Prospect Info: HF Bruins Top 25 Prospects: #1

Who is Boston's #1 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Surprised that so far I'm the only one who voted for Steen.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
wish he was signed to an NHL contract so we could find out. since he's not, we can't consider him a b's prospect yet.
Yesterday yes yesterday

I was discussing Zech with someone who watched every home game and works for Providence what do they think

The answer

:heart:

Reactions: maxbme

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Yesterday yes yesterday

I was discussing Zech with someone who watched every home game and works for Providence what do they think

The answer

:heart:

I'm confused with the mini Z situation...is he or is he not a prospect? I recall a number of folk having good things to say about him.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I'm confused with the mini Z situation...is he or is he not a prospect? I recall a number of folk having good things to say about him.

he's legit. looks like a future bruin without question. but he's only signed to an AHL contract currently.

Reactions: Blowfish

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I went studnicka, but I really don’t think there is a wrong answer between him and Vaak. Those two are the clear cut top two prospects right now in the system.

Reactions: wintersej and DKH

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I'm surprised Steen and Frederic have a vote for #1.

I’m honestly surprised anyone has frederic in their top 5, never mind #1. Not even a knock on frederic, just think there are noticeably better prospects than him. Which is a good thing for the organization.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Nugs, I don't think its fair to have just one goalie on the list at any one time. Ask 10 people to rank Vladar, Keyser and Swayman and you might get 10 different answers.

There will come a time that a goalie may be ranked ahead of the skater, but not necessarily the goalie you'd rank first if all of them are not available to vote on.
4 of them would have to be disobeying the laws of math

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I’m honestly surprised anyone has frederic in their top 5, never mind #1. Not even a knock on frederic, just think there are noticeably better prospects than him. Which is a good thing for the organization.

i don't think it's a stretch at all for frederic to be top 5. IMO, anywhere from 3-13 in this
ranking is gonna be all over the place. not much gap between a lot of these guys.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Somewhat surprised by the gap between Studnicka and Vaakanainen. Figured it'd be closer. No issue with Vaakanainen being voted #1 though.
When they drafted Vaakanainen my immediate reaction was ‘that’s a weird way to pronounce Vesalainen’

Reactions: neelynugs

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Starting 2019/20 I think Studnicka in general will improve more and become the #1 prospect in the Bruins organization.
Hence why i voted for him.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
If he can stay healthy Lauzon is #6

Agreed. He certainly looked like an NHL player when he came up last season. Whether there is a roster spot for him is another matter, but if not with the Bruins, I see him having a good career somewhere if he beats the injury bug.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Chip off the Rohloff

Jul 4, 2018
Went with Studs. A part of my vote was due to Vaaks injury woes. But, this kid just has that gamer attitude and a ton of intangibles that increase his ceiling for me. He likely would have played middle six in Providence last year if not for the NHL/CHL agreement.

I have a feeling Studnicka is in for a huge year in Providence with some time with the big club sprinkled in.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Vaak.

Suggesting Swayman. I have Keyser in my top 3 and Swayman in my top 10.
I wish I had more time to watch some of these prospects like some on here do. Having played as a skater my whole life I don't have the best eye for goaltenders. What are some of Keyser's strengths and how far away do you think he is from pushing for a backup or even starter role?

Gun to my head I think my top 5 would be:

Studnicka
Vaak
Beecher
Lauzon
Andersson

I value C/D highly, as do most people, which is why they dominate my rankings.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I've watched Studnicka many times and some of you are way overvaluing him. Not sure where this is coming from. Hope I'm wrong.

In the forward category I have him behind Beecher, Frederick, Steen, and Lauko....

Thinking Shen is going to surprise.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
i don't think it's a stretch at all for frederic to be top 5. IMO, anywhere from 3-13 in this
ranking is gonna be all over the place. not much gap between a lot of these guys.

I think steen, lauzon, lauko and Beecher at bare minimum have far more upside than frederic does.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I wish I had more time to watch some of these prospects like some on here do. Having played as a skater my whole life I don't have the best eye for goaltenders. What are some of Keyser's strengths and how far away do you think he is from pushing for a backup or even starter role?

Gun to my head I think my top 5 would be:

Studnicka
Vaak
Beecher
Lauzon
Andersson

I value C/D highly, as do most people, which is why they dominate my rankings.

Explosive, athletic, competitive, hard worker... In terms of style reminds me of a Quick or Bobrovsky in the way he’s able to move around the crease and splay both legs out to the side.

Best goalie in the OHL and arguably the best goalie in the CHL. Even if you know nothing about goalies, how many other prospects can say they’re the best player at their position in all of Canadian Jr hockey?

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Explosive, athletic, competitive, hard worker... In terms of style reminds me of a Quick or Bobrovsky in the way he’s able to move around the crease and splay both legs out to the side.

Best goalie in the OHL and arguably the best goalie in the CHL. Even if you know nothing about goalies, how many other prospects can say they’re the best player at their position in all of Canadian Jr hockey?
Love the answer, I didn't realize he was THAT good compared to his peers. You don't really here as much about him as you do DiPietro or Scott for example. Thanks for the input!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad