Speculation: HF Determines the Coyotes Off-Season Needs - #2

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Okay so #1 looks pretty well clear, let's move on to #2.
#1 - Middle pairing Left Defense

So let's collectively decide what our most important and realistic needs our in the off-season. We're not talking specific players here just positions.

Could be via trade or FA, not talking about filling up the prospect pool.

Here are some ideas I've got, list yours or any I forgot and vote in the poll.

For reference:
Real-dollars salary last season - 55 M (estimate)
15-16 Salary Floor - 52.8M
FWIW Leblanc said money wasn't a problem regarding signing players so I'm going to be generous and say our potential maximum budget for next season is $65M.

Professional players under control as of now:
Includes RFAs + Doan

Forwards:
Domi - Vermette - Doan
Rieder -Hanzal - Martinook
Duclair - Richardson - Fisher
Plotnikov - Dauphin - Samuelsson

Bunting - Gaudet - Sekac
- MacInnis -

Defense:
OEL - Murphy
Connauton - Stone
Dahlbeck - Michalek

Wood - Samuelsson
Mayo -

Goalies:
Mike Smith
Louis Domingue

Marek Langhammer
Adin HIll

**For the sake of argument we're assuming Doan comes back and the Coyotes aren't going after a #1 C.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Write in vote for, "Find Out Canadian April Fools Day Is In May And That This Week's Chyka / Tippett News Is All A Joke."

Top pairing RHD. I ran into Connor Murphy twice at True Foods in Scottsdale. Hope Chyka gets him away from the organic crap and feeds him Jared Tinordi's leftover PED's. Quickly.

Also, don't date girls who are organic food snobs. Paying Scottsdale restaurant prices for kale? FML ...

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Since I went with 2nd LD pairing on the last one, my #2 is 2nd RD pairing as well

I wouldn't mind adding a 1st line RHD, but I believe the caveat was "realistic." I doubt any UFA would want to sign here for 2016-2017 with all of the coaching/management/operations restructuring, and I truly hope they don't try to trade for the position (since it would cost us too much).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad