Prospect Info: HF Bruins Top 25 Prospects: #17

Who is Boston's #17 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
the shen and mcfaul showdown is about over and the russian has the edge.
koppanen and becker added. who's #17?

HF Bruins Top 25 Prospects:

1) Urho Vaakanainen - D (58.5%)
2) Jack Studnicka - C (79.4%)
3) John Beecher - C (42.7%)
4) Jeremy Lauzon - D (29.8%)
5) Jakub Lauko - W (32.2%)
6) Oskar Steen - W (39.3%)
7) Trent Frederic - C (37.5%)
8) Kyle Keyser - G (29.4%)
9) Zach Senyshyn - W (42.5%)
10) Jakub Zboril - D (61.4%)
11) Karson Kuhlman - W (50.0%)
12) Axel Andersson - D (39.4%)
13) Cameron Hughes - C (42.3%)
14) Jeremy Swayman - G (55.6%)
15) Pavel Shen - C (SHOWDOWN:
16) Dustyn McFaul - D (SHOWDOWN:
17)

Remaining Prospect Pool:
jack becker
victor berglund
anton blidh
roman bychkov
cam clarke
ryan fitzgerald
curtis hall
joona koppanen
matias mantykivi
quinn olson
jake schmaltz
wiley sherman
daniel vladar

*cooper zech is not eligible (AHL contract)*

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I realize he played a handful of games a few years back and a couple since, and I respect your judgement. My thinking is that Vladar can make a bigger impact on the team next season when he is a strong possibility to replace Halak.

Anything is possible. Vladar has to step up pretty substantially to make that happen. He was not very good last year. Right now I have seen nothing in Vladar's career which makes me think the Bruins will hand him 30+ starts in the 20-21 campaign. That might change and he may have an awesome year in Providence this year

Reactions: PlayMakers

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
i really like berglund's upside. it's hard to vote between him and a guy like blidh who i see as a 4th liner for sure.
do you choose the potential upside or the guarantee of blidh being a regular? i usually lean toward the upside.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I realize he played a handful of games a few years back and a couple since, and I respect your judgement. My thinking is that Vladar can make a bigger impact on the team next season when he is a strong possibility to replace Halak.
Vladar's season went ok,some good,some bad
Is almost unbeatable down low in the butterfly but has poor core strength that prevents quick recovery coming back up,his post to post glides get labored as the game hits the third period, nothing that the gym can't fix,glove hand improved significantly,he's enormous looking with his gear on.
Curious why he wasn't a Black Ace and he'll have his hands full fighting off Keyser at this camp.
I think he's still a longer term project

Reactions: neelynugs

BruinsNetwork

i really like berglund's upside. it's hard to vote between him and a guy like blidh who i see as a 4th liner for sure.
do you choose the potential upside or the guarantee of blidh being a regular? i usually lean toward the upside.

Upside for me.

Blidh is a favorite of mine and I like him as a hard-nosed, greasy, agitator of a fourth-line winger.

Berglund has one of the purest shots I’ve ever seen and has the potential to be an interesting offensive-minded D. If both of them hit their mark, Berglund would make a far bigger impact.

I’m much higher on Berglund than most, so I’m sure I’m biased, but the potential is there. Needs to add a lot of mass and strength though.

member 96824

Can't believe Quinn Olson made it to #17

The purpose of this post is so when we search Quinn Olson in 2023, I'll be able to point to this and say "See!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad