HF Devils Official ‘18-19 Ticket/Prudential Center Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
you know i always enter that contest thinking the seats would be amazing he does say they are "pretty great" seats. then a guy replied with a pic of them the other game and they really weren't that impressive for the devils president tickets that is

I consider around 10 rows from the ice on the blue line pretty good.

Don't enter if you think they are lousy seats.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
So has anyone tried to use the membership card from last year yet? I really hope you don’t need to bring that huge plastic one they mailed this year to use the food credit (assuming there is still one).

I’m pretty sure they got rid of food credit altogether. Can anyone else confirm?

Reactions: Satans Hockey

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
I’m pretty sure they got rid of food credit altogether. Can anyone else confirm?

First year I won't have one as a STH. Highest value card I ever got was $750. Didn't have to pay for any concessions the entire season almost.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Yes you're supposed to show the big card now for the discount plus the season ticket holder entry lines as well which are pointless because they close them 15-20 mins before the game when it would be most useful. I'm barely ever there that early because I don't need to see warm-ups.

It's a silly ploy to get you in the arena earlier to hopefully spend more money inside.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
First year I won't have one as a STH. Highest value card I ever got was $750. Didn't have to pay for any concessions the entire season almost.

A smart play would be to offer STH either a % discount on food purchases or allow us to essentially buy food credits at a discount. At least something to incentivize us to eat in the arena. It’s too costly inside for 20+ games and too convenient to eat elsewhere.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Yeah, they are out to get us .

They have said so themselves over the years about wanting fans to spend more time in the arena which has a bit to do with why they have also been upgrading the arena over the years to create the "experience" they refer to frequently as well.

Similar to why promotional night items have limited quantities and why other themed nights like dollar hot dog night were limited to a certain time frame before the game. This isn't a Devils thing, it's a sports wide thing and isn't a knock on the Devils either.

It gets people in the door and if they know they already have their STH committed to spending money with the team, they know they can likely squeeze some more money out by getting them in the building earlier.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
A smart play would be to offer STH either a % discount on food purchases or allow us to essentially buy food credits at a discount. At least something to incentivize us to eat in the arena. It’s too costly inside for 20+ games and too convenient to eat elsewhere.

I know the Lightning have a program like this and it's a pretty sizable discount. I remember seeing items on the concessions list being anywhere from $2 to $5 less and that included discounted beer for STH.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
They have said so themselves over the years about wanting fans to spend more time in the arena which has a bit to do with why they have also been upgrading the arena over the years to create the "experience" they refer to frequently as well.

Similar to why promotional night items have limited quantities and why other themed nights like dollar hot dog night were limited to a certain time frame before the game. This isn't a Devils thing, it's a sports wide thing and isn't a knock on the Devils either.

It gets people in the door and if they know they already have their STH committed to spending money with the team, they know they can likely squeeze some more money out by getting them in the building earlier.

Yep, it's understandable why teams want fans to arrive early.

But, fans are not forced to buy stuff if they don't want to.

I have suggested to Hugh Weber that they offer discounted food and beverages from 5:30 to 6:30 and also book acoustic bands in the concourse bar areas to give fans a reason to enter earlier.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
What is Student Rush pricing this season?

Well, here is one example for tomorrow night vs SH. :laugh: The SH price is without fees. With fees, it's still only $33 for 2nd row in 130.

IMG_3645.PNG
IMG_3646.jpg

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Well, here is one example for tomorrow night vs SH. :laugh: The SH price is without fees. With fees, it's still only $33 for 2nd row in 130.

View attachment 146975 View attachment 146977

Good grief, that's just embarrassing.

Honestly, they should skip "student rush" for games when they cant offer a price < secondary market.

College kids get technology, you're not going to trick them into buying pricier tickets, nor should in the spirit of the program, you want to.

EDIT: Also, looks like they increased prices on student rush too then, right? Werent the only $50+ tickets in the Lower Bowl last season? IIRC, everything above lowers was $20 to $35.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Last years student rush tickets were a good value, this year not so much

They are no longer in the $20-$25 range for the 200 level ?

200 level corner seats for $25 for students seems like a good idea to sell some tickets and add energy to the building

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Some good deals on Ticketexchange for tonight

Section 15, Row-5, $56 plus fees, 2 seats
Section 10, Row-17, $34 plus fees, 2 seats
Section-17, Row-18, $45 plus fees, 17 seats
Section 129, Row-2, $32 plus fees, 2 seats (center ice)

Lots of other good deals on TicketExchange (and probably Stubhub)

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2010
NJ
They are no longer in the $20-$25 range for the 200 level ?

200 level corner seats for $25 for students seems like a good idea to sell some tickets and add energy to the building
40$ for 200’s and 50$ (before fees) for defend twice balacony for a Tuesday night vs the stars! Same for Thursday’s game as well!

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
40$ for 200’s and 50$ (before fees) for defend twice balacony for a Tuesday night vs the stars! Same for Thursday’s game as well!

That's a poor business decision by the organization.
Actually, it's dumb.

200 level should not be more than $25 for this student promo for midweek games.
They would fill seats (advertisers like that), they would buy some food and beers and they would add some energy to the building.

Scott ONeil brought in too many folks who do not understand our market.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
What's the harm of getting a hundred or so college kids in the 200 level tonight for $20 a pop?

Lots of students at nearby NJIT, Rutgers Newark, Montclair St, Stevens, etc.

Reactions: BenedictGomez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad