Prospect Info: HF Bruins Top 25 Prospects: #1

Who is Boston's #1 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
ok i had a little free time today so let's get this thing going. i'll leave #1 open for a few days, and then we'll go 1 spot each day. rule reminder:

1) player is eligible if he has played less than 25 NHL games (clifton, bjork, cehlarik, JFK, etc graduated)
2) player is eligible if he is under 26 years old (we'll use opening night date just so koko is eliminated :) )
3) please suggest a player to add to the next poll (11 players will be listed on each poll)

Prospect Pool:
axel andersson
jack becker
johnny beecher
victor berglund
anton blidh
roman bychkov
cam clarke
ryan fitzgerald
trent frederic
curtis hall
cam hughes
kyle keyser
joona koppanen
karson kuhlman
jakub lauko
jeremy lauzon
dustyn mcfaul
matias mantykivi
quinn olson
jake schmaltz
zach senyshyn
pavel shen
wiley sherman
oskar steen
jack studnicka
jeremy swayman
urho vaakanainen
daniel vladar
jakub zboril

*cooper zech is not eligible for this vote as he is not yet signed to an NHL contract*​

2018 HF Bruins Top 25 Prospects:

1) Ryan Donato - W/C (85%)
2) Trent Frederic - C (51%)
3) Urho Vaakanainen - D (33%)
4) Jack Studnicka - C (44%)
5) Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson - C (41%)
6) Jakub Zboril - D (56%)
7) Zach Senyshyn - W (SHOWDOWN: 60%)
8) Peter Cehlarik - W (SHOWDOWN: 40%)
9) Jeremy Lauzon - D (31%)
10) Jeremy Swayman - G (SHOWDOWN: 56%)
11) Jakub Lauko - C/W (SHOWDOWN: 44%)
12) Ryan Fitzgerald - W (57%)
13) Axel Andersson - D (61%)
14) Emil Johansson - D (22%)
15) Oskar Steen - W (36%)
16) Kyle Keyser - G (SHOWDOWN: 38%)
17) Daniel Vladar - G (SHOWDOWN: 32%)
18) Alexander Khokhlachev - C (SHOWDOWN: 30%)
19) Joona Koppanen - C (SHOWDOWN: 60%)
20) Jesse Gabrielle - W (SHOWDOWN: 40%)
21) Wiley Sherman - D (78%)
22) Victor Berglund - D (62%)
23) Anton Blidh - W (56%)
24) Curtis Hall - C (52%)
25) Karson Kuhlman - C/W (31%)

Unranked:
Connor Clifton - D
Colby Cave - C
Dustyn McFaul - D
Cameron Hughes - W/C
Pavel Shen - W
Cedric Pare - C
Daniel Bukac - D
Jack Becker - W
Cam Clarke - D

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Same
Top pairing potential

He's probably going to lose to Studnicka but they're the same age and were both at that same tournament and Urho was the #1 defenseman on the winning team. Studnicka was good but he was playing 10 mins a night.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
This is one of my favorite running things on here. Around round 5 of this I am just going to be here to watch folks that know more than me what their opinion is, but for now I can feel confident voting!

I think this is a two man race and I voted for one of them with low confidence. So maybe I misspoke about feeling confident in voting.

Will be fun to see the risers and fallers compared to last year. Also really curious where Cooper Zech falls in all this (whom I think should be added next round).

Expecting to have a big rise: Steen, Keyser, Kuhlman
Expecting to have a big fall: Frederic, Fitzgerald

Reactions: maxbme

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Will be fun to see the risers and fallers compared to last year. Also really curious where Cooper Zech falls in all this (whom I think should be added next round).

wish he was signed to an NHL contract so we could find out. since he's not, we can't consider him a b's prospect yet.

Reactions: Strafer

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Went Studnicka because of he position he plays, but was torn between him and Urho.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Vaak.

No injury early last year and he probably would've spent more time with the big club.

Reactions: Strafer

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Went with Studnicka.

If the poll was in January it would have been a slam dunk for Urhu. Urhu hit the wall so hard in February. It's funny because his offense picked up and his defensive game fell hard.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
This is one of my favorite running things on here. Around round 5 of this I am just going to be here to watch folks that know more than me what their opinion is, but for now I can feel confident voting!

I think this is a two man race and I voted for one of them with low confidence. So maybe I misspoke about feeling confident in voting.

Expecting to have a big rise: Steen, Keyser, Kuhlman
Expecting to have a big fall: Frederic, Fitzgerald
I think you are bang on with the risers and fallers. I'm not sure Frederic will deserve it as much, but I guess that'll happen when you go 0 for 15 games in the big league.

If Cooper Zech is added, he's top 10 for me. He was incredible in the WCHA, and, by most accounts, played very well in the AHL as a 20 year old.

I went with Vaak this round, this is always a fun exercise.

Reactions: Ratty

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Well, here we are. Another year and another HFB-Bruins poster prospect rankings! I went with Studnicka for the #1 spot. He just has what you want. He plays an important position, has the makeup, skill, and production at all levels to back it up. He is a threat to make the team out of camp, but if he doesn't, he can go to Providence and work on his game more. He has an NHL floor and the upside to be a legitimate Top 6 forward.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
i think the first 2 spots will be easy in this poll and then it's gonna be a total free for all

i'm suggesting to add karson kuhlman

Amazing with all the draft picks they have had these are the best of the bunch.... After the top four most of these guys wouldn't make other teams top ten.

the good thing is JDB, Carlo and Mac are stalwarts on the big club.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
i think the first 2 spots will be easy in this poll and then it's gonna be a total free for all

i'm suggesting to add karson kuhlman

Nugs, I don't think its fair to have just one goalie on the list at any one time. Ask 10 people to rank Vladar, Keyser and Swayman and you might get 10 different answers.

There will come a time that a goalie may be ranked ahead of the skater, but not necessarily the goalie you'd rank first if all of them are not available to vote on.

Reactions: Strafer and Estlin

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Amazing with all the draft picks they have had these are the best of the bunch.... After the top four most of these guys wouldn't make other teams top ten.

You say that but Connor Clifton wasn't in the Bruins top-25 last year. Kuraly wasn't in the top-25 the year before. I'm not sure where Gryz was the year before that but he was way down the list.

I've learned not to bet against the Bs drafting and developing.

Reactions: HOLDEN44FAN

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Nugs, I don't think its fair to have just one goalie on the list at any one time. Ask 10 people to rank Vladar, Keyser and Swayman and you might get 10 different answers.

There will come a time that a goalie may be ranked ahead of the skater, but not necessarily the goalie you'd rank first if all of them are not available to vote on.

fair point dom. i will add both goalies for the next round and all 3 will be available for #2 and on.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

I mean when you have 6 guys drafted from 2014 and on (Pasta, Donato, Heinen, JDB, Mac, Carlo) all playing in the NHL full time chances are your prospect list is going to be a lot thinner. Not to mention Bjork and JFK aren't included in this list but are technically still prospects.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

imagine if they didn't do as well as they do with UFA NCAA guys.

but i do think bruins are about middle of the pack when it comes to organizational rankings.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Lauko and the goalies...those are the guys I'm interested in seeing where they land with the HF community.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad