HF Devils Official ‘18-19 Ticket/Prudential Center Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Lenny Kravitz will be at The Rock Museum tomorrow afternoon

My 1st concert. Blind Melon opened for them and I was in the front row (S.R.O. & got there early).

You don't think there will be TVs above the bar?

Absolutely, but my living room has a TV too. I just dont get people who do this, unless it's business people who dont care about the game, but often that's not the case.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
My 1st concert. Blind Melon opened for them and I was in the front row (S.R.O. & got there early).

Absolutely, but my living room has a TV too. I just dont get people who do this, unless it's business people who dont care about the game, but often that's not the case.

The article they released as part of the announcement makes it almost sound like they have no plans to even try to sell these to regular people/fans. And they are priced as such. Though I'm sure some of the owners will use these to reward employees, who may be fans.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
where is this going to be? replacing the club level on one side? or like instead of the goal bar/restaurant?

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
that said i dont see anything wrong with trying to build a section for corporate sponsors that will sell more tickets/generate revenue. those boxes are empty as it is so anything to improve them is good in my opinion

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
where is this going to be? replacing the club level on one side? or like instead of the goal bar/restaurant?

From the pics, it's either the Goal Bar or the restaurant.

My guess is the restaurant, because that didnt seem to be doing very well via the eye test.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
restaurant always seemed busy before games but im sure they've done whatever analysis they need to figure out how to make more revenue. or at least thats the impression i get from being owned by this bunch

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

The bar is intended for pregame, intermissions and post-game.

Just like the Goal Bar

Blind Melon was a good band

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
From the pics, it's either the Goal Bar or the restaurant.

My guess is the restaurant, because that didnt seem to be doing very well via the eye test.

Nope this is replacing the Goal Bar. They took the Goal Bar off of the Pru Center website but still have the restaurant up there.

I recall having a side conversation with Hugh Weber like 3 years ago and he said that the arena was actually designed a bit backwards. He said the modern concept for arenas is to have the restaurant be facing the stage area of the arena so that you can sell premium seats there, and people can sit and eat while watching the show/concert. Having it behind the stage basically makes the seating un-sellable because most concerts and shows have a backdrop.

So this is a way of boosting revenue considerably because ownership of a Loft space, much like membership to the Platinum Lounge, is good for every event at the arena. You simply can't do this type of package with the restaurant, nor can you get this type of revenue with the current Goal Bar setup.

What I'm slightly confused about is, why do this renovation right as the season is starting?

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
It's meant for pre-game / intermission more than during an actual event. There is a ton of down time if you get in the building before a game early, doors open 90 mins before plus intros/anthem is another 5-10 mins plus almost 20 mins per intermission and you're looking at at least 130-150 mins of time that nothing event wise is going on.

This gives people plenty of time to corporate smooze or hang out or whatever. This isn't meant for the average fan but I get what they are going far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Devils Dominion

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
Nope this is replacing the Goal Bar. They took the Goal Bar off of the Pru Center website but still have the restaurant up there.

I recall having a side conversation with Hugh Weber like 3 years ago and he said that the arena was actually designed a bit backwards. He said the modern concept for arenas is to have the restaurant be facing the stage area of the arena so that you can sell premium seats there, and people can sit and eat while watching the show/concert. Having it behind the stage basically makes the seating un-sellable because most concerts and shows have a backdrop.

So this is a way of boosting revenue considerably because ownership of a Loft space, much like membership to the Platinum Lounge, is good for every event at the arena. You simply can't do this type of package with the restaurant, nor can you get this type of revenue with the current Goal Bar setup.

What I'm slightly confused about is, why do this renovation right as the season is starting?

I think the answer is in your own post. The summer concert schedule is over and the Devils are now going to get a lions share of the dates in there. Since the Devils do not make a ton of use of the goal bar might as well do it during their "slow" times. Whenever I sat in the goal bar during Devils games, outside of notable games it is not even half full.

Reactions: Colin226

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

It's an oval arena, why cant they just set-up the stage on the other end?

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016

At every arena there is one side that is closer to where the dock bays are and designated where the stage can be set up. That's why in every arena when the stage is off to one side it is always the same side.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

It's like this with every arena. The main load in area is always only in one spot of an arena, has more storage as well, especially for concerts and bigger events of the sort. Otherwise you would be moving stuff all the way around the hallways in the arena downstairs where stuff might not make it through as well. It would be a giant pain in the ass. That's also why the zambonis only enter from that side of the building as well.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
funny weber mentioned the building being built "weird". i remember when it first opened broduer also "complained" that the devils defend twice was on the side with the zamboni entrance. guess he didn't like the boards weren't flush? wonder how stuff like this slips past people actually designing this stuff? you would think they would have the restaurant facing the concerts and shows

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
funny weber mentioned the building being built "weird". i remember when it first opened broduer also "complained" that the devils defend twice was on the side with the zamboni entrance. guess he didn't like the boards weren't flush? wonder how stuff like this slips past people actually designing this stuff? you would think they would have the restaurant facing the concerts and shows

As much as I liked Jeff being an avid fan like us, he cut a lot corners in arena construction and maintenance

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Jersey City’s Just Beclaws is Coming to Downtown Newark | Jersey Digs

Downtown Jersey City’s Just Beclaws has leased a space within the Courtyard by Marriott hotel in Downtown Newark, according to a listing from Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL). The business, which opened its first location three years ago on 1st Street near Newark Avenue, will take over the 5,318 square foot space that had been occupied by a Joe’s Crab Shack restaurant until the location was shuttered in 2016.

Interesting to see a seafood place moving into a space that was vacated by another seafood place. I wonder if maybe the rent is a little more reasonable now that the bottom floor of the Marriott has been somewhat empty for a little while. Admittedly, I never went to Joe's Crab Shack in Newark but I passed by it on my way into the arena most nights and it looked like they got a fairly decent locals crowd plus game attendees. It's not the best side of the arena to be on for getting a lot of people pre-game, so I think it does require locals to frequent it. But I've noticed a lot more housing down Broad Street plus the Teacher's Village is now complete. They also are renovating the building on the corner directly across Broad so maybe that will add some housing. I'll stop by next month and write a review.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Jersey City’s Just Beclaws is Coming to Downtown Newark | Jersey Digs

Interesting to see a seafood place moving into a space that was vacated by another seafood place. I wonder if maybe the rent is a little more reasonable now that the bottom floor of the Marriott has been somewhat empty for a little while. Admittedly, I never went to Joe's Crab Shack in Newark but I passed by it on my way into the arena most nights and it looked like they got a fairly decent locals crowd plus game attendees. It's not the best side of the arena to be on for getting a lot of people pre-game, so I think it does require locals to frequent it. But I've noticed a lot more housing down Broad Street plus the Teacher's Village is now complete. They also are renovating the building on the corner directly across Broad so maybe that will add some housing. I'll stop by next month and write a review.

wonder if they will change their closed mondays policy

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
As much as I liked Jeff being an avid fan like us, he cut a lot corners in arena construction and maintenance

thats true about him cutting corners but unless its cheaper to build the arena the way it is i dont get why he would hurt his revenue by blocking out his most prized asset for concerts (the restaurant) which btw imo is the single best seat in the house. love sitting at a table like that and watching the game. maybe some dont like sitting behind the goal but honestly i dont mind it there. second level first row? meh last row in the lower level? meh

DevilsFan1027

Aug 3, 2016
Last minute change of plans and can't use our 2 pre-season seats for tonight. Section 15 row 14 seats 5 and 6. No cost for it just put some butts in the buckets and cheer on da boys...PM me

Reactions: Devils Dominion

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
maybe some dont like sitting behind the goal but honestly i dont mind it there. second level first row? meh last row in the lower level? meh

I loved the restaurant ledge too (back when it was affordable), but behind goal is the worst place to "see" a game. Doesnt mean it's a bad experience, but it's the worst view to see everything happening on the ice. That's why they're usually some of the cheapest tickets in any arena.

It's fun to sit LL behind the goal once or twice a season, but I sure wouldnt want to have ST there as you're only seeing 1/2 a game. Even up top it's very difficult to truly understand what's happening across the ice because various parts of your view are obstructed by bodies, and good luck telling if a puck went in the net, crowd reaction is usually your first indicator.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Haven't checked it out yet but apparently the place that use to be the Arena Bar is now open as Three Levels. Hope they got some good food and drink deals before the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad