GDT: HF Boards: GDT 11/17/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
No. The third period, the Oilers stopped skating and made poor passes to exit the zone. Several times Dmen just played it off the halfwall hoping it would clear the zone. Lames deserved the win for **** kicking us in the third, Kachook had no effect in that. I do have Monabad in my pool, so it's not a total loss for me.

Good point without the silly nicknames. Monabad? Really?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I mean drawing penalties is never a bad thing, not entirely his fault Calgary can't keep pressure on the PP.

The 3rd period was pretty telling. Rattled team.
Not really. Oilers played much better while Tkachuk Had his antics happening. Flames took away the physical game and put Oilers to sleep.

Conor McDavitt

Oct 17, 2017
#1 star Lucic. Completely shutdown McDavid and Draisaitl.
That is true, not sure why Lucic was still on the that line in the 3rd period. In the first half of the game I can understand, but he should have been moved back down once the game settled down, that is bad coaching.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
There's one player in the league that can and will shut McDavid right down.

Milan Lucic, everyone.

It's a group effort between Lucic and the entire Oilers defense. They all take turns killing the play whenever the puck comes near them.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Haha omg oilers.

I always laugh because they should have hall, eberle and possibly McAvoy or Barzal.

They should be cup contenders but are probably the disgrace of Canada by ruining mcdavids prime years.

Terrible GM, coach and overall team.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
December 9 is the next Battle of Alberta. In case anyone was wondering.

That was a battle

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
That is true, not sure why Lucic was still on the that line in the 3rd period. In the first half of the game I can understand, but he should have been moved back down once the game settled down, that is bad coaching.

Gotta protect McDavid at all costs lol. Cant even have McDavid get into a clean board battle without someone jumping in to save him lmao

All this focus over protecting McDavid, when then focus should be on helping the guy with some actual wingers and secondary scoring help

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Conor McDavitt

Oct 17, 2017
Gotta protect McDavid at all costs lol. Cant even have McDavid get into a clean board battle without someone jumping in to save him lmao

All this focus over protecting McDavid, when then focus should be on helping the guy with some actual wingers and secondary scoring help
Well he hasn't been playing with Lucic all season so that is a lie. It made sense at the start of this game though.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
It'll never match up to 2015, but that 2013 draft is starting to look really good with breakout years from Lindholm, Domi and Drouin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->