GDT: HF Boards GDT 3/18/2024: The Hangover edition (2 games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
I wonder what kind of #'s Huberdeau would be putting up if he stayed in FLA

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Caps win, Sabres are cooked,, doesn't matter if they win or lose. At least I don't have to stay up any later. Better luck next season

Nogatco Rd

Apr 3, 2021
Nice of the Flames to play Oshie's goal song 'Country Roads' (written about Maryland) during the timeout.. tribute for his 1000th game the other day?

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Caps win, Sabres are cooked,, doesn't matter if they win or lose. At least I don't have to stay up any later. Better luck next season
Don't feel bad, I'm an Islanders fan. Caps playing like they actually WANT to make the playoffs.

Nice of the Flames to play Oshie's goal song 'Country Roads' (written about Maryland) during the timeout.. tribute for his 1000th game the other day?
And before that they were playing Led Zep "Misty Mountain"

Quite a DJ they have there!

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Don't feel bad, I'm an Islanders fan. Caps playing like they actually WANT to make the playoffs.
Except you guys have made the playoffs in the last 13 years 😵

Well at least they're looking like they're finally going to beat the Calamari tonight. Plus be 4 points behind Washington vs 5 behind Detroit. Baby steps..

Reactions: Mike C

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
the Caps, without Backstrom and Kuznetsov, are likely to beat the likes of Ottawa, Buffalo, New Jersey, Pittsburgh, and Detroit , all pre-season darlings, to a playoffs spot.

Imagine saying that in September , you would have been laughed off the boards.

Reactions: AllAlphas

Nogatco Rd

Apr 3, 2021
the Caps, without Backstrom and Kuznetsov, are likely to beat the likes of Ottawa, Buffalo, New Jersey, Pittsburgh, and Detroit , all pre-season darlings, to a playoffs spot.

Imagine saying that in September , you would have been laughed off the boards.

Based on SOS I don’t see them pulling it off, but stranger things have happened.

IMG_4017.jpeg

IMG_4018.jpeg

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
All they actually have to do to catch Washington is win the two head to head games and then play even hockey with them the rest of the games. They both have 27 regulation wins…if Buffalo catches up odds are they’d have the tie breaker to do it

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
All they actually have to do to catch Washington is win the two head to head games and then play even hockey with them the rest of the games. They both have 27 regulation wins…if Buffalo catches up odds are they’d have the tie breaker to do it
The Caps only trail the Flyers by a point, with a game in hand. They have their sights set on the No. 3 seed in the Metro, so it might not be the Caps the Sabres are chasing by the time those games take place. It could be Philly, NYI, and/or Detroit.

When a team is in Buffalo's position (11th in the East), it's not about the point total discrepancy so much as the number of teams it needs to leapfrog. They need things to go right for them and things to go wrong for multiple clubs in their way at once. Possible, but longer odds.

Reactions: AllAlphas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad