Prospect Info: HF Bruins Top 25 Prospects: #13

Who is Boston's #13 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
axel takes 12. wiley sherman added. who's next?

HF Bruins Top 25 Prospects:

1) Urho Vaakanainen - D (58.5%)
2) Jack Studnicka - C (79.4%)
3) John Beecher - C (42.7%)
4) Jeremy Lauzon - D (29.8%)
5) Jakub Lauko - W (32.2%)
6) Oskar Steen - W (39.3%)
7) Trent Frederic - C (37.5%)
8) Kyle Keyser - G (29.4%)
9) Zach Senyshyn - W (42.5%)
10) Jakub Zboril - D (61.4%)
11) Karson Kuhlman - W (50.0%)
12) Axel Andersson - D (39.4%)
13)

Remaining Prospect Pool:
jack becker
victor berglund
anton blidh
roman bychkov
cam clarke
ryan fitzgerald
curtis hall
cam hughes
joona koppanen
dustyn mcfaul
matias mantykivi
quinn olson
jake schmaltz
pavel shen
wiley sherman
jeremy swayman
daniel vladar

*cooper zech is not eligible (AHL contract)*

member 96824

Even though I think we’ll laugh at Quinn Olson not being top 10 someday, I voted Swayman

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Swayman has played very well at UMaine and I've always liked his poise when I've met him around campus. Should at least be a backup at some point in my mind.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Going to go with Swayman here.

My Personal Rankings:

1.) Jack Studnicka
2.) Urho Vaakanainen
3.) Oskar Steen
4.) Jakub Lauko
5.) Jeremy Lauzon
6.) John Beecher
7.) Trent Frederic
8.) Zach Senyhsyn
9.) Jakub Zboril
10.) Kyle Keyser
11.) Axel Andersson
12.) Karson Kuhlman
13.) Jeremy Swayman

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Don't care what the contrarians think,we still have a bunch of solid prospects in this list yet to be ranked
Hughes!

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Feel bad for Blidh, I don't think the kids gotten a vote yet lol. I think he could be a solid 4th liner, basically a Marchand with a lot less offensive ability.

Yeah it's kind weird because he clearly has the goods to be an NHL 4th liner and carve out a solid career like Nordstrom or someone on that level. But with these I never know if I am voting for a potential ceiling or the likelihood of the player becoming an NHL regular. If the latter, I would bet on Blidh over a lot of these prospects as most will not hit. I tend to go with the former definition, so he gets no vote. :dunno:

Wonder Boy

Cam 'n' Cam
Mar 25, 2004
Ancaster, Ontario
I voted for Victor Berglund because I see this guy as the next fastest rising star in the prospect pool.

Love Blidh and keep scratching my head why they sign guys like Lindholm and Nordstrom. I think Blidh with Kuraly and Wagner would be a menacing 4th line to play against.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Feel bad for Blidh, I don't think the kids gotten a vote yet lol. I think he could be a solid 4th liner, basically a Marchand with a lot less offensive ability.

i like blidh too, but he's a guy who will end up going through waivers at the end of september. they do seem
to have him pegged as nordstrom's potential replacement, with the 2 year deal blidh signed.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I like Blidh, but I think the reason he's not getting votes is because he is the quintessential, "He is what he is," type player. If he makes it in the NHL, it will be as a 4th liner. It's hard to really vote for him if you take into consideration everything else that goes along with this list; age, potential, position. He's 24 years old, as stated potential is not anything higher than a 4th liner, and he plays LW, the Bruins deepest position.

BruinsNetwork

I voted for Victor Berglund because I see this guy as the next fastest rising star in the prospect pool.

Love Blidh and keep scratching my head why they sign guys like Lindholm and Nordstrom. I think Blidh with Kuraly and Wagner would be a menacing 4th line to play against.

Been high on Berglund for a while and you’re right, think he’s gonna open some eyes next year.

Reactions: Estlin

BruinsNetwork

Wasn’t Berglund one of those players whom the scouts were “pounding the table” for?

Scouting Report: Bruins Assistant General Manager Scott Bradley: "Our Swedish guys were on top of him. They think he's a mobile D. He's skilled, ultra-skilled, and he skates well. Small. Six-footer, but [European scouts] P.J. [Axelsson] and Sven [Svensson] and Victor [Nybladh], they were pounding the table for him and we went along with it and I think we might have something there. Talking to his strength coach after the pick, he's got him working on putting some muscle and weight on so we look forward to seeing him, too, at development camp."

Yes. All of those qualities cited check out for sure. Berglund still has one of the the most fluid, effortless slap shots I've seen from a defenseman. When you see someone cock back over their shoulder and lay into the puck, you expect there to be some choppiness, but not from Berglund. It's quite a treat to watch, IMO.

Reactions: Estlin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad