HF Boards has gotten soft

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
As a long time lurker, hf boards has always been soft as hell as a whole. It got really bad sometime around 2010 and has just gradually gotten worse. Now half the threads are not about hockey plays but suspensions.

Reactions: Vertain

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I agree, f*** the health of the players. They should go out there and bloody each other for our entertainment.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Every ticky tack penalty seems to get a thread nowadays begging for a suspension. Give it a rest. This is the Stanley Cup Playoffs. You’re acting like soccer cry baby fans.

I support suspending players for illegal hits. But god damn give it a rest with all these threads. They’re usually minor penalties at most.

Let the boys play.

Just opened page..
Read your title and OP as it was first.. kinda chuckled thinking - oh he must be new here.. this happens every ye.... WT...f...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180417-071313.jpg
    Screenshot_20180417-071313.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 31

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
I agree, **** the health of the players. They should go out there and bloody each other for our entertainment.

Well atleast in the NHL they are getting paid almost 10 times as much as the average American adult to play a childs game so, yeah bloody it up a bit. A millionaire getting a couple teeth knocked out aint going to hurt my feelings none. No one has a gun to their head forcing them down this career path.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Well atleast in the NHL they are getting paid almost 10 times as much as the average American adult to play a childs game so, yeah bloody it up a bit. A millionaire getting a couple teeth knocked out aint going to hurt my feelings none. No one has a gun to their head forcing them down this career path.
Right, who cares if they get their brain scrambled and end up losing most of their mental faculties and die far earlier in life than normal. At least you got some entertainment from a big hit, right?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Player safety going in the right direction but some get carried away here by thinking every little bump should be suspended. Kids now days don’t even know what rough hockey is from the 70-90’s. Go look how many threads there are talking about guys should be suspended.....crazy. No interest in watching figure skating

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
A lot has to do with recent science on concussions. People just don't want to see their teams players brains turn into mush anymore. So everyone is hyper-vigilant in pointing out potential injuries.
We just know a lot more than we used to, and everyone also wants to see the best players playing every night. There are rules for a reason, and when players violate those rules in ways which can cause injuries, they should be punished for it. Right now the league sends the message that it's perfectly acceptable to cheap shot people in any way as long as you don't actually hurt them. You don't deter anyone doing that though.

CamMac

Jan 3, 2015
Some people on here remind me of hysterical parents from my youth hockey days.

These players are grown men who can handle themselves on the ice.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014

This is by far one of the dumbest takes when discussing professional sports. These guys train, work, eat, breathe, and sleep hockey. They play from October to April (some even longer). They have to uproot their lives and move from place to place at the whim of their employer. They train all through the offseason as well. It's a full-time job that has required life-long dedication. It's not a 'child's game' for them.

So because they make a lot of money we shouldn't give a f*** about them as human beings or care about their safety?

Here's a gentle reminder, that NHL players are human beings, not AI robot dummies for your entertainment.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Every ticky tack penalty seems to get a thread nowadays begging for a suspension. Give it a rest. This is the Stanley Cup Playoffs. You’re acting like soccer cry baby fans.

I support suspending players for illegal hits. But god damn give it a rest with all these threads. They’re usually minor penalties at most.

Let the boys play.

The way they talk about the Ducks is amazing. I would’ve loved to see those same people watching games in the old days

SwollenGoat

Sep 23, 2008
South River
Here's a gentle reminder, that NHL players are human beings, not AI robot dummies for your entertainment.
They are to the EA sports generation, why do you think so many on here believe they can coach better than the pros? It’s turned armchair coaches into insufferable idiots.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Let the boys play.

Canadian millennials are to blame.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
This is by far one of the dumbest takes when discussing professional sports. These guys train, work, eat, breathe, and sleep hockey. They play from October to April (some even longer). They have to uproot their lives and move from place to place at the whim of their employer. They train all through the offseason as well. It's a full-time job that has required life-long dedication. It's not a 'child's game' for them.

So because they make a lot of money we shouldn't give a **** about them as human beings or care about their safety?

More or less what I came in to say. These are well-trained human beings that deserve to, you know, not have their lives ruined by their profession when possible. Just because a person is okay with the risks (and this is a decision undoubtedly made long before the player is old enough to really weigh the decision with the gravity it really deserves), doesn't mean they're asking to have a 6'4", 230 pound guy skating at full speed in full equipment jump into their skulls. Players are bigger and faster, the equipment is larger, but the ice surface is the same size as (usually) always. Either the game reacts to change or it dies on the vine.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
They are to the EA sports generation, why do you think so many on here believe they can coach better than the pros? It’s turned armchair coaches into insufferable idiots.
Ding ding ding! I spend a lot of time playing EA Sports NHL games, but I'll never let myself forget that these guys are human beings. They are entertainers but they're still humans.

More or less what I came in to say. These are well-trained human beings that deserve to, you know, not have their lives ruined by their profession when possible. Just because a person is okay with the risks (and this is a decision undoubtedly made long before the player is old enough to really weigh the decision with the gravity it really deserves), doesn't mean they're asking to have a 6'4", 230 pound guy skating at full speed in full equipment jump into their skulls. Players are bigger and faster, the equipment is larger, but the ice surface is the same size as (usually) always. Either the game reacts to change or it dies on the vine.
+1 to you Big McLargehuge. Bold is a huge point that is often over-looked.

Reactions: SwollenGoat

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
People whining about other people whining are far worse than the first whiners.
I see where you are coming from as you recently made one such thread begging for Marchand to be suspended for nothing.

Fans need to toughen up, hockey is the greatest sport for a reason - the combination of speed, skill, and toughness makes it so unique.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Also how people react to fights with negativity instead of excitement. I don't get that since all hockey is, is entertainment.

Well it's entertaining for us. When you are in the fight not so much.
We can assume that there are a lot more fighters in these boards now.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

Let the boys play.

This all started with the unwarranted suspension of Dirty Doughty. A fine would have sufficed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad