Who is Boston's #7 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
I know Senyshyn has tools.

But I also know that Cehlarik's been a MUCH more productive AHL player, and I think he's played reasonably well when given a chance in Boston.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Picked Cehlarick simply because he is closer to ready now , but think by the end of there carers Senshyn will have been the better player

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
This is an area where I admit that I am clueless. From what I am reading from you folks is that they both soond promising though.

Now add the “Beats the hell out of me” option to this poll please.

Reactions: Strafer

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I went with Senyshyn

I think he has more upside. I think of course he has the potential to fill a critical need. I also think he has the potential to be a productive player in a lesser role, IF he doesn't make it as a top 6 RW

With Cehlarik, I think he is more of a 2nd line or bust guy, and he has had opportunities there, and just haven't shown enough in those opportunities. It seems like people's rating of him is primarily based on how impressed they are with 4 points in 17 games of 2nd line duty

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Cehlarik might get 2nd line duty in the NHL this year.

Senyshyn might get 2nd line duty in the AHL this year.

This is what it comes down to (for me). Cehlarik is NHL ready and hasn't looked out of place on Krejci's wing. Senyshyn is toolsy, but he is yet to prove he can even be a 2nd liner in the AHL.

Senyshyn is also two years younger than cehlarik. Just because cehlarik is older and more nhl ready doesn’t mean he is a better prospect.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Senyshyn is also two years younger than cehlarik. Just because cehlarik is older and more nhl ready doesn’t mean he is a better prospect.
That’s not all I’m saying. I’m also questioning Senyshyn’s upside.

The kid scored 12 goals last year. When a goal scorer doesn’t score that gives me pause. I know Senyshyn didn’t see top6 minutes but there was a reason for that.

I see the tools, the size and speed, and the NHL comp I’ve always liked for Senyshyn is vintage Erik Cole. But Erik Cole without any hockey sense is Jason Chimera.

Chimera like Senyshyn was a point per game player in his draft+ years. Also, like Senyshyn he struggled to score his first year in the AHL.

FWIW, I’m not saying Senyshyn is a bust or that he’s going to be Jason Chimera, I’m just saying Senyshyn’s upside (for me at least) is in doubt and will remain in doubt until he starts producing. All players have a range of what they can become, and Senyshyn might still end up an Erik Cole type. I just think he needs to show more before he gets credit for it.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

The kid scored 12 goals last year. When a goal scorer doesn’t score that gives me pause. I know Senyshyn didn’t see top6 minutes but there was a reason for that.

I see the tools, the size and speed, and the NHL comp I’ve always liked for Senyshyn is vintage Erik Cole. But Erik Cole without any hockey sense is Jason Chimera.

Chimera like Senyshyn was a point per game player in his draft+ years. Also, like Senyshyn he struggled to score his first year in the AHL.

FWIW, I’m not saying Senyshyn is a bust or that he’s going to be Jason Chimera, I’m just saying Senyshyn’s upside (for me at least) is in doubt and will remain in doubt until he starts producing. All players have a range of what they can become, and Senyshyn might still end up an Erik Cole type. I just think he needs to show more before he gets credit for it.

Wasn't he asked to work on his defensive game and that's why is scoring was low? We all know he didn't get top 6 minutes nor did he get PP time. I know @BruinsNetwork had some good insight on this.

Reactions: UncleRico

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Wasn't he asked to work on his defensive game and that's why is scoring was low? We all know he didn't get top 6 minutes nor did he get PP time. I know @BruinsNetwork had some good insight on this.
Yes he was. That's well known but it's not a get out of jail free card. He had to work on his overall game for a reason, and he didn't improve enough to finish as a regular in the top6. What if he doesn't improve?

Again, I'm not hating on the guy... I still have high hopes for him, I just think he has work to do to show he is in fact tracking towards a top6 NHL'er.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Yes he was. That's well known but it's not a get out of jail free card. He had to work on his overall game for a reason, and he didn't improve enough to finish as a regular in the top6. What if he doesn't improve?

Again, I'm not hating on the guy... I still have high hopes for him, I just think he has work to do to show he is in fact tracking towards a top6 NHL'er.

No it's not, but it also not a reason to knock him. I think everyone would agree that this is a big year for Senyshyn in finding out what we really having with him.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006

Jason Chimera has played over 1100 NHL hockey games. Really not a bad outcome at all.

Reactions: wintersej

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I’ve been convinced to switch from PC to ZS. But don’t feel strongly about it. PC needs to be healthy and play quicker. I agree with others above that PC is kinda 2nd line or bust (at least on a good team). I’m not counting on ZS to suddenly become a hockey IQ genius, but him using his speed for Grabner results or Paille results is a wide margin...but it is a wide margin at the NHL level. And I do think he can be at least Paille. And PC could be in Europe in a couple years.

BruinsNetwork

That isn’t exactly a fair way to measure or judge Senyshyn’s level of improvement. He did improve upon his 200-foot game substantially, while still providing pretty good secondary-scoring.

I’ve touched upon Senyshyn’s situation many times here, so I’ll save you all from having to read it again. With that being said, just because he didn’t finish in the top-six doesn’t mean he wasn’t ready or good enough for it. There were other factors, players and coaches involved which had an effect on the situation.

I watched almost every single game Senyshyn played this year, and I can say without a doubt that he looked like a top-six forward.

The team has a plan for him and they are sticking to it. Player development isn’t nesseceraily black & white, nor is it defined by point-totals after Y1 in the AHL.

To sum up the original question that brought me in here— I’m not worried about Senyshyn and look forward to seeing him play in the top-six this year for Providence. He’s going to impress many people.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
When Senyshyn makes it I recommend those that don’t have me on ignore use it or PM the mods to have me permanently banned because I am going to be riding this baby

I hope Fire Sweeney’s mother lets him come here for a verbal beatdown

Reactions: Son of Donegal

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That isn’t exactly a fair way to measure or judge Senyshyn’s level of improvement. He did improve upon his 200-foot game substantially, while still providing pretty good secondary-scoring.

I’ve touched upon Senyshyn’s situation many times here, so I’ll save you all from having to read it again. With that being said, just because he didn’t finish in the top-six doesn’t mean he wasn’t ready or good enough for it. There were other factors, players and coaches involved which had an effect on the situation.

I watched almost every single game Senyshyn played this year, and I can say without a doubt that he looked like a top-six forward.

The team has a plan for him and they are sticking to it. Player development isn’t nesseceraily black & white, nor is it defined by point-totals after Y1 in the AHL.

To sum up the original question that brought me in here— I’m not worried about Senyshyn and look forward to seeing him play in the top-six this year for Providence. He’s going to impress many people.
I’m looking forward to watching him play and seeing what a year under his belt, an offseason of training and s year older can do

A dozen goals as a 20 year old with no Power play time on lower lines not GARBAGE

Zboril Senyshyn Cehlarik JFK Lauzon Fitzgerald Vaakanainen Hughes Frederic etc

Providence going to be interesting

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Well I think what you have to say is you hope Senyshyn is better than Cehlarik in the long run but right now I’m not sure how you elevate him over Cehlarik. Ones played well in the NHL one is working his way up to becoming a complete player but hasn’t shown what he can do in the NHL yet

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I thought Cehlarik was incredible when I watched him in October in Providence

Skating and durability seem issues

He’s very impressive skills

His play along well is A+

Size

Hockey sense

Such a weird guy to project but so enticing

DeBrusk-Krejci- Cehlarik

Would be interesting