
xxx - xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx - xxx

I. Provorov - P. Myers
xxx - M. Heiskanen
xxx - xxx

C. Hart
xxx

Wanted to see how close you can get to drafting an actual above-average NHL team but para ruined some of my plans. At the cost of not having Couturier I have an additional elite D in Heiskanen so along with Provorov I always a dman on ice who engines offense and is reliable against any line. The forwards are both responsible and tough to play against in typical Flyers fashion.

:wings

B. Tkachuk - M. Zibanejad - J. Eberle
xxx - D. Larkin - A. DeBrincat
xxx - Y. Gourde - xxx
xxx - xxx - xxx

Z. Werenski - xxx
xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx

J. Gibson
xxx

Insane PP1 supported by elite goalie. I’ll probably go three scoring lines and see how to vote reacts to a very offense minded team.
I can see the above team working really well even though the only semblance of 'sexy' is when Giroux is on the powerplay, while Provorov and Heiskanen on different pairs is such a gift.

For the other, I don't think John Gibson was a great pick, but maybe he'll bounce back to 17-18 form next year? Maybe? The offence is superb though.

Scholarships

10 Piece
Apr 3, 2016
C. Giroux - B. Schenn - xxx
xxx - K. Hayes - B. Rust
xxx - xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx - xxx

I. Provorov - P. Myers
xxx - M. Heiskanen
xxx - xxx

C. Hart
xxx

Wanted to see how close you can get to drafting an actual above-average NHL team but para ruined some of my plans. At the cost of not having Couturier I have an additional elite D in Heiskanen so along with Provorov I always a dman on ice who engines offense and is reliable against any line. The forwards are both responsible and tough to play against in typical Flyers fashion.

This team really reminds me of mid 2010s Nashville. I'm a big fan of Philippe Myers and not much needs to be said about Provorov and Heiskanen. I think if this team exists IRL it could do some damage

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
There is a very ridiculous player left that shouldn't be (and I fully expect @BeLeafing to take them now), and I don't wanna take him bc I don't need him, but if he gets to me I may be forced.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
I can see the above team working really well even though the only semblance of 'sexy' is when Giroux is on the powerplay, while Provorov and Heiskanen on different pairs is such a gift.

For the other, I don't think John Gibson was a great pick, but maybe he'll bounce back to 17-18 form next year? Maybe? The offence is superb though.

Bro Gibson is a top5 goalie you rely too much on stats (but I love you) and disregard that Anaheim has no attack and no D.

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
There is a very ridiculous player left that shouldn't be (and I fully expect @BeLeafing to take them now), and I don't wanna take him bc I don't need him, but if he gets to me I may be forced.

No I'm playing it safe with this one. There are a couple guys that should be gone by now, but I wouldn't say either are unexplainable.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Any of Hampus Lindholm, Jakob Chychrun, or Brandon Carlo can be had in a swap for a more offensive defenseman of similar calibre. Not too picky about handedness or cap hit.

PM me if you're interested. Someone, please. I'm tired of having so many excellent defensive defensemen.

Reactions: DropTheGloves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad