GDT: HF Boards GDT: 11/25/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
he was never really good in the NHL this season. It's not like they have many better options though. If they want him to play, then play him. If not, then why make a big deal out of it and call him up only to not give him a chance?

Why? :laugh: You want to know why the Oilers are the way they are and do the things they do?

I think I'd actually run out of space. Short answer: because every move they make is reactionary and born from the desperate situation they've put themselves in.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It was a battle of suck.
Oilers played like crap but if reffing was fair they could've gotten a point out of the game.
That Brown stab at Klefbom face is a penalty 99/100 times if it was a non Cali team.
Would have been a long 2 man advantage.

"stab at Klefbom's face" is an extremely creative interpretation of a shot follow thru.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Why? :laugh: You want to know why the Oilers are the way they are and do the things they do?

I think I'd actually run out of space. Short answer: because every move they make is reactionary and born from the desperate situation they've put themselves in.
yeah I know. it's more rhetorical than anything. my point is, he should've stayed in the AHL and it's pretty sad he only played 6 minutes. Edmonton would be in a much better spot if they knew how to develop players properly

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
It was a battle of suck.
Oilers played like crap but if reffing was fair they could've gotten a point out of the game.
That Brown stab at Klefbom face is a penalty 99/100 times if it was a non Cali team.
Would have been a long 2 man advantage.
it was a follow through. I see it called that way most of the time, although it is up to the refs I think

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
it was a follow through. I see it called that way most of the time, although it is up to the refs I think
I was watching the LA feed and it was more than just a follow through..
Follow through with additional love at the end. There is no way thats not a penalty if it was an Oiler.
Oilers played like shit but could have still managed a point.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
"stab at Klefbom's face" is an extremely creative interpretation of a shot follow thru.
Watch the replay and compare it to the shit the refs called against the Oilers. Factor in non calls against Kassian and McDavid and you will know how stupid the reffing was tonight

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Always with the ref blaming, Larsson got caught in lala land multiple times tonight, that’s why they lost, garbage tier D and a one line O. I’m sure people are happy Hitch pulled Pulju up to play 7 minutes. Yikes.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
It's amazing how many games the Oilers lose because of bad reffing. Its just not fair. :cry: When will it stop? There should be a public inquiry.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Every game tonight as ended with 7 goals total, 3 of them had exact same scoreline all the way down to home and away.

final_fantasy_vii_image3.jpg

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Every game tonight as ended with 7 goals total, 3 of them had exact same scoreline all the way down to home and away.

Was just going to post this.

IMO 7 is the perfect minimum goals scored on average in a game. The NHL should aim for this minimum average. Not to say there won't be the odd exciting low scoring duel, but on average, goals are important and make for more exciting hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->