GDT: HF Boards: GDT 11/17/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Oilers need skill bad.

-Lucic is a glorified 4th line player and should be moved there to take Kassian's spot.
-Kassian, on the other hand, should be benched/traded/waived
-Call up Pullijarvis (or however the f*** you spell his name) and put him in Lucic's spot in the lineup and maybe have some faith in the guy to produce.
-Look for an upgrade over Khaira and get someone with more skill and creativity.

Oh and last but not least, fire McLellan and replace him with Quenville

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Oilers fans are delusional with all this McLellan blaming. He is an average coach, but the bigger problem is KLowe/MacT/Chia still run your team. You could have Scotty Bowman or Jack Adams as your head coach and you'll still lose games in this manner.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Oilers need skill bad.

-Lucic is a glorified 4th line player and should be moved there to take Kassian's spot.
-Call up Pullijarvis (or however the **** you spell his name) and put him in Lucic's spot in the lineup and maybe have some faith in the guy to produce.
-Look for an upgrade over Khaira and get someone with more skill and creativity.

Disagree with Puljujarvi, he was given ample time on many lines and in many roles without any success. He needs time in the minors.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Oilers fans are delusional with all this McLellan blaming. He is an average coach, but the bigger problem is KLowe/MacT/Chia still run your team. You could have Scotty Bowman or Jack Adams as your head coach and you'll still lose games in this manner.

Por qué no los dos.

You don't have to know much about hockey at all to notice all the mistakes McLellan made tonight, regardless of his roster.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I agree there is far more wrong with the team then coaching, but that does not mean there are not things that seem questionable in some of his decisions. Especially in the third period when it became a more skating game, he didn't adjust. There was no reason at that point to keep Lucic on the first line, nor Kassian on the second line. The rough stuff was past and the team had stopped skating.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I f***ing love Mcdavid but he wasnt that good tonight tbh.

Still found a way to score a goal however, I guess great players produce regardless.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
some homer fans think all their problems will be solved with a coaching change. mclellan is literally working with 4 to 5 nhl worthy forwards a below average defense...and expected to do great things. the only reason they made the playoffs two years ago was because talbot had a vezina calibre year. mclallan is an easy scapegoat.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
source.gif

Oilers got posterized in that 3rd, what a satisfying win especially after reading this thread :laugh: :laugh:. “Backups” were next level tonight

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
some homer fans think all their problems will be solved with a coaching change. mclellan is literally working with 4 to 5 nhl worthy forwards a below average defense...and expected to do great things. the only reason they made the playoffs two years ago was because talbot had a vezina calibre year. mclallan is an easy scapegoat.
Its pretty clear Chia is the much bigger issue but canning that goof Mclellan is at least a start to righting the ship

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Oilers need skill bad.

-Call up Pullijarvis (or however the **** you spell his name) and put him in Lucic's spot in the lineup and maybe have some faith in the guy to produce.

They need skill on D more than anything. If you took a drink every time an Oilers defenseman made a clean outlet pass or a good play in the offensive zone tonight you'd be stone cold sober right now. For as bad as their forwards are, their own defense does a significant job neutralizing them even further.

Their D aren't even bad defensively, for the most part--but even when they get the puck back, they routinely fail to move it, and the other team just keeps getting chances because of it. Similarly, even if the Oilers are in the offensive zone, the play is going to die 95% of the time it goes back to the point.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Hockey night in cAnada has become a joke as far As talking about the NHL as a whole.

Does anyone remember satellite hot stove or just when they as far back as last year would show highlights of Saturday games? Now they cut those out and only show Canadian teams highlights we’ve seen a million times and I get, HNIC it’s in the name I understand why but my point is they used to care about the league if for one night on Saturday nights and talk about hot topics.

I was as a sabres fan in Canada Hoping to hear what they said about that, but oh we wouldn’t want to talk about one of the other 25 American teams. They gave an extra segment to Brian Burke or an extra player interview so we can hear the redundant “oh you know chip picks
On chip picks outs. We gotta play our game.”

And to be fair even when the sabres are losing which is always but right now apparently but I want to hear about what they say even then.

It’s not a huge issue but to me it is one. Everything is about Canadian teams and that’s how it used to be too on tsn everywhere playoff previews etc

HOWEVER tonight and last week they just act like the American gams just don’t exist.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I ****ing love Mcdavid but he wasnt that good tonight tbh.

Still found a way to score a goal however, I guess great players produce regardless.
he was bad despite his goal, but every player has bad games once in a while. It'd be nice if he had teammates who could pick up the slack for him. It wasn't from lack of trying though. They don't have enough skilled players at the moment

Reactions: 780il

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Not really. Oilers played much better while Tkachuk Had his antics happening. Flames took away the physical game and put Oilers to sleep.

Oilers never played anything less than awful. The Flames just kept gifting them breakaways and two-on-ones. And then they stopped gifting them breakaways and two-on-ones and the game was decided.

Reactions: Kanye

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Oilers never played anything less than awful. The Flames just kept gifting them breakaways and two-on-ones. And then they stopped gifting them breakaways and two-on-ones and the game was decided.
First 2 periods say hi. Oilers dominated the first 2 periods because Flames tried to physically and emotionally engage them.
In the 3rd they just played good hockey letting TMac get outcoached again.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Disagree with Puljujarvi, he was given ample time on many lines and in many roles without any success. He needs time in the minors.
Pulju was not given time with McDavid nor was he given time on first unit PP.
The time he got on top unit last year he was told to stand in front of the net and never got to use his shot.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Its pretty clear Chia is the much bigger issue but canning that goof Mclellan is at least a start to righting the ship
they need a new gm first who then can come and clean house. the biggest issue is the old boys club or whatever...the klowe's and mact's. their stench has been lingering for too long.

Reactions: 780il

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Pulju was not given time with McDavid nor was he given time on first unit PP.
The time he got on top unit last year he was told to stand in front of the net and never got to use his shot.
He has done zero to deserve any time with McDavid. He is never open to receive the puck in scoring areas, nor does he make any effective plays with the has the puck when he has it. They had him on the 2nd powerplay unit and he couldn't do anything there or get open for anything. I do not see how a good stretch of AHL games will hurt him. He should get to play a lot, get confidence, so he will be even stronger when he gets called up. I am not sure in what world he should be or deserves to be playing with McDavid though.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
He has done zero to deserve any time with McDavid. He is never open to receive the puck in scoring areas, nor does he make any effective plays with the has the puck when he has it. They had him on the 2nd powerplay unit and he couldn't do anything there or get open for anything. I do not see how a good stretch of AHL games will hurt him. He should get too play a lot, get confidence, so he will be even stronger when he gets called up. I am not sure in what world he should be or deserves to be playing with McDavid though.
If Rattie,Lucic,Caggiula,Yamamoti, Pouliot, Purcell and even Klinkhammer got a chance to play with McDavid then Pulju should get a shot as well.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Lol, all that smack talk by you Oil fans 2-0 went to waste.

Guess you forgot to show up in our favorite period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad