GDT: HF Boards GDT: 10/27/18 (12 pm start)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
What's up with all these Mc posts? Is McJesus killing it again? I can't watch the first!

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Dave Hakstol still +750 to be first coach fired, folks. I’d guess it’s about a 40% likelihood, seems like extremely good value.

My only caution on that is if Yeo loses tonight, after putting himself on the hot seat, he might be gone too.

And I think Armstrong is more quick on the trigger than Hextall.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
It's a McOnslaught!

Of no points...so far

I meant play. I can see the scoreboard.

You know what's great about McDavid? The guy is the only player in the league who you can safely and easily say is going to hit 100 points. No one else in this league is capable of that. He's freaking nuts.

If he's healthy, I can see him winning 7 straight Art Ross' trophies like Gretzky.

Reactions: snipes

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Was this this birth of the NHL, like 103 years ago? Is that why you said Happy Birthday?
Nah - I'm not that knowledgable. I just meant that all those great games feel like a birthday present for fans. Could've said the schedule of games looks like Christmas day, but I didn't want to be exclusionary.

Reactions: dukeofjive

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Nah - I'm not that knowledgable. I just meant that all those great games feel like a birthday present for fans. Could've said the schedule of games looks like Christmas day, but I didn't want to be exclusionary.
If someone gave me a present of Hawks Blues I'd hope it comes with a gift receipt.

Reactions: sabremike and Lshap

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I meant play. I can see the scoreboard.

You know what's great about McDavid? The guy is the only player in the league who you can safely and easily say is going to hit 100 points. No one else in this league is capable of that. He's freaking nuts.

If he's healthy, I can see him winning 7 straight Art Ross' trophies like Gretzky.

The amount of chances he generates is insane. Even when he has games where he gets 0 or 1 point you think he easily could have had 4 or 5.

I think he has the potential to hit 130+ if everything comes together for him and he has some finishers on the wing.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Yah! He especially likes it when Refs are close at McHand.
He shoved the pred up high after being hit DURING play lol. Where is he hiding?

Also, crosschecking Strome in the face when receiving a check isn't that tough. Uncalled though. No surprise.

53or8

Nov 20, 2016
Barzal has 10 points in 9 games, the other 2 have 9 in 9. Should be noted Barzal has 6 PP points. I sort of predicted we probably would see a spike in his PP points this year(coupled with a decrease in 5 on 5 points)

A thread a few months ago indicated without Tavares Barzal was gonna suck bad.

Its early in the season but hes doesnt seem to be slowing down yet.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
The amount of chances he generates is insane. Even when he has games where he gets 0 or 1 point you think he easily could have had 4 or 5.

I think he has the potential to hit 130+ if everything comes together for him and he has some finishers on the wing.

Yeah, the amount of space he can create for himself despite being the guy every team will always focus on no matter who he plays with is ridiculous. Last year was crazy. They didn't have a lot of success on the PP but he still ended up leading the league in points.

With a good PP, it's not hard to see him put up 130. We definitely haven't seen the best of him.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA

Yeah it's a nice schedule today. Not really sure the game I'm looking forward to tonight. Ithink I had enough of Jets vs Leafs on Wednesday. Maybe take a look at Columbus tonight. Haven't watched them a lot.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
What a f***ing joke these refs are, how is that not a high stick call? 2 hands draisaitl in the face

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->