Prospect Info: HF Bruins Top 25 Prospects: #5

Who is Boston's #5 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
i may post a little later tomorrow morning, just as a heads up.
lauzon wins #4. shen added. i'll suggest curtis hall next.

HF Bruins Top 25 Prospects:

1) Urho Vaakanainen - D (58.5%)
2) Jack Studnicka - C (79.4%)
3) John Beecher - C (42.7%)
4) Jeremy Lauzon - D (29.8%)

Remaining Prospect Pool:
axel andersson
jack becker
victor berglund
anton blidh
roman bychkov
cam clarke
ryan fitzgerald
trent frederic
curtis hall
cam hughes
kyle keyser
joona koppanen
karson kuhlman
jakub lauko
dustyn mcfaul
matias mantykivi
quinn olson
jake schmaltz
zach senyshyn
pavel shen
wiley sherman
oskar steen
jeremy swayman
daniel vladar
jakub zboril

*cooper zech is not eligible for this vote as he is not yet signed to an NHL contract*

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Went with Oskar Steen

This too me is where it gets interesting. I'm still not sold on Studnicka or Beecher being that much better than the other 5 or 6 remaining on the board at this point. Wouldn't be surprised at all if two or three of the others have better careers.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
lauko was a steal where they got him. his blend of speed, skill and jam will play well in the NHL.
definite top 9 guy for me, possibly better. looking forward to getting some more views on him this
year in providence.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Oskar Steen once more.

My 2019 Personal Rankings (so far):

1.) Jack Studnicka
2.) Urho Vaakanainen
3.) Oskar Steen
4.) Jakub Lauko
5.) Jermey Lauzon

We agreed on #1 and #2, but that's it lol...

1.) Jack Studnicka
2.) Urho Vaakanainen
3.) Jakub Lauko
4.) Kyle Keyser*
5.) Trent Frederic

*Gave Keyser the edge since he's gone pro. Also can't see Swayman leaving college early.

Reactions: PlayMakers

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Oscar Steen: 10th SHL scoring

Jacob Lauko: 98th QMJHL scoring

i'll add a little to that.

lauko:
.93 points per game (3rd among QMJHL rookies)
13 points in Q playoffs (most among rookies)
8 points in 5 games in memorial cup (most among everyone)

steen:
7 points (2 goals) in 14 playoff games (17 G in reg season - 46 games)
2 years older than lauko

i do like both players :)

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
i'll add a little to that.

lauko:
.93 points per game (3rd among QMJHL rookies)
13 points in Q playoffs (most among rookies)
8 points in 5 games in memorial cup (most among everyone)

steen:
7 points (2 goals) in 14 playoff games (17 G in reg season - 46 games)
2 years older than lauko

i do like both players :)

The leagues aren’t all that comparable. Ones men and the others kids. I think what Steen did relative to his peers was more impressive but Lauko almost getting a ppg in a league that’s becoming increasingly defensive is also very encourage

I like em both too though. Glad we have the option of picking between the two

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
The leagues aren’t all that comparable. Ones men and the others kids. I think what Steen did relative to his peers was more impressive but Lauko almost getting a ppg in a league that’s becoming increasingly defensive is also very encourage

of course, SHL is very good league. for me the 2 year difference is important to note.
when lauko is steen's age, he'll be playing in the NHL IMO.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Man those '15 guys dropping like a rock again another summer removed from that draft.

i think both zboril and senyshyn will be regulars in the NHL. zboril could be a 2nd pairing guy in his prime,
but his decisions concern me. senyshyn looks like a 3RW if he continues to progress. boston could've made
better picks. shit happens. hopefully they can figure things out before the core is wiped out.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
This is my only quibble. You should compare him to fellow 2000s and late 1999s, not Q rookies, as many of them will be younger than Lauko. I like him, but his PPG wasn't all that great compared with the other Q forwards in his draft class.

that's a fair point. but he also came over from another country and had to learn to speak better - both english and french.
i look at what he did last year at mostly 18 years old (turned 19 in late march), and it's impressive any way
you slice it. no slight to steen, his rise is important to this organization as well.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
i think both zboril and senyshyn will be regulars in the NHL. zboril could be a 2nd pairing guy in his prime,
but his decisions concern me. senyshyn looks like a 3RW if he continues to progress. boston could've made
better picks. **** happens. hopefully they can figure things out before the core is wiped out.

I personally would rank them 4 and 5 on our list but based on voting it looks like they will be 8-10 if lucky

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Man those '15 guys dropping like a rock again another summer removed from that draft.
No worries:

Debrusk will have his first 30 goal season, Carlo will cause people to bring back the discussion of having a Rod Langway award,Lauzon will finally stay healthy and win a spot forcing Sweeney to make a deal for a top six forward.

Seny going to pop in 15-20 this year and Zboril will be packaged in a deal to bring in that top six forward.

Vlador will be a stud in providence,JFK will be a standout in Sweden and Hughes will be a major spark-plug for the Bruins down the stretch, leading everyone to say what a great overall draft it was for the Bruins in 2015! :thumbu:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I personally would rank them 4 and 5 on our list but based on voting it looks like they will be 8-10 if lucky

they could end up 10th and 11th. personally i see 3-11 as being very interchangeable, depending on how
everyone assesses a prospect. axel andersson will probably end up 9th and i have him a few spots higher.
then you have the next tier which is about 4-5 guys, and then it's a lot of dartboard stuff.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
We agreed on #1 and #2, but that's it lol...

1.) Jack Studnicka
2.) Urho Vaakanainen
3.) Jakub Lauko
4.) Kyle Keyser*
5.) Trent Frederic

*Gave Keyser the edge since he's gone pro. Also can't see Swayman leaving college early.

Only one I don't really agree with being in the Top 5 here is Frederic, but I've soured mightily on him.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
that's a fair point. but he also came over from another country and had to learn to speak better - both english and french.
i look at what he did last year at mostly 18 years old (turned 19 in late march), and it's impressive any way
you slice it. no slight to steen, his rise is important to this organization as well.
You also forgot that the rink size is different in Europe.

Reactions: neelynugs

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Went with Steen for the 3rd straight time. Okskar FTW!!! But really, the list so far looks good. I am also thinking of Senyshyn right around this spot, and Kesyer too. When looked at in this fashion, yes we lack that sure thing all-star caliber prospect, but it is shaping up to fine top ten prospect list.

Reactions: Spooner st

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

don`t discount the huge adjustment to not just coming to NA but landing in a spot where he (Lauko) is now exposed to another language that is new to him. I`ll disagree that the Q is becoming increasingly defensive unless something drastic has happened since I moved out West less than a year ago

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad