GDT: HF Boards GDT: 11/25/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
I wish the Oilers had reffing in their favor half as bias as Bettman's California darlings. Guess they gotta keep hockey popular there somehow

I guess you missed the Sharks/Vegas game last night or like 90% of the Sharks games this season so far. The reffing hasn't favored them all that much.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
"None of our dmen are exceptional passers" :laugh:

Dustin Brown doubles his goal total in one game. The Oilers just made the worst team in the league look good.
yep. LA had roughly 60% of both scoring chances and high danger chances at 5v5. Edmonton got outplayed badly by a bunch of garbage

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Better team won, can't blame the refs for the constant parade of bad penalties the coilers took

JGuardz

Dec 22, 2009
I feel like I always read the refs being a huge issue for the oilers. I mean looking at that roster I'd assume the oilers lose cause their roster is riddled with 4th line wingers... But seems like it's always the refs that cost them :help:

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I feel like I always read the refs being a huge issue for the oilers. I mean looking at that roster I'd assume the oilers lose cause their roster is riddled with 4th line wingers... But seems like it's always the refs that cost them :help:
I think Oilers fans are right that McDavid gets no respect from officials for whatever reason, but refs weren't what cost them tonight

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
-Oilers have players like Kassian, Brodziak and Khaira who all look like they should be in the AHL. Really cant understand how the oilers cant find themselves better players than those 3.

Heck, I'd even put Lucic on that group, but given his contract he obviously wont be sent down. Lucic is a glorified 4th liner now.

-The oilers have a PTO player as one of their only legit scoring threats.

-Spooner also looks garbage

This team needs a total overhaul on their offense.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
also, why did Puljujarvi barely get to play? I thought one of the reasons TMac got fired was he didn't use him

Because he is awful. Took a lazy penalty in the second and his guy still got a shot off. If that was him leaving it all out there to impress the coach he's in trouble. Maybe lucky for him he won't be able to understand half the things Hitchcock yells at him.

Reactions: Heath

serp

Jan 17, 2016
also, why did Puljujarvi barely get to play? I thought one of the reasons TMac got fired was he didn't use him

His coach is Ken Hitchcock now . I don't know what the hell you expected. Everyone and their mother that watched Hitch could've told you Puljujarvi wouldn't get a bigger role with Hitch at the helm. Unless your one the the teams best players or one of the grinders he's in love with you're not getting much icetime. Especially if you make mistakes to boot. Hitch is gonna bench a young guy for any mistake really really really fast. ( not his beloved grinders though )

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Because he is awful. Took a lazy penalty in the second and his guy still got a shot off. If that was him leaving it all out there to impress the coach he's in trouble. Maybe lucky for him he won't be able to understand half the things Hitchcock yells at him.
he was never really good in the NHL this season. It's not like they have many better options though. If they want him to play, then play him. If not, then why make a big deal out of it and call him up only to not give him a chance?

Reactions: Cellee

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I think Oilers fans are right that McDavid gets no respect from officials for whatever reason, but refs weren't what cost them tonight
It was a battle of suck.
Oilers played like crap but if reffing was fair they could've gotten a point out of the game.
That Brown stab at Klefbom face is a penalty 99/100 times if it was a non Cali team.
Would have been a long 2 man advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad