Prospect Info: HF Bruins Top 25 Prospects: #10

Who is Boston's #10 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
senyshyn beats cehlarik in the showdown for #7, and lauzon takes #9. up to #10. added gabrielle and blidh.

HF Bruins Top 25 Prospects:

1) Ryan Donato - W/C (84.8%)
2) Trent Frederic - C (50.6%)
3) Urho Vaakanainen - D (33.0%)
4) Jack Studnicka - C (43.5%)
5) Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson - C (40.7%)
6) Jakub Zboril - D (55.6%)
7) Zach Senyshyn - W (SHOWDOWN: 60.3%)
8) Peter Cehlarik - W (SHOWDOWN: 39.7%)
9) Jeremy Lauzon - D (30.9%)
10)

Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Lets see if Swayman can sneak into the top 10. Goalies are never the sexy prospect, but I just love this kids game. Always learning, always trying to figure out ways to attack the shooter. Maine's season in pretty much in the hands of Swayman.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m bowing out and ignoring this thread - why bother Corey Pronman said the system sucks

TWENTY SEVEN!!!!!!!

Remember that

Andy Hilbert and Lee Goren beat that

Reactions: Rumpy

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
slight lead for swayman here, will pick it up in the morning. votes are starting to slow down significantly from the first 7-8 ballots.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
senyshyn beats cehlarik in the showdown for #7, and lauzon takes #9. up to #10. added gabrielle and blidh.

HF Bruins Top 25 Prospects:

1) Ryan Donato - W/C (84.8%)
2) Trent Frederic - C (50.6%)
3) Urho Vaakanainen - D (33.0%)
4) Jack Studnicka - C (43.5%)
5) Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson - C (40.7%)
6) Jakub Zboril - D (55.6%)
7) Zach Senyshyn - W (SHOWDOWN: %)
8) Peter Cehlarik - W (SHOWDOWN: %)
9) Jeremy Lauzon - D ( %)
10)

the last guy on the list I feel surefire to get some nhl action is fitzgereld. wont go so far as to say its a sure thing he will be a regular... or still have a nhl fulltime paycheck after 3-4 seasons. but this is 10 on the depth chart we are talking about and not many organizations have 10 deep of guys who will become nhl regulars.

at worst, I think fitz projects to be that dependable, safe type of 4th line energy plug that could conceivably fashion himself out a tim taylor/rob dimeo/dominec moore type of career and that's pretty damn good for someone that is now 10th spot. id have him higher than lauzon personally... and probably higher than cehlarik too.

our list isn't as impressive as it was last year but its still fun to see how it plays out

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I’m bowing out and ignoring this thread - why bother Corey Pronman said the system sucks

TWENTY SEVEN!!!!!!!

Remember that

Andy Hilbert and Lee Goren beat that

I can remember many of your posts over the years so I know you've been a fan of old tyme publications like the hockey news the same I was back in the day before the intraweb. and I remember those listings never giving bruins much credit too.

hell... this forum was around in the early days when Bergeron, marchand, lucic, krejci were joining the team... there were a few posters in the know who would come here and get us all excited about the special k guys... but for the most part no one was giving us much credit for that class of guys. I remember you got pretty annoyed at me when I was comparing young Bergeron to a dale hunter standard. I suppose hindsight has shown us I was quite a bit underestimating Bergeron myself. on the other hand I was giving marchand a spot on the big team after his 2o game first go... and I was being torn up alive in my offseason roster projections because no one was agreeing with me that marchand has much nhl future at that point.

so... my point is? doesn't matter what corey pronman says. ive done a little exercise here many many times over the years where I show just how damn good our 'system' has been by naming actual graduates of our system and just how freaking awesome the 23 man roster would look of real true boston bruin graduates of the system if we had them all together now.

haven't done it for awhile so here goes..

first line why not throw out pastrnak/Bergeron/marchand
second line... hows this for depth scoring kessel/seguin/wheeler
youth and energy on the 3rd line danton Heinen/david krejci/jake debrusk
some big crash and bang on the 4th line vladamir sobotka/joe thornton/milan lucic
ryan donato and nate Thompson can ride the box waiting for their turn

if that isn't the best group of forwards in the nhl… I don't know what is... and defense isn't too bad either

dougie Hamilton/torey krug can log icetime with the seguin line... whiz/bang/shoot them up
Charlie McAvoy/matt grzelyck… this is a pairing I wish to see
brandon carlo/kevan miller... our left shot graduates is our one weakness
matthew benning… I think you all will see this kids star rise and rise

tuuka rask qualifies for being one of our prospects... he was down in the farm with us waiting his chance
Malcolm subban and Michael Hutchinson also count as our prospects once upon a time

the names are here... all laid out... and they are pretty damn good... and just look at some of these names playing around the league I didn't even use here..

ryan spooner
alexander koholachev {one of ours that has nhl pedigree talent}
forbaska-karlsson…. has only the 1 game so far but could be getting more this season
anders Bjork... how good will this guy be?
Kris versteeg… a 643 game nhl career and doesn't make our team here
matt hunwick… another 500 game nhl career but a minor leaguer for us
adam McQuaid... hes one of ours... developed by us

amazing stuff

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bottom line

112 points

One of only 2 teams last 11 years to have at least 90 points every year

Loaded system where a Fitzgerald might not crack top 10

Stars signed cheap contracts

Front office considered by scouting community at or near top in the game

Vegas agrees with me

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Even though I voted for Lauko here I still see Fitzgerald as a 20 goal scorer at the nhl level within 4 years

Even with the graduation what a strong group

Doing my work for the SIM draft coming up and scouting prospects I put Boston overall 8-12 which is still pretty dann good

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Bottom line

112 points

One of only 2 teams last 11 years to have at least 90 points every year

Loaded system where a Fitzgerald might not crack top 10

Stars signed cheap contracts

Front office considered by scouting community at or near top in the game

Vegas agrees with me

Who is the other?

Pittsburgh I'm guessing.

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
Even though I voted for Lauko here I still see Fitzgerald as a 20 goal scorer at the nhl level within 4 years

Even with the graduation what a strong group

Doing my work for the SIM draft coming up and scouting prospects I put Boston overall 8-12 which is still pretty dann good
I've been voting for Fitzgerald the last few rounds. Absolutely flying under everyone's radar.

Reactions: DKH

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
50 minutes to go in the poll and swayman clings to a 1 vote lead over the lightning-fast lauko.
most exciting race since we lost the division on the last day of the season :sarcasm:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Lauko definitely has the skill set to fly up these rankings, but I found Swayman's freshman season for a mediocre Maine team extremely impressive.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Even though I voted for him in this one, I do find it funny that Lauko gets so much more love than Andersson who Bruins scouts and management clearly rated higher when they drafted him above Lauko 6 weeks ago

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
the last guy on the list I feel surefire to get some nhl action is fitzgereld. wont go so far as to say its a sure thing he will be a regular... or still have a nhl fulltime paycheck after 3-4 seasons. but this is 10 on the depth chart we are talking about and not many organizations have 10 deep of guys who will become nhl regulars.

at worst, I think fitz projects to be that dependable, safe type of 4th line energy plug that could conceivably fashion himself out a tim taylor/rob dimeo/dominec moore type of career and that's pretty damn good for someone that is now 10th spot. id have him higher than lauzon personally... and probably higher than cehlarik too.

our list isn't as impressive as it was last year but its still fun to see how it plays out
When I go to Providence games specifically in March and April
I couldn’t take my eyes off of Fitzgerald.

His hockey sense appears to be high end by NHL standards. He’s got really good hands and skating not a problem but he takes excellent routes and his anticipation which probably falls under Hockey sense is great.

I’m not saying Marchand ascension but he could be a top 9

He will have better career then many of HF top 50 prospects

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Even though I voted for him in this one, I do find it funny that Lauko gets so much more love than Andersson who Bruins scouts and management clearly rated higher when they drafted him above Lauko 6 weeks ago

i don't think it's that surprising. lauko was rated higher in most independent rankings and in the averaged out rankings. andersson looked like one of their infamous picks where they grab a guy ranked much lower than industry standard. we'll see if they look smart or stupid.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Voted Lauko because goalies are notoriously hard to predict. Swayman has been terrific in NCAA, but so was McIntyre.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Went Swayman because he had a tremendous season for Maine but Fitzgerald and Lauko are close behind.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Lauko definitely has the skill set to fly up these rankings, but I found Swayman's freshman season for a mediocre Maine team extremely impressive.

In one of if not THE best conference in college hockey.

A decent number of his games were actually televised so he made a pretty strong impression on me.

Super competitive and was able to carry said mediocre Maine father than anyone expected. He wasn't even supposed to start the majority of the games before the season either, he really earned everything he got last season.

Lauko was pretty close here for me as well but we really just haven't seen enough of him to justify it. Same thing with Andersson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad