HF Boards has gotten soft

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I blame all the Euros

don-cherry.png

Hey don, I'm heading to Kingston today. Can I get an autograph?

Reactions: vanarchy

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
It's the same mentality that leads people to try and call in rules violations for televised golf tournaments. Knowitallism + haterade = concern thread.

Rygu

Dec 24, 2017
B.C.
imagine unironically saying fans need to toughen up hahahah. ya bring back the internet tough guys to HFBoards

here i'll start

zdeno chara is a ***** id murk that guy in a fight don't @ me

Solid comparison. No, really.

Rygu

Dec 24, 2017
B.C.
yo seriously bro i just want like the good ol days of violence and blood and rock music and life altering debilitating concussions that could ruin a human beings life, bro.
I think the point was that people are calling for suspensions for every little slash and bodycheck. I'm pretty sure nobody is questioning blatant headshots.

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
Every ticky tack penalty seems to get a thread nowadays begging for a suspension. Give it a rest. This is the Stanley Cup Playoffs. You’re acting like soccer cry baby fans.

I support suspending players for illegal hits. But god damn give it a rest with all these threads. They’re usually minor penalties at most.

Let the boys play.

Couldn't agree more.
The majority of people on this board need to switch over to watching soccer. They clearly can't handle hockey's intensity and physicality.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Coming soon....dystopian NHL

Pre season combine all players are separated by strength, size and ability and divided up equally among each team.

The following rules are now in effect:

mouthpieces will now limit ability to talk, no chirping allowed

If mouthpiece is removed to speak while on ice 2 min penalty

If opposing teams players feeling are hurt from said speech 5 min penalty

2 min for not trying to keep your opponent on his feet after accidental collision

5 min for intentional collision

2 min for touching sticks

5 min for stick to hands of opponent

gloves will now be fitted with down feather inserts to limit chaffing

length of player suspensions will now depend on emotional distress caused to fan base.

Reactions: rosenqvist

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I think the point was that people are calling for suspensions for every little slash and bodycheck. I'm pretty sure nobody is questioning blatant headshots.

Of course but the mentality that's being called out right now is because of a much larger discussion in regards to player safety. A safer league is going to come with some practices and one of them is fans being more attentive in actively calling out things that can affect safety even if it can be nitpicky. I don't actively actually believe anyone here wants to put the players in danger but having an attitude that promotes old style hockey is counter intuitive if we're all striving to protect the people on the ice that have to do this their whole life.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I blame the nhl. Just come out with a video montage of 1000 or so incidences of hacks, whacks, punches, slaps, hits, kisses (lol) that they’re going to be ok with. Should take about a day.

Release it to the public with a simple f*** you if you don’t like it. They’d weed out the concern trolls in a week.

SavedByRoy

Bite the noose
Feb 17, 2006
Fort Myers
Even better is that the majority of the fanbases on HF seem to think the NHL has an agenda against them and is pulling the strings to screw them over. Or somebody in the league office hates their team due to playing for a rival in the past.

I've never once seen someone say "thankfully the NHL has our back against _____", or "let's see ____ try their garbage against us, the NHL will hook us up and punish them to the fullest."

LOL

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I think a lot of them are more about proclaiming the righteousness of their team in the face of the villainy of their rivals. Or to complain about the stripes and how they're the reason their team is losing. Maybe it's not so much about the actual play, or being 'soft' as much as it's a rant that's posted right after a play they don't like, then everybody jumps in to throw some shade. That's not to say that none of them are valid, or that the players shouldn't be responsible for their actions, but most of them seem to fall into the rage column. But, then again, maybe I'm just being cynical.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
To a certain segment of HF members, these forums are a giant Yelp review of the NHL . To be used exclusively to complain. Nothing positive to say ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad