DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The Bruins posters overall look pretty damn smart

A few we missed on but in a good way

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
based on the 25-game cutoff (and loss of subban), here's the updated list (5 guys removed):

2) Anders Bjork - RW (39 votes --- 50%)
4) Zach Senyshyn - RW (27 votes --- 34%)
5) Trent Frederic - C (28 votes --- 34%)
7) Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson - C (showdown: 25 votes --- 42%)
8) Jakub Zboril - D (25 votes --- 33%)
9) Jeremy Lauzon - D (25 votes --- 36%)
10) Urho Vaakanainen - D (24 votes --- 36%)
11) Ryan Donato - W/C (31 votes --- 36%)
12) Peter Cehlarik - LW (30 votes --- 41%)
13) Jesse Gabrielle - LW (23 votes --- 34%)
14) Ryan Lindgren - D (28 votes --- 44%)
15) Zane McIntyre - G (26 votes --- 38%)
16) Jack Studnicka - C (24 votes --- 38%)
17) Rob O'Gara - D (17 votes --- 29%)
19) Emil Johansson - D (showdown: 18 votes --- 47%)
20) Matt Grzelcyk - D (19 votes --- 51%)
21) Joona Koppanen - C (34 votes --- 65%)
22) Anton Blidh - LW (32 votes --- 62%)
23) Ryan Fitzgerald - W/C (31 votes --- 60%)
25) Oskar Steen - RW (29 votes --- 56%)

Honorable Mention: Daniel Vladar - G; Wiley Sherman - D

In the Mix for Next List: Jeremy Swayman - G, Cameron Hughes - C, Daniel Bukac - D, Victor Berglund - D, Colby Cave - C, Kyle Keyser - G

Risers: JFK, Donato, Grzelcyk, Fitzgerald, Swayman, Vladar.

Fallers: Gabrielle, McIntyre, O'Gara.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
regis has been falling all over himself complimenting sherman (and donato) in every bruins game he's covered.
wonder if sherman pulls a benning and looks elsewhere due to the abundance of prospect bodies in boston
organization. hopefully we can get him signed - maybe he and ryan will come in together once harvard is bounced.

Thanks nugs. Who/where is "regis"?

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Why is this??
He was a terror in juniors. Is he just being outmatched in the AHL?

From what I saw of him in juniors I wouldn't of thought that. He was a balls to the wall type of player.

Gabrielle hasn't adjusted well in Providence as yet. Mark Divver interviewed Coach Leach about the rookie prospects on the P-Bruins and here's what he said about Gabrielle on November 30:

Leach: “Jesse’s had a tough start. We’re trying to find him a role. He can skate like the wind. He’s got a nice shot, nice hands. He’s a physical specimen. We’re still looking for him to bring the consistency – up and down heavy winger that can score. We teach the game a certain way. We want to make sure we take care of the puck. As we know, if you go up to the NHL and you don’t take care of the puck, it’s done, it’s over. I think Jesse is learning that and he’s also playing against men. It’s a different game. He’s going through that process right now.’’

Progress report on Providence Bruins rookies

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Gabrielle hasn't adjusted well in Providence as yet. Mark Divver interviewed Coach Leach about the rookie prospects on the P-Bruins and here's what he said about Gabrielle on November 30:

Leach: “Jesse’s had a tough start. We’re trying to find him a role. He can skate like the wind. He’s got a nice shot, nice hands. He’s a physical specimen. We’re still looking for him to bring the consistency – up and down heavy winger that can score. We teach the game a certain way. We want to make sure we take care of the puck. As we know, if you go up to the NHL and you don’t take care of the puck, it’s done, it’s over. I think Jesse is learning that and he’s also playing against men. It’s a different game. He’s going through that process right now.’’

Thanks!:thumbu:

I sure hope he gets it figured out because that sounds just like the type of player the Bruins need.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Thanks nugs. Who/where is "regis"?

Pierre McGuire, I believe.

mcguirepierrefinn522.png

:laugh:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I could be completely wrong about it, but it sounds as if they are just trying to teach Gabrielle how to play a responsible game (like they are doing with Senyshyn) and slotting him in where he’s going to be when he hits the NHL? He can skate, he’s physical, and he can shoot, but with the kids that are in front of him, he’s going to have to work his way up from a 4th line role.

If he works hard and absorbs what they are teaching, I could see him getting a few NHL games at the end of the season and competing for a spot on the big club next year. Not sure he’s as far away as some think.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
good time to do an update here (i would think donato is #1 now):

based on the 25-game NHL cutoff, here's the updated summer list (8 guys removed: mcavoy, heinen, bjork, grzelcyk, kuraly, debrusk, subban, o'gara off)....edit, lindgren gone too, #9...

In the Mix for Next List: Jeremy Swayman - G, Cameron Hughes - C, Daniel Bukac - D, Victor Berglund - D, Colby Cave - C, Kyle Keyser - G​

Last edited:

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
good time to do an update here (i would think donato is #1 now):

based on the 25-game NHL cutoff, here's the updated summer list (8 guys removed: mcavoy, heinen, bjork, grzelcyk, kuraly, debrusk, subban, o'gara off):

14) Ryan Lindgren - D (28 votes --- 44%)

In the Mix for Next List: Jeremy Swayman - G, Cameron Hughes - C, Daniel Bukac - D, Victor Berglund - D, Colby Cave - C, Kyle Keyser - G​

3 moves and that list would look pretty good. Swap 4 with 11. Then swap 14 and 12. The swap 13 and 16. Done.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Prospect system has taken quite a beating this year with all the graduations and trades.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

thanks for the link Alan,

I had high hopes for the kid last year but that was based on so many great things I had read about the kid from those who have gotten to watch him in Juniors. Definitely felt like he was struggling at the AHL level. Hoping this is a case of a kid heading back to Junior for a bit more time that helps him out in the long run

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
i know we did this late august/early september last year, but if there's an appetite to
begin this series now, say the word. we can start up tomorrow if that's the case.

Let’s wait until after camp. This way more of us will be able to assess prospects. Everyone will be there competing for spots, drills, scrimmages, pre season games, prospect games etc. To early for any of us to rank newbies.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Let’s wait until after camp. This way more of us will be able to assess prospects. Everyone will be there competing for spots, drills, scrimmages, pre season games, prospect games etc. To early for any of us to rank newbies.

i won't have time after training camp to do this, so someone else can handle it if we're
gonna wait til then. if the group wants to get it going sooner, i'm in.

Reactions: bme44

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
if @Blowfish is the only dissenter, hard to not give the people what they want :laugh:

Now is a good time. I get Blowfish point, but then again, after the prospect tourney we are at camp and hockey season. So there is a ton going on then. Right now we are in a dead period where it seems 80% of what is happening on the board is continuing to circle on the the same arguments, and same gee I wish this would happen trade stuff

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Interesting last year at this time Bjork was considered our 2nd best prospect behind McCvoy, yet one injury later most on here don't even think he make the team any longer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad